Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

The Maple Syrupy Sweetness of Droaam

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: The Maple Syrupy Sweetness of Droaam   Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:05 pm

Having explained all that she can, Sora Teraza says, "Since you wish to visit Mordain, I suggest that you spend the remainder of the day and night here, and leave at dawn tomorrow. I shall arrange for your accomodation and you will not be bothered. In the morning, I will give you directions and hopefully obtain a map that will make travel easier for you. Travel in Droaam is more complicated and dangerous than in Breland, but I shall do what I can to make your journey easier."

She looks around at the Angels with her sightless orbs, seeming to consider something, and then smiles slowly. "It is a pleasure to have met you."

"Yes, it was a positive joy!" adds Sora Maenya, with a broad grin, the corpse-light from the skulls gleaming off her fangs.

Teraza throws her a disapproving glance, and continues, "Is there any other way in which I may help?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Nameless

Number of posts : 307

PostSubject: Re: The Maple Syrupy Sweetness of Droaam   Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:07 pm

Admin wrote:
Having explained all that she can, Sora Teraza says, "Since you wish to visit Mordain, I suggest that you spend the remainder of the day and night here, and leave at dawn tomorrow. I shall arrange for your accomodation and you will not be bothered. In the morning, I will give you directions and hopefully obtain a map that will make travel easier for you. Travel in Droaam is more complicated and dangerous than in Breland, but I shall do what I can to make your journey easier."

She looks around at the Angels with her sightless orbs, seeming to consider something, and then smiles slowly. "It is a pleasure to have met you."

"Yes, it was a positive joy!" adds Sora Maenya, with a broad grin, the corpse-light from the skulls gleaming off her fangs.

Teraza throws her a disapproving glance, and continues, "Is there any other way in which I may help?"

"I find myself curiously greatful that Sora Maenya is your sister and not a brother. "

"As far as aid goes, if you have a library I could peruse. I would be interested in seeing if it has any information relevant to my condition. While I'm sure that you've already checked the obvious sources you posess, another set of eyes is often useful and I do have a unique background that might provide insights."

"Aside from that... if you have the time I would like simply to hear what tales you care to tell. There are few who have seen as much as you have and fewer who have actually had the oportunity to listen to your tales outside of Droaam."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Maple Syrupy Sweetness of Droaam   Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:51 pm

Nameless wrote:
"I find myself curiously greatful that Sora Maenya is your sister and not a brother. "

Sora Maenya stares at Nameless for a moment and then throws back her head and laughs raucously. "Aaah - little mage, you are truly amusing! If you were really enemies of ours, I would have eaten you last."

Quote :
"As far as aid goes, if you have a library I could peruse. I would be interested in seeing if it has any information relevant to my condition. While I'm sure that you've already checked the obvious sources you posess, another set of eyes is often useful and I do have a unique background that might provide insights."

"So I gather," says Sora Teraza, with a slight smile. "Unfortunately, we have no library here. That is not something which interests Maenya much" (the annis grunts her agreement) "and I have some difficulty in that area, though I can read when I choose." She gestures at her blind white eyes. "Katra has a small collection, but less leisure, and nothing that relates to your condition. I believe she will be interested in speaking to you." Teraza turns to Maenya. "She should be back today, correct?"

"Yes," replies Maenya. "She's a little late." Then, at Nameless' next words...

Quote :
"Aside from that... if you have the time I would like simply to hear what tales you care to tell. There are few who have seen as much as you have and fewer who have actually had the oportunity to listen to your tales outside of Droaam."

...the annis rises smoothly to her feet. "If you're getting into storytelling, I'll be leaving now. Teraza, I'll leave some of my Guard outside, in case you need someone to call me - or anything else." She smiles around at the Angels, with just a tinge of hopeful anticipation. "Don't misbehave."

Teraza simply nods, and as Maenya strides across the chamber towards the doorway, replies to Nameless, "I have things to do soon, but I have some leisure now. And I am interested in you too. All of you. The events of our time seem to coalesce around you strangely, and I am interested to see how your futures develop."

"As for tales, I am not much of a storyteller. What would you like to know? If I had met you before you went to the Wastes I could have told you much of it, since I spent decades wandering them in search of knowledge, but I doubt you will want to be returning there any time soon."
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: The Maple Syrupy Sweetness of Droaam   Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:13 am

How did you avoid the coruption of the zone? How can magic be used to stop the sickness?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nameless

Number of posts : 307

PostSubject: Re: The Maple Syrupy Sweetness of Droaam   Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:22 pm

Admin wrote:
Sora Maenya stares at Nameless for a moment and then throws back her head and laughs raucously. "Aaah - little mage, you are truly amusing! If you were really enemies of ours, I would have eaten you last."

I will hold you to that. Though you might be better off eating Gareth last. I'm pretty sure anything that eats him will suffer mightly from indigestion.

Admin wrote:
"So I gather," says Sora Teraza, with a slight smile. "Unfortunately, we have no library here. That is not something which interests Maenya much" (the annis grunts her agreement) "and I have some difficulty in that area, though I can read when I choose." She gestures at her blind white eyes. "Katra has a small collection, but less leisure, and nothing that relates to your condition. I believe she will be interested in speaking to you."

Ah, disapointing. I had hope that you would have accumulated a more eclectic library given the oddities of your positions and the length of your lives. If you'd like, I could procure a larger variety of books for you from Sharn, but I suspect you can already obtain what you wish to get.

Admin wrote:
Teraza turns to Maenya. "She should be back today, correct?"

"Yes," replies Maenya. "She's a little late." Then, at Nameless' next words.

So, was that her that Gareth and I encountered after our little debacle with the Drug Den?

Admin wrote:
Teraza simply nods, and as Maenya strides across the chamber towards the doorway, replies to Nameless, "I have things to do soon, but I have some leisure now. And I am interested in you too. All of you. The events of our time seem to coalesce around you strangely, and I am interested to see how your futures develop."

I will be happy to fill you in on what you don't know already, where I can without violating other confidences. I suspect you already know more of our buisness than even most of our other close associates do.

Admin wrote:
"As for tales, I am not much of a storyteller. What would you like to know? If I had met you before you went to the Wastes I could have told you much of it, since I spent decades wandering them in search of knowledge, but I doubt you will want to be returning there any time soon."

I find it is often the little details that get lost in the sweep of history. The large things take care of leaving marks on their own.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Maple Syrupy Sweetness of Droaam   Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:26 am

Dave W wrote:
How did you avoid the coruption of the zone? How can magic be used to stop the sickness?

"I'm not sure magic can deal with it, though if one has enough powerful healing and protective magic, one can survive long enough for it to eventually fade. Which takes months, and maybe years, depending on the individual, I believe. As for how I avoided it ...."

Sora Teraza hesitates, but then her sister says, "You can tell them." She jerks a thumb at Nameless. "Genius here worked out what we are." Her sister's blind eyes stare at her for a moment, and Maenya shrugs and adds defensivley, "What? I used a horrid wilting on them and he figured it out. How was I supposed to know?"

Sora Teraza continues to stare for a couple of moments, and then turns back to Six. "As Nameless has evidently noted, we are what are called half-fiends. That makes us what the sages call outsiders, and all outsiders, to the best of my knowledge, are immune to the negative elements of the Taint of the Wastes, though they can carry its effects with them." She then addresses all of the Angels. "I suggest not sharing the information about our nature with anyone."

Nameless wrote:
I will hold you to that. Though you might be better off eating Gareth last. I'm pretty sure anything that eats him will suffer mightly from indigestion.

Sora Maenya looks at Gareth and licks her lips. "He does look like his head is a little large to digest easily."

Quote :
Ah, disapointing. I had hope that you would have accumulated a more eclectic library given the oddities of your positions and the length of your lives. If you'd like, I could procure a larger variety of books for you from Sharn, but I suspect you can already obtain what you wish to get.

"I appreciate the offer," says Teraza. "If I can ever think of anything, I will let you know." She smiles. "I hope we will be able to have a long and meaningful relationship."

Maenya snorts. "Damn! Get a room, you two!" Then she looks back to Gareth. "Would you like to?"

Quote :
So, was that her that Gareth and I encountered after our little debacle with the Drug Den?

"No. We have enough things to busy us here in Droaam without traveling elsewhere. I'm quite sure Katra will want to speak to you, if she returns before you leave."

Quote :
I will be happy to fill you in on what you don't know already, where I can without violating other confidences. I suspect you already know more of our buisness than even most of our other close associates do.

"Actually, no. My primary knowledge of you has been based on what my visions have shown - and admittedly I had a number of them during your experiences with the Key and the rakshasas - and what I have learned through Daask. I'm quite sure you have many things of interest to discuss that I have no knowledge of."

Quote :
I find it is often the little details that get lost in the sweep of history. The large things take care of leaving marks on their own.

"True. Of course, it is often the little details that make or break the large things. I have enough dealings with foreknowledge of the future to know that the broad strokes may be fated - though even that is open to debate - but it is the little details that ultimately decide what happens with the larger ones."

At this point, Maenya grunts, stands up and says, "I can see this'll take a while and I have work to do. Teraza, you sure you'll be fine with them?" Her sister frowns slightly as she looks up, and says, "Yes."

Maenya shrugs. "All right. Let me know if you need me for something. Something important, that is. I'll leave some of my guards outside the door," she says meaningfully, and then gazes around at the Angels. "It was interesting meeting you. Don't do anything stupid." She then turns and walks over to the door, opens it and leaves.

Teraza turns back to Nameless and the rest. For the better part of an hour, she continues to chat with the group about your experiences, and shares some of hers in the Demon Wastes. She seems genuinely curious about the Angels and gives the impression of quite enjoying the chance to talk with well-traveled people who have had interesting experiences. Her own stories are singular enough, including things like being mistaken (temporarily) by a band of Carrion Tribe barbarians as their hag patroness, having to battle a number of strange creatures, and seeing - but not entering - both Ashtakala, the last citadel of the Lords of Dust, and the Lair of the Keeper.

Finally, Teraza (apparently reluctantly) says, "I should leave you now, since I have some work as well. I will have you shown to your rooms. You will be safe here, though I suggest not wandering around. I also suggest leaving early tomorrow for Mordain's Hall. It is close to three hundred miles from here. I will try to find you adequate directions and a map. Is there anything else I can do for you?"
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: The Maple Syrupy Sweetness of Droaam   Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:41 pm

Admin wrote:

Sora Teraza continues to stare for a couple of moments, and then turns back to Six. "As Nameless has evidently noted, we are what are called half-fiends. That makes us what the sages call outsiders, and all outsiders, to the best of my knowledge, are immune to the negative elements of the Taint of the Wastes, though they can carry its effects with them." She then addresses all of the Angels. "I suggest not sharing the information about our nature with anyone."

So an essence of outsider spell or such should protect from the region. Also since the taint fades then travellers don't need to be killed just isolated until they are better. Would a weak link to another plane keep out the coruption?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Maple Syrupy Sweetness of Droaam   

Back to top Go down

The Maple Syrupy Sweetness of Droaam
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shil's Eberron Game :: Back in Sharn-
Jump to: