Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Loot from Carosten Park massacre

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Loot from Carosten Park massacre   Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:27 am

Here's a list of all the magical and masterwork stuff you found:

4 Greatsword +1 (Warforged guards)
6 Cloak of Resistance +1 (1 for Warforged guard)
3 Cloak of Resistance +2 (Warforged guards)
Half-Plate +1
Pearl of Power - 1st (Korm)
9 small MW Talenta Boomerangs
3 small Talenta Tangat +1
Small Mithral Chain Shirt +1
3 small Studded Leather +1
Chain Shirt +2
2 Chain Shirt +1
Small Heavy Shield +1
2 wands of Lesser Sonic Orb - 20 charges each (Nameless)
2 Heward's Handy Haversacks
4 MW halberds

Let me know if there's anything specific you're interested in and I'll note it for your PC (as I have the pearl that Korm wanted). The rest I presume you sell and I'll give you a total on that once I know what you're keeping. I'll put up a separate thread shortly about the aftermath.

Last edited by on Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Nameless

Number of posts : 307

PostSubject: Re: Loot from Carosten Park massacre   Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:47 am

I think some of the stuff could be useful for the Warforged guards back at the house. Certainly the cloaks +2, possibly the swords (they should have magic weapons of some sort).

Anyone who doesn't already have a haversack should grab one. I think everyone should have one after this.

The armors I'm assuming should all be sold, unless Fett wants one?

Nameless will hold on to the wands for now. Alway good to have something to just pop away with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

Number of posts : 746

PostSubject: Re: Loot from Carosten Park massacre   Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:42 pm

Before we go giving the loot, lets make some things clear.

1) For the warforged guards they get paid money - a lot of money compared to other guards. These items should be on loan to them.

2) Fett - in game how long has he been working for us and how many items have we given him so far? As slow as in game has been I can't imagine more then a month, and probably less. The guy gets paid, free housing AND a ton of magic equipment? I believe we agreed every now and again.

We don't need to make these guys rich right off the bat. And I am not keen on "giving" standard guards magical items. They can borrow it, but not keep it.

Even then, I would want to loan it to those who have been in our employ for a bit and we know aren't going to run off with thousands of gold pieces worth of equipment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Loot from Carosten Park massacre   Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:50 pm

Posting on here from the other thread.

Shil, since you keep track of our figures can you let me know how short I am for getting a cloak of charisma +4. That would help me in many respects (even more once Gareth gets his full paladin abilities back).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Loot from Carosten Park massacre   Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:01 pm

Gareth wrote:

1) For the warforged guards they get paid money - a lot of money compared to other guards. These items should be on loan to them.

2) Fett - in game how long has he been working for us and how many items have we given him so far? As slow as in game has been I can't imagine more then a month, and probably less. The guy gets paid, free housing AND a ton of magic equipment? I believe we agreed every now and again.

We don't need to make these guys rich right off the bat. And I am not keen on "giving" standard guards magical items. They can borrow it, but not keep it.

Even then, I would want to loan it to those who have been in our employ for a bit and we know aren't going to run off with thousands of gold pieces worth of equipment.

Man, you are one greedy so-and-so. No wonder poor Gareth gets a bad rap. Fett, incidentally, hasn't actually got any magical items from you guys so far. And just remember, if you hadn't hired him, you probably wouldn't have heard of the bounty at all, and - though he didn't know they were planning to jump you - would very likely have been jumped by the boomerang-thrower and his cronies when you were unbuffed and unprepared.

Quote :
Shil, since you keep track of our figures can you let me know how short I am for getting a cloak of charisma +4. That would help me in many respects (even more once Gareth gets his full paladin abilities back).

Gareth's a long way short. You only had 3.5k in the bank, which dropped down to 2.5k since I presume everyone chipped in 1k for the reincarnation component for Nameless. If you sell the Cloak of Cha +2 you'll be up to 4.5k
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Loot from Carosten Park massacre   Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:15 pm

Admin wrote:

Man, you are one greedy so-and-so.
The words, yea FUCK OFF. Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nameless

PostSubject: Re: Loot from Carosten Park massacre   Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:20 pm

Gareth wrote:
... gets his full paladin abilities back).

Shouldn't that be "..gains for the first time paladin abilities.)"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nameless

PostSubject: Re: Loot from Carosten Park massacre   Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:26 pm

In all seriousness though, if Gareth is finally gaining paladin powers. I don't mind loaning him a larger share of the loot from this so he can get the +4 cloak.

Of course we'll charge him interest on it...

There's still the matter of his delusion that he's going to be getting a +6 cloak sometime in the next couple of years (real time not game), but we can deal with that later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Loot from Carosten Park massacre   Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:40 pm

Nameless wrote:
In all seriousness though, if Gareth is finally gaining paladin powers. I don't mind loaning him a larger share of the loot from this so he can get the +4 cloak.

Of course we'll charge him interest on it...

There's still the matter of his delusion that he's going to be getting a +6 cloak sometime in the next couple of years (real time not game), but we can deal with that later.

The delusion is Cloak of Charisma +6 with +10 Diplomacy Check bonus Very Happy

In two years we went from level 2 to 12....In two years I can see us going to level 20....and by level 20 I would assume a lot of us have +6 stat increasing items. Considering 760k is the recommended 20th level wealth value.

BTW, not including the silver flame bonus that we have, the 12th level recommended wealth is 88k, I have 82k worth of stuff. Try not to take that as a complaint about what gareth has.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Loot from Carosten Park massacre   Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:53 pm

Gareth wrote:
The delusion is Cloak of Charisma +6 with +10 Diplomacy Check bonus Very Happy

If you can afford to have a Cloak of Cha +6, you don't need a diplomacy bonus anymore. You can just pay people to consider you diplomatic Smile

Quote :
In two years we went from level 2 to 12....In two years I can see us going to level 20....and by level 20 I would assume a lot of us have +6 stat increasing items. Considering 760k is the recommended 20th level wealth value.

Nah! Progression slows down as you get higher in level. I'm shooting for 20th lvl when I eventually get tenure.

Quote :
BTW, not including the silver flame bonus that we have, the 12th level recommended wealth is 88k, I have 82k worth of stuff. Try not to take that as a complaint about what gareth has.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Let me rephrase that sentence: "Not including the bonuses that are worth more in combination than all the rest of my wealth, I have 82k worth of stuff."
Back to top Go down
Nameless

PostSubject: Re: Loot from Carosten Park massacre   Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:57 pm

Gareth wrote:
... with +10 Diplomacy Check bonus Very Happy

Gareth's circumstance penalties (Such as he's opened his mouth and is speaking) will far outweigh any bonuses you can scrape together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Loot from Carosten Park massacre   Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:01 pm

Nameless wrote:
Gareth wrote:
... with +10 Diplomacy Check bonus Very Happy

Gareth's circumstance penalties (Such as he's opened his mouth and is speaking) will far outweigh any bonuses you can scrape together.

Gareth's diplomacy is so high, he can stab someone in the face, then roll a natural 1 and still keep the person in friendly mood. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nameless

PostSubject: Re: Loot from Carosten Park massacre   Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:06 pm

Admin wrote:
Nah! Progression slows down as you get higher in level. I'm shooting for 20th lvl when I eventually get tenure.

I thought you said we were going to try leveling more rapidly? Have you changed your mind on that then?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Loot from Carosten Park massacre   Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:13 pm

Admin wrote:
Let me rephrase that sentence: "Not including the bonuses that are worth more in combination than all the rest of my wealth, I have 82k worth of stuff."

Other then the stat bonus thing we have, what else do we have that sets us above and beyond the rest of the dnd world?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Loot from Carosten Park massacre   Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:56 pm

Quote :
I thought you said we were going to try leveling more rapidly? Have you changed your mind on that then?

Actually, I'd said that I'd level you up a little more rapidly for a couple of levels and then go back to around the rate I was going at, and I have done the quicker leveling for a couple of levels.

Normally it took the PCs almost as many sessions to reach the next level as their current level was (i.e. 6 levels to go from 6th to 7th, 8 to go from 8th to 9th, etc). But I took them from 10th to 11th in 6 sessions and 11th to 12th in 5 sessions. Of course, it probably seems longer because we've been doing the biweekly thing more recently.

Anyway, I haven't decided yet how soon to have you guys hit 13th (you've only had 3 sessions at 12th so far), but I'll just play it by ear and have it happen when it feels right. And I'll probably slow things down a little after that. No promises, however, since a lot of my decisions will depend on what you guys are doing (not in the CR/EL area but in the campaign 'feel' area).
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Loot from Carosten Park massacre   Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:15 am

Gareth wrote:
Other then the stat bonus thing we have, what else do we have that sets us above and beyond the rest of the dnd world?

The stat/wealth thing is a big benefit, but besides it, a few are:

* High starting stats (between 4-10 pts higher on the pt buy scale than what the DMG defines as a high-powered campaign)

* The rule I use for hit pts

* The rule I use giving all classes higher skill pts

* Individual rules for each PC making them stronger than they would normally be. Some examples are Gareth getting Kizmet, which put him at close to twice the wealth of the other PCs or what's recommended; more beneficial wildshape rules for Luna; Nameless getting extra spells known for free and eventually all PHB spells of a level he can cast; Korm and Six getting their racial stat imbalance - since each has a net -2 to stats I didn't apply - removed, etc.

* An action point rule that was very significantly more beneficial than th standard action pt rule and now the swashbuckling cards

And, of course, there are a number of contextual issues and all the little things I do that don't count as mechanically stronger in a fight, such as not making you guys track healing items (considering the damage you guys take, that works out to thousands of gp) or letting PCs change feats and skills and even classes around, which makes them stronger in a more holistic way.
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: Loot from Carosten Park massacre   Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:15 pm

Gareth wrote:

Greed issues aside, I had proposed a house armory be built up of items minor to us but usefull in back up. The emploees could use the armory while in service to us.
As for betrayal, Fett is a changeling with free reign of the house, group secrects and an focus on spying. If stealing minor magic items is his way of backstabbing us, he is a very poor rogue. Although the scene of epiphany, about Fett by Gareth over cornflakes is funny. As for the warforged, were are they going to go?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Loot from Carosten Park massacre   Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:09 pm

Level 15 is when i am done with the Exorcist PrC and get the best ability. I am waiting for that, (though not holding my breath).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Loot from Carosten Park massacre   Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:39 pm

Everything is sold for 20k, so 4k for each PC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loot from Carosten Park massacre   

Back to top Go down

Loot from Carosten Park massacre
Page 1 of 1