Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Daask

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin


Number of posts : 1299
Localisation : RBDM with a heart of gold
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Daask   Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:57 pm

After the Daask fiasco:

Korm and Six speed away from the Daask drug den as fast at they can run, followed by the laughter and jeers of the people (primarily goblinoids) who had gathered at a safe distance to see what was going on.

The pair hurry down a couple of streets, and then come to a halt, so that Korm can produce a healing potion and swallow it. This heals his wounds enough that he can come out of his berserker state without keeling over, but it does leave his fatigued from the exertion.

Now, the question is - what to do next?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Rowan



Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2006-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:37 pm

Korm's going to summon a phantasmal stag, so he can retrieve Luna even faster. He'll heal himself up to full with the wand before he goes.

I would recommend that Six stay behind to keep surveilance on the place. We'll want to know if Daask moves Gareth and Nameless, or their stuff, before we can get back. With Six's stealth skills and speed he should be fairly safe. He should heal himself with the wand ("I am a wizard!") before doing it though. When Korm comes back with Luna, we'll be obvious and nonstealthy enough then that Six can just meet up with us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Number of posts : 1299
Localisation : RBDM with a heart of gold
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:07 pm

Korm'akhan wrote:
Korm's going to summon a phantasmal stag, so he can retrieve Luna even faster. He'll heal himself up to full with the wand before he goes.

Since you have to go straight up and across from Dura to Tavick's Landing, the stag will have a hard time, since it'll have to climb stairs, pass through major crowds, and probably lead to Korm being stopped by the first city guards that see him. He'd know it's faster to be flying, so I'll assume that's what he does..

Quote :
I would recommend that Six stay behind to keep surveilance on the place. We'll want to know if Daask moves Gareth and Nameless, or their stuff, before we can get back. With Six's stealth skills and speed he should be fairly safe. He should heal himself with the wand ("I am a wizard!") before doing it though. When Korm comes back with Luna, we'll be obvious and nonstealthy enough then that Six can just meet up with us.

As Korm heals himself and Six begins trying to do a wizard impersonation, they can see a few goblinoids peering around the end of the road, pointing at them. They're pretty sure some of them are laughing.

Does Korm take off?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Six of Six



Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Daask   Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:15 pm

One: Six uses speed stealth and the hat of disquise to get away from prying eyes.

Two: Can Xorn carry people in earth glide? Can earth glide be used in the drug den?
If the above is afirmative, Luna can summon some Xorn. They slip in. Pop up , snag the charges and leave. Two Xorn per character, one to grab the other to use a smoke stick. Use Xorn instead of Earth elementals because Xorn speak common and have tremorsense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rowan



Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2006-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:23 pm

Admin wrote:
Since you have to go straight up and across from Dura to Tavick's Landing, the stag will have a hard time, since it'll have to climb stairs, pass through major crowds, and probably lead to Korm being stopped by the first city guards that see him. He'd know it's faster to be flying, so I'll assume that's what he does..

Okay. He's not going to do it immediately, because he doesn't know if Daask knows he can fly. (Because he's so inconspicuous when he does it, you know)

Quote :
As Korm heals himself and Six begins trying to do a wizard impersonation, they can see a few goblinoids peering around the end of the road, pointing at them. They're pretty sure some of them are laughing.

Does Korm take off?
Korm laughts loudly, grinning, and shakes his head at them as if you say "you idiots are so going to get it later." (Using his full Intimidate skill, albeit with a hefty circumstance penalty no doubt) Then he'll unfurl his mightily impressive looking hawk wings, and jump into the sky.

I so wish I could spare a flame strike!

(And... so much for the secrecy.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Number of posts : 1299
Localisation : RBDM with a heart of gold
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:19 pm

Korm'akhan wrote:
Korm laughts loudly, grinning, and shakes his head at them as if you say "you idiots are so going to get it later." (Using his full Intimidate skill, albeit with a hefty circumstance penalty no doubt) Then he'll unfurl his mightily impressive looking hawk wings, and jump into the sky.

The watching goblinoids' eyes go wide, and the majority quickly duck back around the corner as the wings spring out from Korm's back, while a couple crouch reflexively and stare in fascination as Korm takes to the sky.

As Korm figured, his ascent is clearly noted, as cries of alarm and fascination ring out. From a tower window nearby, a small goblin child shouts, "Mamma! Mamma! Come see the ugly bird!"

Whether a similar error be the reason or not, as Korm flaps his wings to gain altitude, a couple of crossbow bolts come shooting up at an angle, only to bounce of his layers of magical protection. Looking down in that direction, Korm sees a group of four armored hobgoblins heading down the adjoining street. They are only a few dozen feet from the corner, around which is the street Six is on. Two, with crossbows, have stopped to shoot at him, while the other two are moving towards the corner.

Six, down on the ground, cannot see who or what shot at Korm, but he clearly hears the sound of crossbows and sees the bolts bounce off Korm. He instantly realizes that the shooters were around the corner, which is about fifty feet from where he stands.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Six of Six



Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:26 pm

Six move in the opposite direction from the crossbowmen. Still looking for a way to evade all inhabitants and swing back to watch the drug den.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Number of posts : 1299
Localisation : RBDM with a heart of gold
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:04 pm

Dave W wrote:
Six move in the opposite direction from the crossbowmen. Still looking for a way to evade all inhabitants and swing back to watch the drug den.

Six makes it around the next corner unmolested. Glancing back, he sees two armored hobgoblins come around the corner cautiously. They look around but don't see Six, and proceed carefully into the street, followed shortly afterwards by two crossbowmen.

With his greater speed, as well as the Hat of Disguise, Six leaves them behind easily and blends in relatively well among the goblinoids of the area. Swinging around and heading back to the drug den, he finds a small crowd of people watching the place and talking animatedly, but nobody getting really close.

Two of the gnolls stand just outside the doorway, looking around carefully, and talking quietly among themselves. Though he cannot really make out many details inside, Six can see that neither Gareth nor Nameless lies where he fell. The corpse of the one ogre has been dragged to one side, as evidenced by his large feet sticking out. There is a significant amount of movement inside, and a few seconds later, the hooded man comes into sight as he calls the gnolls in.

The two gnolls enter the building and the other ogre reappears for a moment, to place a large crate in front of the doorway. Others follow, and soon a makeshift barricade has been created. The pair of gnolls take up position behind it and the movement inside ceases.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Admin
Admin


Number of posts : 1299
Localisation : RBDM with a heart of gold
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: And somewhere else...   Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:16 pm

The first thing Gareth and Nameless are aware of is the sensation of having unseen people holding them down while someone forces a thick, incredibly smelly, bitter liquid down their throats. Unfortunately, being blindfolded, near naked, and still groggy from their wounds, which apparently have been tended only enough to keep them alive, there is no way to resist short of letting the person drown them with the liquid. In fact, struggle or not, the process itself is enough to send them back into unconsciousness, the last memory being the nauseating feeling of the liquid burning down their throats.

The next time they awake, it is less painful. It is to the warmth of healing magic, if a limited amount, closing their wounds and bringing them back to reality. It is a painful one, accompanied by a churning in their gut as if they had eaten – or drunk – something that disagreed very strongly with them. They open their eyes to see they are sitting in a dark room, lit dimly by a lantern, in a pair of chairs. Both Nameless and Gareth are tied to their respective seats, with hands pinioned to the armrests, and are dressed in only their underclothes. From the corners of their eyes, they can make out that a pair of people – or creatures – stands behind and beside each of them. Even if they could not see them, the cold feeling of steel pressed to the back of their necks would be unmistakable.

Across the table from them, mostly shrouded in shadow, is a humanoid figure. Nameless is unable to see her features, but Gareth, able to see in the dark, sees that she is a human woman, perhaps in her early thirties. Her long hair hangs open, framing a strong, rather than attractive, face. Behind the woman stands a figure that even in the shadows that make vision difficult for Nameless, is clearly a minotaur, and a particularly muscular one. Gareth, able to make out more details, thinks that he is very likely the one they saw in Shamukaar, the Daask lieutenant called Torarg Blackhorn.

An elderly human stands between Gareth and Nameless, and he removes his hands from their shoulders. He looks at the woman and says, “They are healed. But not too much.” The woman nods and he turns away, heading towards a door to the right of the two prisoners. As he opens and steps through it, there is a glimpse of a dark hallway beyond. Gareth also notices the holy symbol hanging openly on his chest. It is the black, twisted symbol of the Mockery, the deity of dark magic and the corruption of nature.

As the door closes, the woman speaks. Her voice is smooth and pleasant. “First, let’s make one thing clear. Please don’t try to cast any spells. You’re not likely to be able to, considering your current condition, and even if you could, you’d never get it out fast enough to prevent a blade removing your head. And that would be regrettable.” She leans forward slightly, clasping her hands in front of her. “Tell me, Gareth Byron Deneith and Nameless, what do you have against Daask?”


OOC: Both of you are at 3 hp now. You are partly nauseated, as in needing to make a concentration check of DC 20 + spell level to get a spell off. You are also unable to cast spells that have anything other than a V component. Of course, as the speaker said, the chances of getting a V spell off is non-existent. Or getting it off and surviving, to be precise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Leonis



Number of posts : 746
Age : 41
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:07 pm

Struggling in his bonds, "Where are we located? And who are you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Number of posts : 1299
Localisation : RBDM with a heart of gold
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:55 pm

Gareth wrote:
Struggling in his bonds,

Gareth quickly realizes they put some effort into the bonds. He could break out if he had a couple of minutes of uninterrupted time to work on them. Unfortunately, that's not the case here, as evidenced by a growl from the rear and a quick, "Don't do that," from the woman. She looks past Gareth and says to the two behind him, "If he tries to get out again, smack him. But no killing."

Quote :
"Where are we located? And who are you?"

She looks back at Gareth and smiles, though there's little humor in it. "You are ... elsewhere from Malleon's Gate. And I am the woman who's asking you the questions. If you want to leave alive, and let me say now that I have no intention of hurting you if we can reach an understanding, then you will answer my questions."

She leans forward again. "Let me explain my question a little better, so that you understand. This is the second time you have attacked a Daask establishment ... no, make that third, since you were the ones who took our payroll. Why are you so interested in attacking us? As far as I know, Daask has not bothered you in any way."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Leonis



Number of posts : 746
Age : 41
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:20 am

Stopping the struggle, "I wouldn't say Daask has never hurt me or my friends in the past. Your guild members have stolen from us, and we never did reclaim all of our items. But a better answer to your question - what we have against Daask - your ever annoying presence in Sharn hurting those who cannot stand up to you. No better then Boromier" Snorting, "As for not killing us, I highly doubt you will not."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Number of posts : 1299
Localisation : RBDM with a heart of gold
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:11 am

Gareth wrote:
Stopping the struggle, "I wouldn't say Daask has never hurt me or my friends in the past. Your guild members have stolen from us, and we never did reclaim all of our items.


OOC: If you're referring to the stuff the fence had taken after Gareth got mugged, he had actually lied to Gareth about giving his stuff to Daask, but had sold it himself. Which is why Karr'Aashta managed to recover Kizmet for Gareth so fast.

Quote :
But a better answer to your question - what we have against Daask - your ever annoying presence in Sharn hurting those who cannot stand up to you. No better then Boromier" Snorting, "As for not killing us, I highly doubt you will not."

The minotaur growls angrily, but the woman waves a hand and he falls silent. "Don't be silly," she says, irritation clear in her voice. "If I was going to kill you, why would I be talking to you? Believe me, your coversation isn't that scintillating."

She gives a sigh and seems to compose herself. "So this is all some great heroic effort to clean up the city? If, as you say, we are no better than the Boromars, why don't you spread the love and go bother them somewhat? I know, I know - there is no arguing with holy crusaders, so I shouldn't bother. According to some," and she glances at the minotaur, "I should just kill you and be done with it."

"But, however, and I am being completely honest here, you face me with a big problem. I could have you killed right now. But you have powerful friends. Not just the two which escaped and that druid Luna, but others you know in the city. For all I know, killing you will send them seeking revenge on us. And while I can deal with that, I would much rather not."

"So, I have a proposition for you. I will let you go free, with all of your equipment and money returned to you, in return for a promise that you will never bother Daask again. What say you?"

She glances at Nameless. "And you, mage?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Leonis



Number of posts : 746
Age : 41
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:20 am

Admin wrote:

OOC: If you're referring to the stuff the fence had taken after Gareth got mugged, he had actually lied to Gareth about giving his stuff to Daask, but had sold it himself. Which is why Karr'Aashta managed to recover Kizmet for Gareth so fast.
Never got the amulet of natural armor back Very Happy

admin wrote:
She gives a sigh and seems to compose herself. "So this is all some great heroic effort to clean up the city? If, as you say, we are no better than the Boromars, why don't you spread the love and go bother them somewhat? I know, I know - there is no arguing with holy crusaders, so I shouldn't bother. According to some," and she glances at the minotaur, "I should just kill you and be done with it."

"We bother them also."

admin wrote:

"But, however, and I am being completely honest here, you face me with a big problem. I could have you killed right now. But you have powerful friends. Not just the two which escaped and that druid Luna, but others you know in the city. For all I know, killing you will send them seeking revenge on us. And while I can deal with that, I would much rather not."

"Yes, I think a few people would be bothered if something happend to Nameless and myself, people who are above bribary"

admin wrote:

"So, I have a proposition for you. I will let you go free, with all of your equipment and money returned to you, in return for a promise that you will never bother Daask again. What say you?"

She glances at Nameless. "And you, mage?"

"Can I think on your offer? Wait let me see, save myself on the promise that I never come by your way again - meaning you would have leave of the city -and me and my friends whenever you want - and you would have my promise of non-retaliation." Gareth shuts up when Nameless gives him a dirty look and waits for Nameless to say something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Number of posts : 1299
Localisation : RBDM with a heart of gold
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:55 am

Gareth wrote:
"Can I think on your offer? Wait let me see, save myself on the promise that I never come by your way again - meaning you would have leave of the city -and me and my friends whenever you want - and you would have my promise of non-retaliation." Gareth shuts up when Nameless gives him a dirty look and waits for Nameless to say something.

Oh lord - that's one of the best attempts at "let me piss off the people with a knife to my throat" that I've ever seen! I'll drop John an email reminder to post a response, since he might have an opinion about that.

And meanwhile, elsewhere... (OOC: Been handling this over email)

It takes a good half an hour for Korm to return with an irritated Luna, who is in the shape of a hawk for added speed/maneuverability, and rejoin Six near the drug den. Along the way, Korm has explained everything to Luna about the fiasco with the attack on the drug den and been considerably berated for not being able to do anything without her along.

When they arrive and meet Six in an alley a little distance away, he explains that he has been keeping an eye on the place. Shortly after the fight, the Daask members inside the building barricaded the doorway. Two gnolls guards are visible behind the doorway, and a couple more show up sometimes, but the spellcaster and the ogre have not shown
up again, nor have either Nameless or Gareth, both of whom were dragged inside.

The crowd of goblinoids who had shown up to watch from a distance near the end of the fight and afterwards has mostly dissipated.

After some discussion, the trio comes up with an ingenious, complicated, and very likely soon to be amusing, plan.

Luna summons a xorn and instructs it that it is to earth glide into the drug den, taking the portable hole (OOC: I'd normally have said Nameless had it, but it was too funny a plan to derail, so I went with Six having it) with it, and to flip it open as soon as it was inside.

Luna then summons a huge earth elemental close to the doorway to the drug den, while Korm is casting a barkskin on Six. Though she cannot communicate with it, the magic of the spell sends the creature rushing at the doorway and the barricade. As people on the street scream and flee, and howls of terror ring out from the unfortunate gnolls behind the barricade, the three remaining Angels jump into the portable hole. A second later, the hole goes dark, as the xorn grabs it and disappears into the ground.

Inside the portable hole, the three adventurers wait, cast protective spells, and hope that the xorn makes it all the way through and opens the portable hole before the summon spell that brought it here ends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Nameless



Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:19 am

Nameless will nod towards the Minotaur. "Ah, Torarg. We meet again, though under rather less pleasant circumstances. I take it you're not quite as pleased with this display as you were with our last one. Shamukaar and his Bar doing okay I trust?"

After pausing a moment for a reply, he'll turn to the woman. "We don't really have anything against Daask... Well, obviously Gareth is still a bit put out over his sword being stolen by some of your flunkies. But mostly it was just a slow day and we had some new toys to try out. Your drug den was convenient and unlikely to be missed. If you can point us towards some Boromir Drug dens that would be appreciated. They don't seem to be quite as blatant about these things as you do."

"I must say though, I was really very impressed with the effectiveness of your defenses and troops. You must follow the maxim of the great Hobbgoblin General Fr'edickk that troops should fear being eaten by their officers more than they fear their enemies."

"As for promising to leave you alone forever. obviously that's not a possiblity for my friend here. But we could negotiate a temporary truce for say 6 months or so. Many of my companions are easily distracted by other things and we may find other things to occupy our time."

"I am guessing however, that this would be insufficient to pursuade you to let us go. So perhaps we can scratch your back as well. If you have a Boromir target you'd like destroyed. Nothing ambigious mind you, my comrade here doesn't deal well with ambiguity. Someplace chock full of nicely blackhearted Boromir's engaged in some sort of socially reprehensible activities. Destruction is what we are best at after all, recent slipups aside."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Number of posts : 1299
Localisation : RBDM with a heart of gold
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:00 pm

The woman is just about to answer, and from her expression not at all happily, to Gareth when...

Nameless wrote:
Nameless will nod towards the Minotaur. "Ah, Torarg. We meet again, though under rather less pleasant circumstances. I take it you're not quite as pleased with this display as you were with our last one. Shamukaar and his Bar doing okay I trust?"

The woman looks over at Torarg, whose face now bears a look of bovine confusion. "Shamukaar and the Bar are...," he begins, before switching subjects. "If I'd known the trouble you'd cause, I'd have taken care of you outside Shamukaar myself." The tone isn't that angry, however.

Quote :
After pausing a moment for a reply, he'll turn to the woman. "We don't really have anything against Daask... Well, obviously Gareth is still a bit put out over his sword being stolen by some of your flunkies. But mostly it was just a slow day and we had some new toys to try out. Your drug den was convenient and unlikely to be missed. If you can point us towards some Boromir Drug dens that would be appreciated. They don't seem to be quite as blatant about these things as you do."

OOC: Daask never got the sword. The fence lied and said that they did, and then sold it to some other people in the underworld. But, with the stuff going on since then, it's reasonable for Nameless to forget the details.

Quote :
"I must say though, I was really very impressed with the effectiveness of your defenses and troops. You must follow the maxim of the great Hobbgoblin General Fr'edickk that troops should fear being eaten by their officers more than they fear their enemies."

"As for promising to leave you alone forever. obviously that's not a possiblity for my friend here. But we could negotiate a temporary truce for say 6 months or so. Many of my companions are easily distracted by other things and we may find other things to occupy our time."

"I am guessing however, that this would be insufficient to pursuade you to let us go. So perhaps we can scratch your back as well. If you have a Boromir target you'd like destroyed. Nothing ambigious mind you, my comrade here doesn't deal well with ambiguity. Someplace chock full of nicely blackhearted Boromir's engaged in some sort of socially reprehensible activities. Destruction is what we are best at after all, recent slipups aside."

The woman listens intently, and then a slow grin crosses her face. "I'd heard that you were a strange man, who summons weird monsters, but I'll give you this - you're smart." She looks at Gareth and says, "You could learn some diplomacy from this guy." (OOC: Laughing Laughing Laughing)

She turns back to Nameless, and says dryly, "Honored as I am to know that we were chosen as a convenient place to try out your new toys, avoiding that is in my best interests, and presumably avoiding death is in yours." Her eyes flicker to Gareth, and back again.

"As you say, we can look after ourselves, and better than the Boromars can against such as you. Still, you've done a lot of damage to us, and since killing you would just lead to more, I'd like to avoid it. A pity that you can't promise to leave us be, but even a truce of 6 months would be very preferable to the current situation."

She grins. "And a truce during which you can bother the Boromars would be eminently preferable. I can easily suggest a few places - and ways - you can hurt them. Their establishments are only less blatant than ours in that they're often dealing with a ... better class of client." Her tone makes it clear that she isn't using 'better' as a compliment.

"I can promise you this. If you do not attack a Daask establishment or member for 6 months, I will ensure that we will not bother any of you." She glances at Gareth and says, "Other than to offend your sensibilities, but that can't be helped. So - do we have an understanding? I suggest you listen to your friend here." She indicates Nameless with a nod.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Leonis



Number of posts : 746
Age : 41
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:41 pm

Admin wrote:


OOC: Daask never got the sword. The fence lied and said that they did, and then sold it to some other people in the underworld. But, with the stuff going on since then, it's reasonable for Nameless to forget the details.

OOC: I know this, but it is not an issue. The fence worked for Daask - what he does reflects on Daask.


Admin wrote:
"You could learn some diplomacy from this guy." (OOC: Laughing Laughing Laughing)

OOC: Who says Gareth is not trying to pick a fight...sides morally, how can Gareth agree to terms with these folks.

Admin wrote:
"I can promise you this. If you do not attack a Daask establishment or member for 6 months, I will ensure that we will not bother any of you." She glances at Gareth and says, "Other than to offend your sensibilities, but that can't be helped. So - do we have an understanding? I suggest you listen to your friend here." She indicates Nameless with a nod.

Looking at the cow "Ahhh my old friend, we should have a drink and talk about old times. There is a lot of information about the lower areas of Sharn that we could use." Waiting for a blow to the head "I guess you do not drink alcohol anymore, that is fine." Looking at the woman "So would you please explain the details - how would this exactly work?"

OOC: Is the woman wearing cloth or is she in armor, does she seem to be carrying any weapons and what type? Gareth is trying to discern if she is a spellcaster or a warrior type....basically Detect Thoughts. Gareth will use detect thoughts in the area to gauge how many people are around and then focus on the Torarg to see if he can get any names.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nameless



Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:31 pm

"Those terms are acceptible to me. Death is so... inconvenient." Nameless will stare at her as he says this, his gaze backed by the full force of his growing insanity.

"Then there's the expense of coming back from the dead and it does have a way of diminishing one. There's also the murderous rampage we'd have to go on to recover our equipment. It takes so much time... and leaves so many bodies..." He'll sigh at the thought of this.

"We just got back into Sharn too, after chasing down and killing a pair of Rakashas that stole something from us. We had to chase them hundreds of miles into the Demon Wastes and fighting in an active volcano is.... Well I can bore you with war stories some other time."

Abruptly turning to Gareth, he'll continue. "Gareth, when are the drapes we're making from the Rakashas going to be ready? Next week, was it? I forget. Moving into a new place and all that. I'm still disapointed that we lost the white one, he would really have gone well in the Solarium."

"In any case, I'd been meaning to go pound some Boromar establishments. I find things run better if a certain... balance is maintained and our activities had been hurting your group, without a counterbalancing blow to them."

"By the way approximately how long has it been since you captured us? If it's been longer than an hour or so, I hope you won't hold it against us."


Last edited by on Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis



Number of posts : 746
Age : 41
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:40 pm

Seeing Nameless' tactics, "Yes it is a shame the wall of lava burned the white one down - I told you not to have Luna push them in there. I needed a new cloak for the winter, and it would have made a wonderful present for some girl." Looking at the woman "If your group does not harass mine, and you give us locations of some Boromier outposts I would be willing to put a truce"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Number of posts : 1299
Localisation : RBDM with a heart of gold
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:36 pm

Gareth wrote:
OOC: I know this, but it is not an issue. The fence worked for Daask - what he does reflects on Daask.

Actually, he also worked with Daask, selling some drugs and fencing some stuff to them. He was mostly freelance, with them being a significant customer - cum - business partner, so to speak. Which, of course, can translate to working for Daask from some perspectives.

Admin wrote:
OOC: Who says Gareth is not trying to pick a fight...sides morally, how can Gareth agree to terms with these folks.

I don't think it counts as a fight if the other guy has you tied to a chair and can't lose. It counts as an annoyance, maybe Very Happy

As for the moral question of whether Gareth can agree to terms or not, well - that's the tough decision, isn't it?

Quote :
Looking at the cow "Ahhh my old friend, we should have a drink and talk about old times. There is a lot of information about the lower areas of Sharn that we could use." Waiting for a blow to the head "I guess you do not drink alcohol anymore, that is fine."

Torarg again looks a little confused. He looks like he's unsure what to say and finally settles for, "You are strange."

Quote :
Looking at the woman "So would you please explain the details - how would this exactly work?"

"Very simple, actually. You agree, as Nameless here said, not to attack any Daask members or outposts for six months, and in return, I release you, alive and unharmed with all belongings intact, and make sure that no Daask members attack you five - I believe it's five - personally. Simple, as I said."

Quote :
OOC: Is the woman wearing cloth or is she in armor, does she seem to be carrying any weapons and what type?

No armor or weapons that you can see. She is dressed in a loose gown of a black material, clearly well-made, with no distinctive markings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Admin
Admin


Number of posts : 1299
Localisation : RBDM with a heart of gold
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:03 pm

Nameless wrote:
"Those terms are acceptible to me. Death is so... inconvenient." Nameless will stare at her as he says this, his gaze backed by the full force of his growing insanity.

...

Abruptly turning to Gareth, he'll continue. "Gareth, when are the drapes we're making from the Rakashas going to be ready? Next week, was it? I forget. Moving into a new place and all that. I'm still disapointed that we lost the white one, he would really have gone well in the Solarium."

Gareth wrote:
Seeing Nameless' tactics, "Yes it is a shame the wall of lava burned the white one down - I told you not to have Luna push them in there. I needed a new cloak for the winter, and it would have made a wonderful present for some girl."

The woman does not look intimidated or worried so much as slightly off-put by Nameless' opening words and expressions. She listens and watches the byplay between Nameless and Gareth, and then comments, "I had been told your group was ... unusual, but you two seem especially so." She shrugs. "Presumably an advantage in, or result of, your line of work."

Nameless wrote:
"By the way approximately how long has it been since you captured us? If it's been longer than an hour or so, I hope you won't hold it against us."

She smiles. "No, I don't hold it against you - yet. And it's not been that long since we captured you. You'll find out soon enough."

Nameless wrote:
"In any case, I'd been meaning to go pound some Boromar establishments. I find things run better if a certain... balance is maintained and our activities had been hurting your group, without a counterbalancing blow to them."

Gareth wrote:
Looking at the woman "If your group does not harass mine, and you give us locations of some Boromier outposts I would be willing to put a truce"

"Good. As I said, we will not harass you in any way if you leave us alone. And as for Boromar outposts, I will be very happy to give you a number of locations. You can amuse yourself with them, as you see fit." She smiles again. "I am glad we can come to such an understanding, and...."

Gareth wrote:
Gareth is trying to discern if she is a spellcaster or a warrior type....basically Detect Thoughts. Gareth will use detect thoughts in the area to gauge how many people are around and then focus on the Torarg to see if he can get any names.

Gareth attempts to Detect Thoughts and discovers that he can only detect one mind ahead of him [OOC: Detect Thoughts is a 60 foot conical emanation, and you have to turn to use it on a new area, so he can only do the cone directly ahead of him], even though he can clearly see both Torarg and the woman. It is as if one is immune to it or protected in some way. Gareth realizes that the one mind he detects is less intelligent than him, and surmises that it is the minotaur's.

He then concentrates on reading Torarg's mind. The minotaur immediately raises a hand to his head and gives an angry bellow [OOC: Made the DC exactly]. "One of them used magic on me, Cavallah!"

The woman rises, glaring at both Gareth and Nameless. She quickly fixes her attention on Gareth and says, to someone behind him, "Knock him out." Immediately, Gareth feels a powerful blow to the head and everything goes black.

The woman looks coldly at Nameless and says, "I hope for your sake, and those of your companions, that you are smarter than this fool. Luckily, so far, you seem to be."

She then looks back at the guards behind Gareth, and says to one, "You can revive him now." The guard, who Nameless can now see is a gnoll, roughly opens Gareth's mouth and pours a potion down his throat. After a couple of seconds, his eyes flutter open. The guard steps back into position and the woman says, "That was really stupid. Try something like that again and I will remove two of your fingers."

Then she pauses, takes a deep breath to compose herself, seats herself, and says, "That was unfortunate. It also leads me to believe that you don't fully understand the depth of my seriousness. Believe me, if you lie to me, I will see you dead. And those who you hold dear in this city."

"You are powerful and have many resources; we both know that. But there are some things that money and power cannot help with. If you lie to me and break your word, I promise you this, I will set House Tarkanan on you. And I will ask for them to use a Keeper's Fang."

[OOC: A Keeper's Fang is a special type of dragonshard bound weapon, which not only kills but also automatically sends the soul of the slain to the domain of the Keeper, the Sovereign Lord of Death and Decay. The victim cannot be brought back to life by any method known.]

"However good you are, none of you are immune to a dedicated assassination attempt. And neither are your friends and acquaintances. I believe the going rate to kill someone of your abilities would be 5000 galifars. It is a lot of money, but then again, the resources used in capturing you today were over that amount, and that doesn't include the loss of a number of my soldiers, especially the elite ones. If you had completely destroyed our establishment, it would have been much much more costly to us. So, you see, it will be very much a justifiable expense."

"I am telling you this to underline how serious I am. You are a problem I do not want to have to deal with, and if you are willing not to bother me, I will not bother you. Now, without further foolishness, do we have a deal?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Leonis



Number of posts : 746
Age : 41
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:29 pm

Waking up from the blow to the head, and in a severely groggy and slurred voice "Hmm, that felt good. So I didn't hear, I have this ringing in my head, what is it you said?"

OOC: Who is this house she speaks of

OOC2: Where is our support. These folks had enough time to rustle us somewhere, tie us, get the proper people, question us, etc. All our side had to do was fly to get luna.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Number of posts : 1299
Localisation : RBDM with a heart of gold
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:48 pm

Gareth wrote:
Waking up from the blow to the head, and in a severely groggy and slurred voice "Hmm, that felt good. So I didn't hear, I have this ringing in my head, what is it you said?"

All Gareth missed is the following:

The woman looks coldly at Nameless and says, "I hope for your sake, and those of your companions, that you are smarter than this fool. Luckily, so far, you seem to be."

The bit after it he's awake for.

Quote :
OOC: Who is this house she speaks of?

Neither Gareth nor Nameless has any knowledge of it. Nameless, however, recognizes the name. 1500 years ago, there was a huge conflict across Khorvaire, where the pure dragonmarked families exterminated the holders of mixed and aberrant dragonmarks.

Lord Halas Tarkanan was a brilliant tactician who led the forces of those with aberrant dragonmarks, and despite being heavily outnumbered, he waged a long war, seizing Sharn and taking it as his capital. Finally, sheer numbers defeated him, and he and his wife (called the Lady of the Plague) released horrific magical forces, destroying much of Sharn and themselves. Only 500 years later was Sharn rebuilt.

The idea of a House Tarkanan would, of course, be ludicrous.

Quote :
OOC2: Where is our support. These folks had enough time to rustle us somewhere, tie us, get the proper people, question us, etc. All our side had to do was fly to get luna.

Flying to get Luna and returning with her would have meant crossing a distance of about 12 miles in a straight line. And, of course, they would have had to cover more than that. Even with Korm's and Luna's speed, that would take a couple of hours.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Nameless



Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:31 pm

OOC : I did try to disuade Avi from doing this. My words were in part "You do recall how Shil was rolling when we got into this mess?"

Admin wrote:
The woman looks coldly at Nameless and says, "I hope for your sake, and those of your companions, that you are smarter than this fool. Luckily, so far, you seem to be."

She then looks back at the guards behind Gareth, and says to one, "You can revive him now." The guard, who Nameless can now see is a gnoll, roughly opens Gareth's mouth and pours a potion down his throat. After a couple of seconds, his eyes flutter open. The guard steps back into position and the woman says, "That was really stupid. Try something like that again and I will remove two of your fingers."

Nameless will shake his head sadly. "My apologies, I've tried to break him of this habit, but he seems incapable of learning when it comes to this. Actually, could you hit him once or twice more for me please? I'd do it myself, but I'm kind of tied up at the moment. I wish he'd learn some manners or discretion at least. But that's likely to be the work of several more years."

Admin wrote:
Then she pauses, takes a deep breath to compose herself, seats herself, and says, "That was unfortunate. It also leads me to believe that you don't fully understand the depth of my seriousness. Believe me, if you lie to me, I will see you dead. And those who you hold dear in this city."

"You are powerful and have many resources; we both know that. But there are some things that money and power cannot help with. If you lie to me and break your word, I promise you this, I will set House Tarkanan on you. And I will ask for them to use a Keeper's Fang."

I have had no doubts as to your seriousness. I don't think he does either, unfortunately he has this compulsion to try probing other people. Despite the fact that he keeps getting caught, for some reason he thinks he can get away with it. However, despite his "limitations", he does honor his word once given. As do I."

Admin wrote:
"However good you are, none of you are immune to a dedicated assassination attempt. And neither are your friends and acquaintances. I believe the going rate to kill someone of your abilities would be 5000 galifars. It is a lot of money, but then again, the resources used in capturing you today were over that amount, and that doesn't include the loss of a number of my soldiers, especially the elite ones. If you had completely destroyed our establishment, it would have been much much more costly to us. So, you see, it will be very much a justifiable expense."

"I am telling you this to underline how serious I am. You are a problem I do not want to have to deal with, and if you are willing not to bother me, I will not bother you. Now, without further foolishness, do we have a deal?"

I assure you I have no doubts as to your seriousness or ... Wait. Did you say only 5,000 galifars? That's it? Or... do you get a volume discount? No. Nevermind... that's not important. We have a deal as far as I am concerned."

"Gareth if you can stop being rude for a moment..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Daask   

Back to top Go down
 
Daask
Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shil's Eberron Game :: Back in Sharn-
Jump to: