Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Loot & Treasure

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin


Number of posts : 1299
Localisation : RBDM with a heart of gold
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Loot & Treasure   Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:05 pm

I figured I'd put up a thread here for loot and related matters. So, to start things off, here's a list of what you get off the corpse of Arkhandus:

The Fist (MIC)
Full-Plate +1
MW Heavy Shield
Cloak of Resistance +2
Headband of Wis +2
Ring of Counterspells (Greater Dispel)
Bracers of Natural Armor +1
Shirt of the Leech (MIC)
Torc of Heroic Sacrifice (MIC)

The items labelled MIC are from the Magic Item Compendium, and here's a short description of each:

The Fist:
+1 Adamantine Spiked Gauntlet; 1/day (swift action), next attack before end of turn does +2d6 dmg, and target is stunned for 1 rd & knocked prone (DC 22 Fort negates). Cost: 7005 gp

Shirt of the Leech:
3/day, as immediate action, steal healing spell (4th lvl or below) cast in 30 ft; heals you & not intended target; need line of sight & effect. Cost: 8000 gp

Torc of Heroic Sacrifice:
1/day, take dmg dealt by one attack/effect to ally within 30 ft. Cost: 6000 gp
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Nameless



Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Loot & Treasure   Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:39 pm

Admin wrote:

The Fist
Shirt of the Leech (MIC)
Torc of Heroic Sacrifice (MIC)

Well I'd say Nameless needs the shirt more than anyone else. As him dying would be a very bad idea...

Luna is the obvious candidate for the Torc, since she's got by far the most HP.

I guess Six, Gareth and Korm can fight over the Fist.

The rest of the stuff with the exception of the Ring of Counterspells we can either sell or hang on to for our forthcoming hord of minions. Anyone not have a RoC?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis



Number of posts : 746
Age : 42
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Loot & Treasure   Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:33 am

Those are useful items:

Shirt - Useful for anyone who takes lots of damage. Chances are if Nameless is about to die this shirt won't save him. How often does Nameless take damage with respect to others? Also, Nameless will run into the problem of being within 30 feet of the caster - Nameless tends to try and stay far from the enemy, plus an enemy healer is probably trying to stay far from the group - so that would put nameless out of range a lot.

Ring of counterspell - Greater dispel - That would be useful for someone we should hold onto it

Torc - Yea Luna - she has the life to take that kind of pain

Adamantite Gauntlet - Would this give stealth penalties to Six?

I would be up for the shirt or gauntlet - though the shirt more
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luna



Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2006-09-21

PostSubject: Why should I be taking the hit for a bunch of 12th levels??   Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:16 am

Why should I be taking the hit for a bunch of 12th levels??
I wonder?
And as my "share" of magic as wel!!
UN-F-ING BELIEVABLE!
YOU SHOULD PAY ME TO WEAR THAT!
INDEED!!!

Make fun of Luna day and night... but then run and hide behind her skirts when the big monster comes!!

Luna is not your hit point shield! She is a gentle woodland spell caster... That's what a palidin is for!

Would the counterspell ring work for me?
It seems fun!

Only up to 4th level healing isn't that much... well, for the kinda fighting we usually get into.... I don't think Gareth would even notice... but might make a life/death to nameless.


Last edited by on Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nameless



Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Loot & Treasure   Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:33 am

Gareth wrote:
Those are useful items:

Shirt - Useful for anyone who takes lots of damage. Chances are if Nameless is about to die this shirt won't save him. How often does Nameless take damage with respect to others? Also, Nameless will run into the problem of being within 30 feet of the caster - Nameless tends to try and stay far from the enemy, plus an enemy healer is probably trying to stay far from the group - so that would put Nameless out of range a lot.

Nameless is completely incapable of healing himself. Which is not the case for Gareth. He has fewer HP than Gareth and a lower AC. Also it enables Nameless to be healed without him having to be next to the person healing, since they can cast it on someone within 30' of Nameless and he can then steal it.

Luna wrote:
Why should I be taking the hit for a bunch of 12th levels??
I wonder?

Because Luna is a masochist and doesn't want the world to blow up if Nameless dies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six



Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Loot & Treasure   Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:46 am

Can Luna use any of the items in tranmutted form? I forget the various tweeks to the rules enployed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luna



Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2006-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Loot & Treasure   Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:56 am

Look - you can't put that on me... YOU decided to have that amature reincarnate you... ( I hate to say " I told you so!" Well... that's not strictly true :-)

and who the heck knows what foul creatures you associated with and what ungodly crap you unleashed poking around in the purpleness of it all that lead this back to us!

So now it's Luna... wear this shirt of missle attractant so the arrows will hit you and not us... Luna... why don't you wear this bulls-eye so you'll draw the fire away from us!?

Ah... what's wrong with Korm and Gareth? Are they not 12th level too?

So now I can't spend the rest of my natural life being responsible for this nonsense!! If it's so dangerous... maybe you should turn yourself into the Gaurdian of the silver flame and let her keep you nice and safe!

And the point everyone is missing is that... we all gotta die sometime.... so... this way ...we will all go together. And no will have to get lonely.

Plus... I don't know if I even believe it's true.... It's pretty hard to wipe out a world... I don't even know that any of the gods could do it!
Flood it- sure. Burn it - sure-- destroy it---- nah!
These gods.... they talk a good game...
!

Luna wrote:
Why should I be taking the hit for a bunch of 12th levels??
I wonder?

Because Luna is a masochist and doesn't want the world to blow up if Nameless dies.[/quote]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nameless



Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Loot & Treasure   Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:00 am

Luna wrote:
Look - you can't put that on me... YOU decided to have that amature reincarnate you... ( I hate to say " I told you so!" Well... that's not strictly true :-)

and who the heck knows what foul creatures you associated with and what ungodly crap you unleashed poking around in the purpleness of it all that lead this back to us!

So now it's Luna... wear this shirt of missle attractant so the arrows will hit you and not us... Luna... why don't you wear this bulls-eye so you'll draw the fire away from us!?

Ah... what's wrong with Korm and Gareth? Are they not 12th level too?

So now I can't spend the rest of my natural life being responsible for this nonsense!! If it's so dangerous... maybe you should turn yourself into the Gaurdian of the silver flame and let her keep you nice and safe!

And the point everyone is missing is that... we all gotta die sometime.... so... this way ...we will all go together. And no will have to get lonely.

Plus... I don't know if I even believe it's true.... It's pretty hard to wipe out a world... I don't even know that any of the gods could do it!
Flood it- sure. Burn it - sure-- destroy it---- nah!
These gods.... they talk a good game...
!

Your whining has convinced me. We'll give the torc to someone with some courage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Number of posts : 1299
Localisation : RBDM with a heart of gold
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Loot & Treasure   Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:18 am

Gareth wrote:
Adamantite Gauntlet - Would this give stealth penalties to Six?

Nope.

Quote :
I would be up for the shirt or gauntlet - though the shirt more

The gauntlet wouldn't work for Gareth. Remeber, his right hand effectively IS a gauntlet.

Luna wrote:
Luna is not your hit point shield! She is a gentle woodland spell caster...

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Quote :
Would the counterspell ring work for me?
It seems fun!

Yeah, but you've got both your ring slots already taken, one with the Ring of Fly and one with the Ring of Dimension Door & See Invisibility.

Having slots free is something which'll be an issue for at least some of you, since y'all are wearing a bunch of items already. For example, Luna's already wearing a necklace of adaptation, which means she can't wear it as well as the Torc.

Dave W wrote:
Can Luna use any of the items in tranmutted form? I forget the various tweeks to the rules enployed.

I'm allowing her to use Rings and Amulets/Necklaces/etc. in transmuted form as long as the form chosen actually has a throat and limbs for the rings, so if she turns into a snake, for example, the rings meld and stop working.

Luna wrote:
Plus... I don't know if I even believe it's true.... It's pretty hard to wipe out a world... I don't even know that any of the gods could do it!
Flood it- sure. Burn it - sure-- destroy it---- nah!
These gods.... they talk a good game...!

Well, it's not so much having the world blow up as be overrun with stuff from the plane of madness. Which, of course, would mean lots more stuff for Luna to kill. And Mordain might be bullshitting/wrong about it anyway.

Want to kill Nameless and find out?

Nameless wrote:
Your whining has convinced me. We'll give the torc to someone with some courage.

[soup nazi] No! No more Quicken Licken for you!![/soup nazi]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Nameless



Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Loot & Treasure   Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:31 am

Remember folks the Ring of Counterspells can have any spell in it. It doesn't have to be "Greater Dispel" nor is there anything special about this ring, because it has a greater dispel in it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis



Number of posts : 746
Age : 42
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Loot & Treasure   Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:39 am

Nameless wrote:
Nameless is completely incapable of healing himself. Which is not the case for Gareth. He has fewer HP than Gareth and a lower AC. Also it enables Nameless to be healed without him having to be next to the person healing, since they can cast it on someone within 30' of Nameless and he can then steal it.

I think a better item for Nameless to invest in would be an item where he can heal himself in a pinch (maybe 1/day cocoon self or heal self). Whats nameless' ac with his typical buffs? Also, nameless has good escape spells and should not be within melee range... maybe get greater invis spell to help out... remember, not everyone can see invisible. The biggest detriment of this item is you have to be within 30' of the person casting the spell, you are a missle platform - you should be far far away from your targets which means also your allies who can heal - and we are probably talking Luna/Korm. This would be better for melee who are closer to the enemy healers. This item serves more then just healing the person wearing it, it serves to prevent someone from healing a friend. How great would it be when an enemy tries to heal their ally, and we steal it. Even if we are at full HP, the stealing would be great.

You know - we don't have to fight over this item. it's cheap enough. Lets sell the other items and buy more of these. Gareth would want one to not only get himself heals, but to prevent the enemy from healing.

Thanks,

Avi

Gareth has healing, and it is very poor healing - the amount of damage Gareth takes in a hit far exceeds his healing potential.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six



Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Loot & Treasure   Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:53 am

Luna should get the vest. It is more an offensive device than a curative. It stops the intended target from getting a healing spell, providing you are close enough. Luna finds herself in this position more so than any of us.

If Gareth can't use the gauntlet, he should get the torc. Please stop laughing.

If the gauntlet wouldn't interfere with the chain wielding, Six should get the gauntlet. Six could use the torc, but it would get less use than with Gareth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nameless



Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Loot & Treasure   Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:06 am

Dave W wrote:
If Gareth can't use the gauntlet, he should get the torc. Please stop laughing.

It would make sense for Gareth to have it, but I can't imagine him ever being willing to use it. Actually Six would be a good candidate since he's almost never seriously hurt and simply isn't the kind of target that the rest of us tend to be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis



Number of posts : 746
Age : 42
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Loot & Treasure   Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:13 am

Dave W wrote:
Luna should get the vest. It is more an offensive device than a curative. It stops the intended target from getting a healing spell, providing you are close enough. Luna finds herself in this position more so than any of us.

If Gareth can't use the gauntlet, he should get the torc. Please stop laughing.

If the gauntlet wouldn't interfere with the chain wielding, Six should get the gauntlet. Six could use the torc, but it would get less use than with Gareth.

Gareth can use gauntlets.

Gareth gets too into the thicket of fighting (yes he stands with luna since his ranged spells blow) to be a recipient of the torc. He gets hit, luna gets hit and Gareth dies.

As for the shirt, I think we should sell the undesired loot and buy whoever wants one a shirt. Melee people would use it well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six



Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Loot & Treasure   Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:02 pm

Luna should get the shirt. She keeps the group alive. The shirt's powers are sublte and mighty. It almost killed Korm except for the intervention of Luna.

Would the torc wearer take the damage, even if immune to it? Some items/spells are like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis



Number of posts : 746
Age : 42
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Loot & Treasure   Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:08 pm

Dave W wrote:
Luna should get the shirt. She keeps the group alive. The shirt's powers are sublte and mighty. It almost killed Korm except for the intervention of Luna.

The shirt is not a unique item - sell stuff get multiple shirts. Everyone who takes damage can benefit from it. Anyone who is typically close to a healer can benefit from it.

We all keep the group alive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luna



Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2006-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Loot & Treasure   Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:11 pm

I thought the torc thing was a vest/shirt/blouse??
What is a torc?

Vests all round! :-)
One for everyone!

PS: Shil has cleverly disquised the Torc as treasure... though... it's actually a cursed item. I say we give it a hired henchman! :-)


Last edited by on Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luna



Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2006-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Loot & Treasure   Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:17 pm

AH... very clever... hadn't thought of that!


Also it enables Nameless to be healed without him having to be next to the person healing, since they can cast it on someone within 30' of Nameless and he can then steal it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Number of posts : 1299
Localisation : RBDM with a heart of gold
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Loot & Treasure   Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:42 pm

Dave W wrote:
Luna should get the vest. It is more an offensive device than a curative. It stops the intended target from getting a healing spell, providing you are close enough. Luna finds herself in this position more so than any of us.

Unfortunately, the Vest will meld when Luna wildshapes, so she wouldn't be able to use it except in shifter form.

Quote :
If Gareth can't use the gauntlet, he should get the torc. Please stop laughing.


Must ... make ... Will ... save!

Quote :
If the gauntlet wouldn't interfere with the chain wielding, Six should get the gauntlet. Six could use the torc, but it would get less use than with Gareth.

It doesn't interfere with the chain wielding. It's effectively just another magical gauntlet, and Six can use gauntlets/gloves.

Gareth wrote:
Gareth can use gauntlets.

Yes, but the metal hand effectively incorporates a unique glove of storing for the Endless Blade. So he can't wear a magical gauntlet on it (or a normal gauntlet, for that matter, since it is built in the shape of a gauntleted hand).

Dave W wrote:
Would the torc wearer take the damage, even if immune to it? Some items/spells are like that.

Yes. When the damage is transferred it's just raw, untyped damage. So immunities, DR, SR or anything of the kind doesn't affect it.

Gareth wrote:
The shirt is not a unique item - sell stuff get multiple shirts. Everyone who takes damage can benefit from it. Anyone who is typically close to a healer can benefit from it.

That's an option. It's not unique but is an uncommon item, so the odds are that you'd have to commission it, which would mean some time for manufacture.

Luna wrote:
I thought the torc thing was a shirt??
What is a torc?

Dammit! That's what's wrong with the US education system - they don't teach you enough about medieval jewelry or other stuff! Next thing you'll be asking me what a Bohemian Earspoon is and then I'll have to hurt Luna.

A torc is a thick, usually metal, neckband.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Luna



Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2006-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Loot & Treasure   Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:49 pm

[quote="Admin"]
Dave W wrote:
Luna should get the vest. It is more an offensive device than a curative. It stops the intended target from getting a healing spell, providing you are close enough. Luna finds herself in this position more so than any of us.

Unfortunately, the Vest will meld when Luna wildshapes, so she wouldn't be able to use it except in shifter form.

===============================

But I very much appreiciate the thought! :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis



Number of posts : 746
Age : 42
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Loot & Treasure   Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:52 pm

Admin wrote:


Gareth wrote:
Gareth can use gauntlets.

Yes, but the metal hand effectively incorporates a unique glove of storing for the Endless Blade. So he can't wear a magical gauntlet on it (or a normal gauntlet, for that matter, since it is built in the shape of a gauntleted hand).

Dammit! That's what's wrong with the US education system - they don't teach you enough about medieval jewelry or other stuff! Next thing you'll be asking me what a Bohemian Earspoon is and then I'll have to hurt Luna.

A torc is a thick, usually metal, neckband.

I would have thought it was one hand gauntlet so useable.

The ear spoon is a circular, flat, concaved surface (like a spoon) that goes into the earlobe (where an earring would go) except they make it really big (like 3-6 inches in diameter).

Julia - Torc - think goth girl collar Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Number of posts : 1299
Localisation : RBDM with a heart of gold
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Loot & Treasure   Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:01 pm

Gareth wrote:
I would have thought it was one hand gauntlet so useable.

It is just one hand, but it's the right hand, and Gareth's special hand is his right hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Six of Six



Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Loot & Treasure   Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:49 pm

So its Gareth or Korm for the shirt. The other stuff can be sold or go to our lending library for the adventuring groups we sponsor. Also the torc maybe cursed. That would explain why Arkhandus jumped in front of the beam. It makes you act "heroicly" when it detects an opportunity.

As for the gauntlet. Gareth: He would get the off hand penalties, 1/2 str bonus for damage and a -2 to hit. This is different than the two weapon fighting penalties. This would be if it was part of a full attack. Also unless he has quick draw the other attacks on a full attack would have to be with a one handed weapon.
I will have to check my sheets to see if this "weapon" fits in with Six's abilities.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis



Number of posts : 746
Age : 42
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Loot & Treasure   Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:10 pm

Six of Six wrote:
So its Gareth or Korm for the shirt. The other stuff can be sold or go to our lending library for the adventuring groups we sponsor. Also the torc maybe cursed. That would explain why Arkhandus jumped in front of the beam. It makes you act "heroicly" when it detects an opportunity.

As for the gauntlet. Gareth: He would get the off hand penalties, 1/2 str bonus for damage and a -2 to hit. This is different than the two weapon fighting penalties. This would be if it was part of a full attack. Also unless he has quick draw the other attacks on a full attack would have to be with a one handed weapon.
I will have to check my sheets to see if this "weapon" fits in with Six's abilities.

Gareth won't be taking the gauntlet since it is right handed and Gareth's right hand is occupied.

I don't think fist weapons suffer half penalty since it is a fist weapon. I also don't think you have to attack with the gauntlet, more like you have to attack with any weapon. It would be good for Korm since he doesn't have a knockdown option. Six already has one (trip) which at our levels is probably way better then something that is DC 22 Fort save. Plus if it requires an attack from the gauntlet, that is melee, something Six avoids like the plague Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six



Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Loot & Treasure   Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:13 pm

Gareth wrote:
Six of Six wrote:
So its Gareth or Korm for the shirt. The other stuff can be sold or go to our lending library for the adventuring groups we sponsor. Also the torc maybe cursed. That would explain why Arkhandus jumped in front of the beam. It makes you act "heroicly" when it detects an opportunity.

As for the gauntlet. Gareth: He would get the off hand penalties, 1/2 str bonus for damage and a -2 to hit. This is different than the two weapon fighting penalties. This would be if it was part of a full attack. Also unless he has quick draw the other attacks on a full attack would have to be with a one handed weapon.
I will have to check my sheets to see if this "weapon" fits in with Six's abilities.

Gareth won't be taking the gauntlet since it is right handed and Gareth's right hand is occupied.

I don't think fist weapons suffer half penalty since it is a fist weapon. I also don't think you have to attack with the gauntlet, more like you have to attack with any weapon. It would be good for Korm since he doesn't have a knockdown option. Six already has one (trip) which at our levels is probably way better then something that is DC 22 Fort save. Plus if it requires an attack from the gauntlet, that is melee, something Six avoids like the plague Very Happy

Six is a melee fighter, he just dosen't stick around for the response. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Loot & Treasure   

Back to top Go down
 
Loot & Treasure
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Treasure map - collection 79
» Bearville Under the Sea: What You Need To Know
» Secret Adventure Items---Update!
» treasure map

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shil's Eberron Game :: Rules Forum-
Jump to: