Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Dude! Where's my portal?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Dude! Where's my portal?   Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:15 pm

After Six returns and the group extracts a remarkably healthy-looking Nameless from the portable hole, the alienist explains that the aura in his chest in gone.

While he is doing so, Fett finally makes a cautious appearance from his room. He shrugs apologetically and says, "I heard all the shouting and fighting, and figured it was better if I didn't get in the way. What happened?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Nameless

Number of posts : 307

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:59 pm

I assume Six will fill Nameless in on what happened, since the last thin presumably he remembers is slumping to the ground in his door.

"We need to check the location where she "killed" me. If the seed is planted presumably that would be the location."

OOC - Unless Nameless has some ideas that would indicate otherwise, perhaps something especially purple.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:22 pm

Nameless wrote:
I assume Six will fill Nameless in on what happened, since the last thin presumably he remembers is slumping to the ground in his door.

"We need to check the location where she "killed" me. If the seed is planted presumably that would be the location."

OOC - Unless Nameless has some ideas that would indicate otherwise, perhaps something especially purple.

Where she "killed" Nameless was in mid-air, but when Nameless checks it out, he detects nothing with his arcane sight. And nothing looks purple either.

OOC: What do you guys tell Fett? He doesn't know about the whole Xoriat portal angle.
Back to top Go down
Luna

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2006-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:00 am

poor fett.
i'm not sure he's up to the xoriat portal -- especially after the whole litch in the night thing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luna

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2006-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:01 am

PS
i love the names of these threads!! :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:13 pm

Luna wrote:
poor fett.
i'm not sure he's up to the xoriat portal -- especially after the whole litch in the night thing!

Probably not. So what are you guys telling him?
Back to top Go down
Leonis

Number of posts : 746

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:20 pm

"First things first - Nameless - Luna - can either of you contact the group of people who were trying to 'help' us? If so, we need to find out if they did this switch or was the portal actually opened. This is very important to know. If they switched then we handle it one way, if the portal was opened, then what I am about to say applies".

OOC: Below assuming the portal was opened

Gareth looks around, "We need to tell certain people what has happened, but we don't want to cause a mass public hysteria. Most of the population will not be able to help, but only get themselves hurt - and worse rioting, looting, pillaging".

Thinking for a moment, "I don't think aberrations will start pouring in instantaneously - but I don't think we have much time either.

"Our contact list should go from our current location and go out to maximize our time. We should start with the contacts in Sharn. I will go to both churches - and inform the Arc Heirophant I need to get an audience with Flamekeep; she is upset with me, but she will have to put that aside and I think she can - they are the most organized group available to combat these forces. I will contact Cedric - because we need a powerful ally with us. I will inform Lalia who can speak with the Deneith enclave - they can help keep the population in check and safe from weaker abberations. We also need to contact the Citadel - they have information - we should ask them to get us information about the Lich. She will attack again, we need to put her out before she can attack us in an inopportune time - I am not sure how many more times we can get lucky - and tonight we were not lucky - but at least we are all alive now.

"Korm - Luna you should notify your druidic circles. Nameless - you should notify Trillia and your mage circles plus whatever other contacts you have.

"From there we need to send out sending messages to our contacts in other realms - Karnath, Lhazaras principalties, etc. The highest ranking officials we know. If someone is not high enough, we bypass them

"Nameless can you find a way to contact the dragons? We have no relations with them - but we did help one of their kind before, we have drank of their blood - maybe they can sense that in us. We will need their help if Xoriat is upon us.

"Six - you had a plan for us to get groups to work for us, those of lesser power. We need to step this up. I am going to the newspaper, and without saying why I am making a call to all clerics and paladins. I will be putting them through extensive screenings, but we need to muster more support. These support units can help protect cities and towns, but can also go on missions that we do not have time to go to, especially because we have other larger and more dangerous missions that only we can go to."

"Does anyone have any other suggestions? I think this is a start."

OOC: Once the group discusses the plans, we should let Fett in the room. I also think we should let Fett know what is going on - he is our eyes and ears in many ways - but being associated with us he will get into deep trouble.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:30 pm

I'll let the others weigh in, esp. on whether to tell Fett or not (and anyone else) and then put up a response.

But this, I have to say I love:

Gareth wrote:
"but we did help one of their kind before, we have drank of their blood"
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:31 pm

Admin wrote:
I'll let the others weigh in, esp. on whether to tell Fett or not (and anyone else) and then put up a response.

But this, I have to say I love:

Gareth wrote:
"but we did help one of their kind before, we have drank of their blood"

LOL. Yea, but the group knows what i mean. Sides, thats what an insane diplomacy score is. I can say "Eat a dick" and if i roll well enough it comes out "Would you like to have a delicious, and wholesome hot dog?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:01 pm

Gareth wrote:
LOL. Yea, but the group knows what i mean. Sides, thats what an insane diplomacy score is. I can say "Eat a dick" and if i roll well enough it comes out "Would you like to have a delicious, and wholesome hot dog?"

Close, but Diplomacy doesn't make what you say easier to understand or change the content.

When the cop says, "Drop the gun and release the hostage or we shoot," and you then refuse and make a damn good Diplomacy check, he feels sorry for you. And then shoots you in the head.
Back to top Go down
Nameless

Number of posts : 307

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:31 pm

Before we do anything rash or cause alarms to start ringing. I am going to get some answers, there is a certain cost to what I am about to do, which is why I have not done it up until this point. But certainty of answers is what we need now. I suggest you prepare any information spells, in particular Commune with Nature. I'm uncertain if it can be used in Sharn, perhaps the park will provide a sufficently natural setting. If the seed has taken root, it will be powerfully unnatural and this should detect it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:49 pm

Nameless wrote:
Before we do anything rash or cause alarms to start ringing. I am going to get some answers, there is a certain cost to what I am about to do, which is why I have not done it up until this point. But certainty of answers is what we need now. I suggest you prepare any information spells, in particular Commune with Nature. I'm uncertain if it can be used in Sharn, perhaps the park will provide a sufficently natural setting. If the seed has taken root, it will be powerfully unnatural and this should detect it.

OOC: Commune with Nature wouldn't work in Sharn. It's all worked stone and a completely urban area. Even the parks are constructed areas. As for prepping spells, this is shortly after midnight, so you need to get a few more hours of sleep before getting new spells.

IC: While you are discussing what to do, there is a commotion. Fett, who has been waiting to be told what's going on, hurries off and returns shortly. "It's a bunch of Deneith guards here to check on the trouble. You guys need to come out and explain. I tried to, but they want to speak to you. Plus, I don't really know exactly what just went on." He grins. "Hint, hint."
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:34 pm

Admin wrote:

IC: While you are discussing what to do, there is a commotion. Fett, who has been waiting to be told what's going on, hurries off and returns shortly. "It's a bunch of Deneith guards here to check on the trouble. You guys need to come out and explain. I tried to, but they want to speak to you. Plus, I don't really know exactly what just went on." He grins. "Hint, hint."

Looking towards the group, "I think I should handle this. My ties to the Deneith enclave provide me some extra assistance when dealing with these people. Stay here" Gareth looks particularly at Luna.

OOC: Assuming the group is OK with that

Gareth walks outside to meet with the guards, "I am Garth Byron Deneith, Holy Paladin of the Silver Flame, how can I be of assistance"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:42 pm

Gareth wrote:
Looking towards the group, "I think I should handle this. My ties to the Deneith enclave provide me some extra assistance when dealing with these people. Stay here" Gareth looks particularly at Luna.

OOC: You know pissing her off means other people die, right?

Quote :
Gareth walks outside to meet with the guards, "I am Garth Byron Deneith, Holy Paladin of the Silver Flame, how can I be of assistance"

The guards - standing on the bridge leading to the house - consist of a dozen men wearing the insignia of the Deneith Blademark, led by a captain. Not too far away behind them are a few people, whom events outside the Gray House have attracted even at this time of night. A couple of the closest tower mansions have lights on and people watching from windows and balconies too.

The captain salutes and says, "I believe there was some kind of disturbance here, sir," looking meaningfully at the shattered remnants of the main door to the house. "Can you tell me exactly what happened? And do you need any assistance?"

OOC: Gareth and the others know that House Deneith has equal authority as the City Watch in Upper Tavick's Landing (where their home is) and Blademark have a special contingent there.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:52 pm

Admin wrote:

The captain salutes and says, "I believe there was some kind of disturbance here, sir," looking meaningfully at the shattered remnants of the main door to the house. "Can you tell me exactly what happened? And do you need any assistance?"

"Captain, please come inside, out here in public is not the best place to speak." Gareth motions for the captain to come into the foyer of the Gray House. OOC: Assuming he takes it

Gareth walks over to the bar to pour a drink "Would you like a drink? We do not need any assistance at this point, and believe the problem has been quelled for now. We were attacked by a group of the Emerald Claw. We killed all but one of them who managed to flee." Pausing for a moment to let the Captain absorb the news, "My sincere apologies to anyone who was disturbed"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:17 pm

The captain enters, along with his squad, but he leaves them in the foyer as he follows Gareth into the room with the bar. He refuses a drink, however, saying simply, "I'm on duty." Fett, who has followed, helps himself to one.

After Gareth explains, the captain says, "The Emerald Claw? That's unfortunate. I've heard about the history of this house and its connection with them. Could you please give me some details about the attack, who you killed and especially the person who fled." He looks a little apologetic. "I'll need to write a report when I return, so any details you give me make my life easier."
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:49 pm

Admin wrote:
The captain enters, along with his squad, but he leaves them in the foyer as he follows Gareth into the room with the bar. He refuses a drink, however, saying simply, "I'm on duty." Fett, who has followed, helps himself to one.

Looking at the Captain, "Suite yourself, but you may change your mind afterward"
Admin wrote:
After Gareth explains, the captain says, "The Emerald Claw? That's unfortunate. I've heard about the history of this house and its connection with them. Could you please give me some details about the attack, who you killed and especially the person who fled." He looks a little apologetic. "I'll need to write a report when I return, so any details you give me make my life easier."

"We were attacked by Emara the Red, a lich whose boyfriend died trying to kill one of our members, the Archmagus Nameless. She was followed by two of her clerics and a deathknight" (ooc: i may be getting some names wrong). Emara was able to flee, the rest died. They teleported into our home while sleeping and tried working their way up." Relaxing for a moment, "In a nutshell, this is what happened. Do you have any questions?"

OOC: If he does not and is about to leave.

"Would you do me a favor and please find for me Lalia de'Deneith. I need to speak with her, and it is urgent."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:33 am

Gareth wrote:
"We were attacked by Emara the Red, a lich whose boyfriend died trying to kill one of our members, the Archmagus Nameless. She was followed by two of her clerics and a deathknight" (ooc: i may be getting some names wrong). Emara was able to flee, the rest died. They teleported into our home while sleeping and tried working their way up." Relaxing for a moment, "In a nutshell, this is what happened. Do you have any questions?"

The captain looks a little surprised. He asks a couple of simple questions and then says, "That's all. Thank you."

Quote :
"Would you do me a favor and please find for me Lalia de'Deneith. I need to speak with her, and it is urgent."

This time, he smiles. "Too late. A messenger's already been dispatched to her. The Sentinel Marshal has standing orders at the enclave to be informed instantly if you have any trouble."

The captain and his squad take their leave. After they do, Fett asks some questions about what went on, having already got the gist of it from listening to Gareth.

Shortly afterwards, the two warforged guards come to speak to the group and ask to be excused from work the next day. One says, "We must take our slain colleagues to Smith, in the Cogs."

OOC: Smith is the warforged cleric of Onatar, god of artifice and crafting, whom Six had met when he went to the warforged inn in the Cogs.

Are you guys doing anything before going back to sleep?
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:44 pm

Admin wrote:
This time, he smiles. "Too late. A messenger's already been dispatched to her. The Sentinel Marshal has standing orders at the enclave to be informed instantly if you have any trouble."

A small smile creeps up on Gareth's face, "Thank you."
Admin wrote:
The captain and his squad take their leave. After they do, Fett asks some questions about what went on, having already got the gist of it from listening to Gareth.

Shortly afterwards, the two warforged guards come to speak to the group and ask to be excused from work the next day. One says, "We must take our slain colleagues to Smith, in the Cogs."

Nodding to the guards, "That is not a problem. Thank you for your services"
OOC: "I am sure you all have gained 5 lev els for tonights encounter" Wink

Gareth will head back to sleep unless the party is doing anything. He will inform, whoever is on guard, to let him know if Lalia stops by. Or the news reporter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:24 pm

Six will follow the warforged to see what they do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:28 pm

Six of Six wrote:
Six will follow the warforged to see what they do.

They'll stay till the morning, since they know most of you have that whole sleeping issue. Or does Six want them to take off now, and leave these sleeping, pooping, dreaming weirdos alone in a house with a busted door?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:35 pm

Gareth wrote:
Gareth will head back to sleep unless the party is doing anything. He will inform, whoever is on guard, to let him know if Lalia stops by. Or the news reporter.

About an hour after the attack occurred, Gareth is woken by a knocking on his door. It's Lalila, accompanied by one of the warforged guards. She's fully armed and armored, and slightly out of breath, as if she's been hurrying. "All right," she says without preamble, as he opens the door. "I heard that you got attacked by that lich you idiots were taunting. Is everyone all right? Oh ... and let me in."

After the group has had enough of a rest to recover spells, everyone rises and proceeds to do so. What next?

OOC: Since the Lalia angle will only really involve Gareth, I figured I'd give the rest of you the option to do something too. So for the rest of you, skip to the next morning.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:59 pm

Admin wrote:
Gareth wrote:

About an hour after the attack occurred, Gareth is woken by a knocking on his door. It's Lalila, accompanied by one of the warforged guards. She's fully armed and armored, and slightly out of breath, as if she's been hurrying. "All right," she says without preamble, as he opens the door. "I heard that you got attacked by that lich you idiots were taunting. Is everyone all right? Oh ... and let me in."

OOC: I laughed when i read this. And if you want we can take this to another thread, but i will post here for now.

Gareth stumbles out of bed and answers the door, dressed in his underwear, his metallic hand and nothing else. Stunned for a moment by Lalia's beauty, he nods to the guard "Thank you for your help, I'll speak with the Sentinal Marshal in private." Gareth motions for Lalia inside, and once the door closes he gives her a hug. "It's good to see you. Everyone is fine, sort of..." Gareth goes to put on a shirt, "Have a seat, please. We ran into a problem."

OOC: When Gareth calls his armor I envision it going on like in the movie Lost in Space http://imdb.com/title/tt0120738/trailers-screenplay-E10024-310 (time index 14-15
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:14 pm

Gareth wrote:
OOC: I laughed when i read this. And if you want we can take this to another thread, but i will post here for now.

Nah - we can handle it here.

Quote :
Gareth stumbles out of bed and answers the door, dressed in his underwear, his metallic hand and nothing else. Stunned for a moment by Lalia's beauty, he nods to the guard "Thank you for your help, I'll speak with the Sentinal Marshal in private." Gareth motions for Lalia inside, and once the door closes he gives her a hug. "It's good to see you. Everyone is fine, sort of..." Gareth goes to put on a shirt, "Have a seat, please. We ran into a problem."

Lalia steps in and hugs him back, muttering, "Yeah, yeah - I'm sure it's really good to see me after hanging out with Karrn princesses and all."

She drops into a seat and asks, "So what's the problem? The lich that got away?" Then Lalia pauses. "And what do you mean 'fine, sort of'?" She winces. "You're not going to tell me something screwy happened with Nameless again, are you?"
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:59 pm

Admin wrote:
Lalia steps in and hugs him back, muttering, "Yeah, yeah - I'm sure it's really good to see me after hanging out with Karrn princesses and all."

With a quizzical look on his face, "Your the forth person who mentioned the princess and me, I don't understand? I was guarding her and people are acting odd about it."

Admin wrote:
She drops into a seat and asks, "So what's the problem? The lich that got away?" Then Lalia pauses. "And what do you mean 'fine, sort of'?" She winces. "You're not going to tell me something screwy happened with Nameless again, are you?"

When Gareth hears Lalia mention Nameless, "Yea, well, about Nameless. He died..." Pausing for a second, "We think, we're not too sure."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   

Back to top Go down

Dude! Where's my portal?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next