Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

After The Tain Gala

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: After The Tain Gala   Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:54 pm

Here's a list of things that happen between the Tain Gala (6th) and the last vist to the Burning Ring (9th) and the next couple of days afterwards:

* Flim Turen: Flim visits on 8 Sul, two days after the Tain Gala, to ask about what happened there. He says that he heard somebody went into the living areas without permission and some guests mentioned the Angels being asked to speak to the security there. He also brings a copy of the Sharn Inquisitive with him (see below).

* Article in Sharn Inquisitive: The Sharn Inquisitive has an article on the 8th on the Tain Gala, entitled “Break-In at Tain Gala!” It says that one or more members of the Guardian Angels broke into the living areas of Tain manor. While details are unclear, the SI believes that this may have something to do with the Angels, who have recently become Brelish citizens and are believed to have had dealings with the King’s Citadel, spying on Hass ir’Tain in order to curry favor with the Citadel. This is just more proof of the lengths to which the Citadel and the Brelish Crown in general is willing to go. While evidently quite powerful, adventurers like the Angels need careful watching. The article mentions Nameless, a "mage whom fellow-members at the Guild of Starlight and Shadow (itself a guild with somewhat shady elements) have described as very powerful and unstable, dabbling with dangerous secrets that nobody should", as threatening Haftak ir’Clarn, the editor, when he met them at the Gala.

* Invitation/Meeting with Hass: 2 days after the Tain Gala, the group gets a note from Hass ir’Tain asking them to meet with him in Ambassador Towers in 3 days time.

* Message from Hoas: Sends a message saying that he’s had a hard time trying to get individuals to be willing to fight them, so he thinks it would be a great sell for them to have a couple duel another two (not Nameless). Fight will be on 13th.

* Meeting with Balan: Balan also sends a message asking the group to visit him on the 11th. The message mentions that Silaena has preparations well under way and would like to meet them the same day.

* Bounty: Fett returns one day and says that the news in the Sharn underworld is that someone has put out a bounty on the Angels. The bounty is for 2500 galifars per individual, and 15000 for all five. He hasn't yet managed to find out who put out the bounty or if anyone has taken it up.

That's enough for now. Plus, of course, there are a number of things which are dependent on what you decide to do. Such as whether Gareth shows up to Lalia's door the next day asking for an answer, avoids her like the plague, or something in between. Or whether Six goes back to House Cannith. And so on.

Anyway, jump in and give me reactions to any of the above, and let me know if you have any questions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Nameless

Number of posts : 307

PostSubject: Re: After The Tain Gala   Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:24 pm

Nameless will start doing a series of "Contact Other Planes". There was something that could get him a +1 on his roll for that? He'll be trying to determine who's offering the bounty. Since Astral is the best he can do with no risk of insanity, he'll be using all the questions from one casting multiple ways to help eliminate errors and lies. Since Nameless has a 25 int and I don't can we leave the details up to him and concentrate on what information we're looking for.

He can burn 4 castings in a day.

1) Have we met the person who is offering the bounty.

If the answer is yes, we'll move on to the next stage.

2) Is it Haftak ir’Clarn

3) Is it one of the Boromar clan

If it is no, he'll ask

4) Is it someone related to the Burning Ring? (gladiatorial combats)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: After The Tain Gala   Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:18 pm

Nameless wrote:
Nameless will start doing a series of "Contact Other Planes". There was something that could get him a +1 on his roll for that?

I think so. Can't for the life of me recall what it was you used last time, however. Was it someone casting Good Hope off a scroll? I'm thinking not, since that's a Bard spell. Heroism and Prayer don't help with ability checks. Anyway, we'll just assume you used something or the other and handwave it.

Quote :
He'll be trying to determine who's offering the bounty. Since Astral is the best he can do with no risk of insanity, he'll be using all the questions from one casting multiple ways to help eliminate errors and lies. Since Nameless has a 25 int and I don't can we leave the details up to him and concentrate on what information we're looking for.

He can burn 4 castings in a day.

Sure.

I'm going to rule that if you ask the same question more than once to the same level of Plane contacted, the answer is always the same, but that doesn't cause a real problem for Nameless, since he's smart enough to think of ways to work around it.

Quote :
1) Have we met the person who is offering the bounty.

If the answer is yes, we'll move on to the next stage.

And the answer is "Yes."

Quote :
2) Is it Haftak ir’Clarn

"Don't know."

Quote :
3) Is it one of the Boromar clan

"Yes."

Quote :
If it is no, he'll ask

4) Is it someone related to the Burning Ring? (gladiatorial combats)

Since the answer to the Boromar question was "Yes," I presume Nameless' next questions will run through, "Is it Saidan Boromar?" "Is it Ilyra Boromar?", etc.

He starts off with a "Don't know" answer to each, but after some varying and checking via different questions, he's fairly sure the answer is a "Yes" to Saidan and a "No" to Ilyra.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: After The Tain Gala   Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:23 pm

From John via email:

Okay, we have three options as I see them at this point.

1) Go nuclear and wipe out the Boromar Estate, then flee Sharn
2) Wack a couple of the Boromar ops and warn them that if they don't back off we'll do more damage. I suspect this would be largely pointless, we've pissed them off enough that hitting them would only piss them off more.
3) Send a politely worded note telling them that we know what they are up to and if they don't back off we'll have to get nasty. This may actually work, especially if we send it to the daughter and phrase it correctly.

After hearing what you found out and Nameless’ list of possible responses, Fett offers his opinion. “I think you’re absolutely right about the second option. Saidan’s clearly pissed, otherwise he wouldn’t have put out a bounty, and if you take out some of their operations, that’ll just piss him off more.”

“As for the first one,” he chuckles and shakes his head, “You folks would probably be able to take the Boromar estate apart, but that would mean you’re done in Sharn forever, and effectively Breland. The kind of damage you’d be putting out, not to mention attacking the estate of a very wealthy and highly placed member of society, would make you not just outlaws but very high on the list of dangerous ones. If it wasn’t for Nameless’ teleports, I wouldn’t even bet much on you making it out of Sharn. You’ll have the Watch, the Blackened Book – which is only two districts away, remember? – and who knows what else on top of you soon enough. And if you need to start taking down Watch members to get out, do you really want to do that?”

“So the third option’s the best for you, in my opinion. But you do also have one more. I haven’t heard anything yet about someone having accepted the contract, and you do have a scary reputation, so that may make it a while before anyone accepts. I’ll know for sure nobody has yet, if I hear that the price has been increased. And if I can find out who’s accepted the contract, you could just go after them or try to set a trap of some kind. If you do that successfully, that’ll make it a lot harder to find someone willing to try and go after your group. So I’d say go with your third option and let me see what else I can dig out.”

He laughs and adds, “Unless you really want to blow stuff up, in which case, would you be nice and put the house in my name for when you’re not in the city?”
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: After The Tain Gala   Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:16 pm

After considering the Gang problem,possible actions by both sides Six will ask. Hey Nameless, Luna and Korm; is this growing wood fungus thing an aberation, graft or symbiote. Will it bring me benifit or bane? Is removing it better than keeping it? I'm asking you to use spell to help with these answers.

Six will go to Flamewind and the Wayfarers Guild to look for answers about the fungus. See if the Guild or any of the members know anything about it. Anyone run into ancient warforge?
Ask Flinn if the library has any entries on this thing. Since this is grafting on him ask about grafting objects as a seconadry objective.
Ask EB about atunement. See if there is any expert about atunement Six could talk to as this thing seems to grow and change with time. After some reports come back Six proably will try to blind activate with UMD.

Six: "As far as the Gang Goons. Lady and gentlemen The bounty looks like the pay of Halak and the slain twin as apposed to a serious effort to kill us. 15,000 is close to the resources in the drug den that clean our clock, which is less than the cost of an earth sled. It Saidon were serious he would spend an airship worth.
The offer might be apart of a larger scheme. Our appointment to fight each other might be incorportated in this. When is the raid by the Watch suppose to happen?"
Six briefy contemplates various plans to deal with the Boromar bounty, the arena, the anti-drug operation of the uncorruptable Watch Captain, and the Daask incursion. Nah. "Look I have places to go, people to see, things to do, please don't get us kick out of Sharn for at least a month. That includes Breland too."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After The Tain Gala   

Back to top Go down

After The Tain Gala
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shil's Eberron Game :: Back in Sharn-
Jump to: