Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Post-gladiatorial trauma

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Post-gladiatorial trauma   Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:56 pm

Nameless wrote:
I think he means the other adventuring group from your other campaign the Blades of Arakain?

Ah, thanks - I completely missed that. They're the Blades of Arakhain.

Dave W wrote:
Yes I'm the same Six.
I have seen warforged that seem new or misformed in the Cogs. One nearly dropped on me. He was dead. His head bashed in.
I had read about the Lord of Blades and the Archons(?). I wanted to find out that resolution. On both issues this is the first time I've had to pursue these questions. A simple link that the waeforged came from the Lord of Blades is unsupported.
When would the artificers want to look at the harness?
Working for the House would depend on the job. However if it envolves destroying evil, abberations or fights to the death I sure the GA will be interested.

"New warforged?" asks Jerim, with evident curiosity. "When did this happen?" [OOC: It was in the first week of Dravago, 5 months ago]

"As for the Lord of Blades and the Blades of Arakhain, yes - unfortunately they were killed during the attack on his forces. I believe they were actually the ones who slew him, losing some of their members in the battle, and the rest were killed by his followers. I've only heard about it, since I wasn't part of the expedition." He smiles. "I have no interest in visiting the Mournland."

"The Blades actually helped a great deal with the setting up of the offer to the warforged from the House, and were quite helpful to Baron Merrix in other ways too. They too were concerned about new warforged, and I'm actually the person they met when first coming here to the House. I put them in contact with the Baron. They were good people and their death is a pity."

"Regarding working for the House, I meant taking up the offer for employment you were asking about, but I presume as part of the Guardian Angels, that's not something you'd be interested in."

"And about the harness, I could probably arrange something right now, if you've got a couple of hours to spare. There should be no difficulty in finding an empty laboratory and we always have skilled artificers on hand."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Six of Six

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: Post-gladiatorial trauma   Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:13 pm

Quote :

"New warforged?" asks Jerim, with evident curiosity. "When did this happen?" [OOC: It was in the first week of Dravago, 5 months ago]

"As for the Lord of Blades and the Blades of Arakhain, yes - unfortunately they were killed during the attack on his forces. I believe they were actually the ones who slew him, losing some of their members in the battle, and the rest were killed by his followers. I've only heard about it, since I wasn't part of the expedition." He smiles. "I have no interest in visiting the Mournland."

"The Blades actually helped a great deal with the setting up of the offer to the warforged from the House, and were quite helpful to Baron Merrix in other ways too. They too were concerned about new warforged, and I'm actually the person they met when first coming here to the House. I put them in contact with the Baron. They were good people and their death is a pity."

"Regarding working for the House, I meant taking up the offer for employment you were asking about, but I presume as part of the Guardian Angels, that's not something you'd be interested in."

"And about the harness, I could probably arrange something right now, if you've got a couple of hours to spare. There should be no difficulty in finding an empty laboratory and we always have skilled artificers on hand."

Killed by followers, hmm do warforged come in small sizes, wninja.
anyway

I saw the warforged when I first came to Sharn five months ago. Since my comardes and I were pulled in other directions and being Sharn there were others to investigate I didn't pursue the event. To bad I can't speak to the Blades about what happened.

Now would be a fine time to check the harness. If this will take some time, please send a message to my comardes at (the house address).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Post-gladiatorial trauma   Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:38 am

Dave W wrote:
I saw the warforged when I first came to Sharn five months ago. Since my comardes and I were pulled in other directions and being Sharn there were others to investigate I didn't pursue the event. To bad I can't speak to the Blades about what happened.

"Five months ago? I don't have much of the details, since I only spoke to the Blades about it in passing, but I think that was around the time they saw what they thought were strange warforged too. I think only the Baron and a couple of his especially trusted advisors discussed those details with them."

OOC: Six is currently employing Fett, who was a member of the Blades all the way till their second visit to the Mournland, so he should know everything about what they saw/discovered earlier.

Quote :
Now would be a fine time to check the harness. If this will take some time, please send a message to my comardes at (the house address).

"Yes, the chances are that this will take a while." Jerim notes the address and gives Six a parchment to write a note on. Then he asks Six to follow him. Heading outside, he gives the note to an attendant to have delivered, and leads Six down a couple of levels, till he's four levels below the main entry level to the enclave.

Here, there are much fewer outsiders moving around, and far more of people who look like they are workers for the House. Jerim leads Six to a large laboratory and asks him to wait for a bit. He walks out, and returns about five minutes later with two men and a dwarf. "These gentlemen are experts in warforged physiology and components. They'll examine you and see what they come up with. I'll probably be upstairs in my office when you're done. Send me a message if you need anything. Don't worry - you're in as good hands as you could be in Khorvaire."

Jerim leaves and one of the men asks Six to hop up and lie down on a large table, which has been hollowed out to accomodate a figure of Six's dimensions and a little larger. While he does so, the other two men bring out some tools. While they are doing so, another three people enter, one half-elf and two warforged. They are wheeling a large covered cart, which they uncover to display even more tools, none of which Six has seen before.

"Lie back and relax," says the first man. "This won't hurt a bit."
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Post-gladiatorial trauma   Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:15 am

Admin wrote:

Jerim leaves and one of the men asks Six to hop up and lie down on a large table, which has been hollowed out to accomodate a figure of Six's dimensions and a little larger. While he does so, the other two men bring out some tools. While they are doing so, another three people enter, one half-elf and two warforged. They are wheeling a large covered cart, which they uncover to display even more tools, none of which Six has seen before.

"Lie back and relax," says the first man. "This won't hurt a bit."

Doing sense motive...

Who are you and what are you about to do? Have you seen anything as this before? What kind of usually componets have you encountered? What happen to them?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Post-gladiatorial trauma   Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:07 pm

Dave W wrote:
Doing sense motive...

Who are you and what are you about to do? Have you seen anything as this before? What kind of usually componets have you encountered? What happen to them?

OOC: Funny how the words "Lie back and relax. This won't hurt a bit," tend to always have the opposite effect Smile

IC: The man and all the others seem honest, and Six doesn't get any sense that they're about to try something underhanded.

At Six's question, the man who spoke first says, "I am Rowal. Jerim told us that the harness you're curious about is from Xen'drik and non-removable, so we're going to examine it first, and then, if you're fine with it, test it. We'll probably start with checking on magical auras and properties and go on to seeing how it's attached to you, if we have any ideas for removal, what effect it's having on you, if we can find something approximating to it that help us understand it, and so on."

He smiles and adds, "Lots of possibilities, you see."

"As for what components I've encountered, there are all kinds. Weapons, physical augmentations, information gathering devices - you name it. If we ever find a really unusual one we try to see if we can understand how it works and replicate it. That's all."

Rowal smiles again. "Don't worry - even if we haven't seen this one, we've seen lots of strange items. You'll be just fine. Any other questions?"
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Post-gladiatorial trauma   Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:43 pm

Quote :
OOC: Funny how the words "Lie back and relax. This won't hurt a bit," tend to always have the opposite effect Smile

OOC: RBDM is enough reason

Quote :

He smiles and adds, "Lots of possibilities, you see."

"As for what components I've encountered, there are all kinds. Weapons, physical augmentations, information gathering devices - you name it. If we ever find a really unusual one we try to see if we can understand how it works and replicate it. That's all."

Rowal smiles again. "Don't worry - even if we haven't seen this one, we've seen lots of strange items. You'll be just fine. Any other questions?"

Six considers bring in the rest of the group. The wrestling with perceptions, the possiblity of enemy creation, the general agony of interaction; nah I'll get more answers faster alone. Also if this goes wrong I won't have to deal with those little Talenta guys.

No. Lets get started.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post-gladiatorial trauma   

Back to top Go down

Post-gladiatorial trauma
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2