Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Daask

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Leonis



Number of posts : 746
Age : 41
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:08 pm

"A paladin is more then the grace given to him, you soulless piece of metal, you have no idea what you are speaking of. Carry this any further, and you will test my patience and my honor. Do not cross that line." Breathing for a second, "Now what is your association with Boromar machine"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Number of posts : 1299
Localisation : RBDM with a heart of gold
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:19 pm

Gareth wrote:
"A paladin is more then the grace given to him, you soulless piece of metal, you have no idea what you are speaking of. Carry this any further, and you will test my patience and my honor. Do not cross that line." Breathing for a second, "Now what is your association with Boromar machine"

OOC: Funnily enough, this is very similar to the kind of anger Cedric had in the game where he's a PC, when he was having his little meltdown. Except in his case it involved rejecting his particular deity and everything about it.

Cedric and another PC also almost came to blows, and actually exchanged a couple, but specifically because the other PC figured the best way to let Cedric work out some of his frustration was to give him something to beat on, i.e. the PC himself. Interesting theory.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Six of Six



Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:21 pm

Gareth wrote:
"A paladin is more then the grace given to him, you soulless piece of metal, you have no idea what you are speaking of. Carry this any further, and you will test my patience and my honor. Do not cross that line." Breathing for a second, "Now what is your association with Boromar machine"

I have as much soul as you do and your is not the only patience tested.
Does anyone else have this question.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Number of posts : 1299
Localisation : RBDM with a heart of gold
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:26 pm

Dave W wrote:
I have as much soul as you do and your is not the only patience tested.
Does anyone else have this question.

I believe Nameless' take on Six's approach to the Boromar thing was:

Nameless wrote:
If you have personal things you wish to keep private, that is not an issue, but if you have made alliances or deals with Boromar then that does involve us and if you insist on concealing that fact then you are breaking the trust between us.

Don't know if Mike or Julia will be posting on the subject (I'm guessing not very likely), but I'd assume Korm and Luna would at least be curious about Six's reasons, though I doubt they'd be suspicious of his motives.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Leonis



Number of posts : 746
Age : 41
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:27 pm

Dave W wrote:
I have as much soul as you do and your is not the only patience tested.
Does anyone else have this question.

"Good then you will not question my faith and I will not question your soul." Looking around "As for the question, Nameless also asked it and added the issue of trust. Where the Boromars are concerned it is an issue that affects all of us - especially since we have had and will have more altercations with them, or do you not care if they peddle their drugs to children, and harm innocents who do not do as they are told."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six



Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:05 am

Six looks pensive then resolved.
We, pointing to Nameless, Korm, Luna and himself, are now citizens of Breland, home owners and residents of Sharn. We will not conduct vigilantism in Sharn. You, pointing to Gareth, are a foreign national with a nominal association house Deneith if you make a move against a Sharn resident you better have a warrent issued by the proper authority. You know better than I what the penaties are for foreigners committing assault in Sharn.
I do not like Sharn. Intrigue is a bloodsport here played by masters. I suck at it but you are worst, (addressing no one in particular). This is where you have chosen to settle, fine. Disturbance we do which could have been ignored when we were visitors now will be acted upon, as our settlement provides the means and the need for retaliation. And before you go on about how 'powerful' you are, does that apply to the people you know? Or do you care not about people you know or might know (look at Luna). And don't think I only refer to death as a retribution, think creatively the gnomes will. Its time to follow the dictum,(pulls out a notepad) "Don't shit where you eat."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Number of posts : 1299
Localisation : RBDM with a heart of gold
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:00 am

Dave W wrote:
Six looks pensive then resolved.
We, pointing to Nameless, Korm, Luna and himself, are now citizens of Breland, home owners and residents of Sharn. We will not conduct vigilantism in Sharn. You, pointing to Gareth, are a foreign national with a nominal association house Deneith if you make a move against a Sharn resident you better have a warrent issued by the proper authority. You know better than I what the penaties are for foreigners committing assault in Sharn.
I do not like Sharn. Intrigue is a bloodsport here played by masters. I suck at it but you are worst, (addressing no one in particular). This is where you have chosen to settle, fine. Disturbance we do which could have been ignored when we were visitors now will be acted upon, as our settlement provides the means and the need for retaliation. And before you go on about how 'powerful' you are, does that apply to the people you know? Or do you care not about people you know or might know (look at Luna). And don't think I only refer to death as a retribution, think creatively the gnomes will. Its time to follow the dictum,(pulls out a notepad) "Don't shit where you eat."

I can see the stat boosts to all the mental scores are having an effect Smile

Feel free to continue with the above discussion, but here's a little something to keep things moving:


* * * * * * * * * *
The day after the attack on the drug den, a liveried halfling messenger shows up to the house with a sealed envelope. Inside is a letter, which says...

To the members of the Guardian Angels:

You are cordially invited to dinner with Saidan Boromar and Mala Boromar d'Jorasco.

Please bring this invitation with you.

* * * * * * * * * *

The letter is signed "Saidan Boromar". It contains directions to the Boromar estate in the Little Plains district of Middle Menthis. The invitation is for the next day.

Saidan Boromar is the current patriarch of the Boromar clan and Mala is his wife, mother to Ilyra Boromar, who is on the City Council. And just for the record, considering that Saidan is one of the richest men in Sharn and a member of the Sixty Families (the richest and best-connected families in the city), it would be a huge social gaffe to refuse.

Not that such considerations should stop you guys, of course Razz

So - what's the answer?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Six of Six



Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:10 am

Quote :
* * * * * * * * * *
The day after the attack on the drug den, a liveried halfling messenger shows up to the house with a sealed envelope. Inside is a letter, which says...

To the members of the Guardian Angels:

You are cordially invited to dinner with Saidan Boromar and Mala Boromar d'Jorasco.

Please bring this invitation with you.

* * * * * * * * * *

The letter is signed "Saidan Boromar". It contains directions to the Boromar estate in the Little Plains district of Middle Menthis. The invitation is for the next day.

Saidan Boromar is the current patriarch of the Boromar clan and Mala is his wife, mother to Ilyra Boromar, who is on the City Council. And just for the record, considering that Saidan is one of the richest men in Sharn and a member of the Sixty Families (the richest and best-connected families in the city), it would be a huge social gaffe to refuse.

Not that such considerations should stop you guys, of course Razz

So - what's the answer?


Well it begins, the true price of Sharn citizenship. Get on your finery and sweeten your breath we at war, the Sharn way.
Six will go and get some fine clothes proablity from Killian's place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nameless



Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:39 am

Dave W wrote:
Well it begins, the true price of Sharn citizenship. Get on your finery and sweeten your breath we at war, the Sharn way.
Six will go and get some fine clothes proablity from Killian's place.

OOC: Everyone needs to watch "A Night at the Opera"! We're going to unleash the Marx Brother's on SHARN!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Number of posts : 1299
Localisation : RBDM with a heart of gold
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:44 am

Nameless wrote:
OOC: Everyone needs to watch "A Night at the Opera"! We're going to unleash the Marx Brother's on SHARN!

I actually haven't seen a single Marx Brothers film, but I don't think you could do anything worse to Sharn after Luna has decided to start dating and having kids.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Leonis



Number of posts : 746
Age : 41
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:07 pm

"Hold on Six, you have yet to explain your reasons - and is this letter part of it? What have you gotten us into? What is your association with Boromar? Just walking away and acting like nothing is going on is rude, but breaks a lot of trust we have developped in our travels and on the field of battle".

OOC: Yea Garet going to Boromar's with detect poison and full plate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six



Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:30 pm

Gareth wrote:
"Hold on Six, you have yet to explain your reasons - and is this letter part of it? What have you gotten us into? What is your association with Boromar? Just walking away and acting like nothing is going on is rude, but breaks a lot of trust we have developped in our travels and on the field of battle".

OOC: Yea Garet going to Boromar's with detect poison and full plate.

What part of 'Masters of the Game" don't you understand. I didn't start anything WE DID when we walked into Sharn and said hello. I'll make it plain hopefully you will understand. We are residents of Sharn subject to the rulings of City Council. Boromar is one of the movers and shakers and have at least one seat on Council. Now listen closely, this makes us subject to the influence of Boromar and puts them, from our perspective more in the 'good guy' collumn as they and we have an interest in the continue fortunes of Sharn.

If you have a problem with how things are done in Sharn leave, I'll be right behind you. But don't think your lens of conduct is going to work here. Sharn is little Zilargo except nastier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six



Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:58 pm

I want to get a silvered short sword. Highly decorative but funtional for this and other occasions to come.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Number of posts : 1299
Localisation : RBDM with a heart of gold
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:25 pm

Gareth wrote:
OOC: Yea Garet going to Boromar's with detect poison and full plate.

Just for the record, nobody goes to social dinners in armor. Besides the fact that it's rude, people clank a lot more at the table. That being said, as usual, feel free to do what you want.

Dave W wrote:
I want to get a silvered short sword. Highly decorative but funtional for this and other occasions to come.

Should be no problem whatsoever. Usually anything bigger than a dagger is out of place in a social gathering, but a short sword's close. Six, of course, has the advantage of having two big weapons always at hand. They're connected to his wrists.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Leonis



Number of posts : 746
Age : 41
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:12 pm

Dave W wrote:

What part of 'Masters of the Game" don't you understand. I didn't start anything WE DID when we walked into Sharn and said hello. I'll make it plain hopefully you will understand. We are residents of Sharn subject to the rulings of City Council. Boromar is one of the movers and shakers and have at least one seat on Council. Now listen closely, this makes us subject to the influence of Boromar and puts them, from our perspective more in the 'good guy' collumn as they and we have an interest in the continue fortunes of Sharn.

If you have a problem with how things are done in Sharn leave, I'll be right behind you. But don't think your lens of conduct is going to work here. Sharn is little Zilargo except nastier.

Listening to Six, "You use quite some big terms there 'Masters of the Game'. And because of your many years of existance and skills in the ways diplomacy and politics as well as laws really gives you a superior advantage. Now through all that you have just told me, what is your association with Boromar. What meetings and deals - or understandings - have you made with them. Are they related to this invitation" Gareth holds the invitation in one hand "Which we will have to take, though I loathe to, in order to maintain a semblance of diplomacy. Answer the questions direct and fair. I am not singling you out and you know I have done the same to Nameless in the past. As for the attitude of stick with the status quo or leave, I think not. If I do not like how something is done I will work to change it - and I have seen you do the same. Or do you like children being worked as slaves, while their siblings are high on some kind of drug that was peddaled to them. Answer the questions plain and simple, and let us be done with this argument"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis



Number of posts : 746
Age : 41
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:14 pm

[quote="Admin"]
Gareth wrote:
Just for the record, nobody goes to social dinners in armor. Besides the fact that it's rude, people clank a lot more at the table. That being said, as usual, feel free to do what you want.

I was being a bit facetious Very Happy Gareth will be, however, wearing his mithral chain shirt and will have his longsword in his fancy clothes. I am sure Gareth can get away with this being known as a paladin. Gareth will also inquire if Lalia is going to this function.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six



Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:22 pm

Quote :
Listening to Six, "You use quite some big terms there 'Masters of the Game'. And because of your many years of existance and skills in the ways diplomacy and politics as well as laws really gives you a superior advantage. Now through all that you have just told me, what is your association with Boromar. What meetings and deals - or understandings - have you made with them. Are they related to this invitation" Gareth holds the invitation in one hand "Which we will have to take, though I loathe to, in order to maintain a semblance of diplomacy. Answer the questions direct and fair. I am not singling you out and you know I have done the same to Nameless in the past. As for the attitude of stick with the status quo or leave, I think not. If I do not like how something is done I will work to change it - and I have seen you do the same. Or do you like children being worked as slaves, while their siblings are high on some kind of drug that was peddaled to them. Answer the questions plain and simple, and let us be done with this argument"

I already have, you poor simple rube. What part of 'Boromar Council member of City I am a citizen of' don't you understand? If you want to act on Boromar get a warrent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis



Number of posts : 746
Age : 41
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:39 pm

Dave W wrote:

I already have, you poor simple rube. What part of 'Boromar Council member of City I am a citizen of' don't you understand? If you want to act on Boromar get a warrent.

"Do not continue with this line of insults. Citizens of this city do not simply get invited to these kind of events. Not to mention you just became a citizen and you only did so because you wanted to buy a residence. What is the real reason? Are your loyalties to Boromar or to this group who you have shed blood with?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nameless



Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:50 pm

Gareth wrote:
Dave W wrote:

I already have, you poor simple rube. What part of 'Boromar Council member of City I am a citizen of' don't you understand? If you want to act on Boromar get a warrent.

"Do not continue with this line of insults. Citizens of this city do not simply get invited to these kind of events. Not to mention you just became a citizen and you only did so because you wanted to buy a residence. What is the real reason? Are your loyalties to Boromar or to this group who you have shed blood with?"

"I think you misunderstand Six, Gareth. He's saying that by setting down roots in Sharn we have made ourselves vulnerable to the politics and machinations of the power brokers. Where as once we were free to leave should the situation turn hostile, we now are citizens subject to laws and the possessors of property that won't fit in a backpack or even a portable hole."

"Also he's trying to make the point that the Boromars are part of the power structure of Sharn, so if we attack them we risk bringing the wrath of that power down on us. Especially if we do it in an open and obvious manner. We are not anonymous figures easily lost in a crowd anymore."

"Though I doubt if Six cares much what us squishy, fleshy types do to each other or to children. Remember he can not have children and Warforged do not reproduce, those imperatives of flesh are absent in him. So berating him over such things is pointless. You might as well rail at a Tree over it's indifference to the fates of birds that shelter in it's leaves."

OOC : Dave are you trying to RP Six or just having trouble expressing yourself?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis



Number of posts : 746
Age : 41
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:29 pm

Listening to Nameless and a little look of relief coming over Gareth's face, Gareth speaks to Six "If Nameless's message is what you were trying to convey then I agree we need to tread carefully, especially if we plan on living here in Sharn. I have already started to lay permenant roots in Sharn, but with that I walk the streets and see destitution. We live in a very expensive and privledged section of Sharn but you have seen other parts of it." Pausing for a second,

"How should we live in Sharn? As slaves to Boromar because they are powerful? We are also powerful, but barring that - my soul and conscious does not allow me for wrong to continue - what about yours Six? Nameless? Luna? Kormicon?. If Boromar wants to have a front political side and a darkside they have to live with those consequences. Part of those consequences is me and people like me. " Giving it time to sink into the group "How would you live in Sharn? Do you think the destitution of the lower area's of Sharn won't climb up here one day? Maybe one day soon. Do you sleep, or in your case Six - meditate, well at night not worrying about the choices you make and how it affects others NOT just us. The alliances we make reflect on all of us. Six, if you become friends with Boromar this will reflect on all of us because we are associated. My friendship with the church reflects on you. I need to, as well as the rest of us, know what relationship you have with Boromar. I also need you to understand these drug dens are not acceptable. If you are citizens of Sharn, true citizens, and you want to work within the laws of Sharn then you need to know - because I believe I know the law more then you - these drug dens are illegal. They are run by Boromar who is a broker for illegal activities. How do we support a group - and by being associated with them we are supporting them - that believes in ruining the lives of many for their profits? What do you say?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six



Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:53 pm

Quote :

OOC : Dave are you trying to RP Six or just having trouble expressing yourself?

Did every else miss my point. If so where was the separtation point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis



Number of posts : 746
Age : 41
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:57 pm

I didn't get your point, but I am assuming you were RPing Six because otherwise you called me a simple rube and believe that you (not Six) is a citizen of Sharn which would be an issue in and of itself. cat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Number of posts : 1299
Localisation : RBDM with a heart of gold
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:03 pm

Dave W wrote:
Did every else miss my point. If so where was the separtation point.

I think John might be talking about the fact that Six never answered Gareth's (and Nameless') question about whether he has set up any association with the Boromars or not.

I've seen this happen before with you guys, where a question will go unanswered and turn into a major (and for me, hugely entertaining) discussion/argument. It's like watching a sitcom Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Six of Six



Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:36 pm

Gareth wrote:
Listening to Nameless and a little look of relief coming over Gareth's face, Gareth speaks to Six "If Nameless's message is what you were trying to convey then I agree we need to tread carefully, especially if we plan on living here in Sharn. I have already started to lay permenant roots in Sharn, but with that I walk the streets and see destitution. We live in a very expensive and privledged section of Sharn but you have seen other parts of it." Pausing for a second,

"How should we live in Sharn? As slaves to Boromar because they are powerful? We are also powerful, but barring that - my soul and conscious does not allow me for wrong to continue - what about yours Six? Nameless? Luna? Kormicon?. If Boromar wants to have a front political side and a darkside they have to live with those consequences. Part of those consequences is me and people like me. " Giving it time to sink into the group "How would you live in Sharn? Do you think the destitution of the lower area's of Sharn won't climb up here one day? Maybe one day soon. Do you sleep, or in your case Six - meditate, well at night not worrying about the choices you make and how it affects others NOT just us. The alliances we make reflect on all of us. Six, if you become friends with Boromar this will reflect on all of us because we are associated. My friendship with the church reflects on you. I need to, as well as the rest of us, know what relationship you have with Boromar. I also need you to understand these drug dens are not acceptable. If you are citizens of Sharn, true citizens, and you want to work within the laws of Sharn then you need to know - because I believe I know the law more then you - these drug dens are illegal. They are run by Boromar who is a broker for illegal activities. How do we support a group - and by being associated with them we are supporting them - that believes in ruining the lives of many for their profits? What do you say?"

We are advance adventurers who use sigificant money and pull to get a stately house in a rich part of Sharn. Given our history here espeically with Boromar, an invite isn't unusual. It is probably the openning of a long campaign of intrique.

I've seen their are laws on the books and laws people follow. Sometimes they are the same, but you need to know both sets to be effective at operating in a society. Considering Boromars abilities, knowing what the sets are is crucial before you act.

As far as thinking of other, its the people you know I was referring to; Bodo, Lalia, Trista, Luna's childern etc. We don't have a good track record of protecting people envolve with our adventures. Also as I've said deatlh is not the only way of retribution. Given the way things work here, opponents might mess with us just because its fun.

OOC: If anything above is unclear, let me know. I'll address it on Sat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis



Number of posts : 746
Age : 41
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Daask   Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:52 pm

Dave W wrote:

We are advance adventurers who use sigificant money and pull to get a stately house in a rich part of Sharn. Given our history here espeically with Boromar, an invite isn't unusual. It is probably the openning of a long campaign of intrique.

"Do you have a relationship with Boromar outside of our relationship with Boromar. And please do not attempt to use your game of intrigue or guile with me. I may not play the game, but I am very skilled at detecting it" Waiting for a second "And let us not forget, we are powerful and we should not start acting like a group like the Boromar's are godlike. Believe me when I tell you they feel they have a lot more to lose then we do and they will not bring attention to themselves. We have some reporters who would be glad to report the Boromar's are sending assassins at us. That piece of information is more then likely to destroy the public face of the clan."

Dave W wrote:

I've seen their are laws on the books and laws people follow. Sometimes they are the same, but you need to know both sets to be effective at operating in a society. Considering Boromars abilities, knowing what the sets are is crucial before you act.

"What laws, on the books, have you seen? I have spent many hours in the library studying law and when have you been there? Also, what "laws people follow" are you talking about? Are you trying to hint at the underworld? Those are not laws, those are whims that change as fast as a persons nature does. Those so-called laws are based on desire, greed and corruption - and laws like drug dealing, harassment of innocents, extortion and more will not be followed by me - and they are against the written law - the one that puts you in jail.

Dave W wrote:
As far as thinking of other, its the people you know I was referring to; Bodo, Lalia, Trista, Luna's childern etc. We don't have a good track record of protecting people envolve with our adventures. Also as I've said deatlh is not the only way of retribution. Given the way things work here, opponents might mess with us just because its fun.

"Yes Boromar, or anyone else can come after the people we know - and the Silver Flame help them if they do - because nobody else will be able to. They know this, and we know this. They know that touching our kin will cause more havoc and damage to them then what happend on that island adventure we went to. You know this also."

"Our public face, our prowess, and our contents gives us a broad shield. Our unyielding compromise of the right thing to do will protect us. Consorting and working with the forces of evil, and we all agree Boromar and Daask are evil, will do nothing but weaken us in the eyes of those who can most help us. Again, do you have a relationship with Boromar outside of what the group has - are there any pieces of information that you have which I and/or the rest of the group does not have? If you cannot trust us with this information, how can you trust us in the field of battle?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Daask   

Back to top Go down
 
Daask
Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shil's Eberron Game :: Back in Sharn-
Jump to: