Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Dude! Where's my portal?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:50 pm

Gareth wrote:
With a quizzical look on his face, "Your the forth person who mentioned the princess and me, I don't understand? I was guarding her and people are acting odd about it."

Lalia shakes her head and says, her tone a mixture of affection and exasperation, "Do you ever look at yourself in a mirror? Whether you're doing anything about it or not, the whole setup of 'hunky paladin guards young, nubile princess' has a lot of potential."

Quote :
When Gareth hears Lalia mention Nameless, "Yea, well, about Nameless. He died..." Pausing for a second, "We think, we're not too sure."

This time, all humor disappears from Lalia's tone and manner. "You're ... not sure ... if he died? What the hell does that mean? And what about that whole thing with the portal to Xoriat that you mentioned? Wasn't him dying supposed to trigger it or something?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Leonis

Number of posts : 746

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:27 pm

Admin wrote:
Lalia shakes her head and says, her tone a mixture of affection and exasperation, "Do you ever look at yourself in a mirror? Whether you're doing anything about it or not, the whole setup of 'hunky paladin guards young, nubile princess' has a lot of potential."

With a blanche look on his face Gareth walks to Lalia and putting both of his hands on her arms, "I didn't reali...Nothing happen..I was just guarding her. I swear to you." Gareth looks at Lalia with a worried look in his eyes.

Admin wrote:
This time, all humor disappears from Lalia's tone and manner. "You're ... not sure ... if he died? What the hell does that mean? And what about that whole thing with the portal to Xoriat that you mentioned? Wasn't him dying supposed to trigger it or something?"

Pausing, "We don't know what happened. Emara the Red almost killed him, at least we thought. We placed him in the portable hole, and when we went to get him out the aura of the portal was gone. Nameless also said he was sure he died. Now Nameless is going to prepare some mystical spells to see if the portals were released. Those spells are dangerous, and of themselves might kill him."

Stopping for a moment to let Lalia absorb what has happened "We can't let everyone know what is going on, only certain people - you are one of them, and the head of the Deneith enclave. If the general populace knew what may happen it would cause mass hysteria. The Deneith enclave can help with weaker aberrations if any appear in the city, or other spots - but you need to know what may come out." Speaking slowly, "And most importantly, I need to find a way to keep you safe."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nameless

Number of posts : 307

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:36 pm

Gareth wrote:
"We were attacked by Emara the Red, a lich whose boyfriend died trying to kill one of our members, the Archmagus Nameless. She was followed by two of her clerics and a deathknight" (ooc: i may be getting some names wrong). Emara was able to flee, the rest died. They teleported into our home while sleeping and tried working their way up." Relaxing for a moment, "In a nutshell, this is what happened. Do you have any questions?"

"I have an additional request Marshals. Please announce that I was in fact killed by the Lich. Hopefully, that should keep her from trying again, until we are ready to deal with her. It may prove useful in other respects to have people believing that I am dead."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:21 pm

Nameless wrote:
"I have an additional request Marshals. Please announce that I was in fact killed by the Lich. Hopefully, that should keep her from trying again, until we are ready to deal with her. It may prove useful in other respects to have people believing that I am dead."

The Captain looks a little uncomfortable. "I'm sorry, sir," he says, "But I can't make a decision on that matter. I have to report the facts to the enclave, but I can take your request to my superiors. But that shouldn't be a problem for you, since it's not as if House Deneith will be announcing anything about the attack. You have connections in the Korranberg Chronicle, right? Maybe they could do that for you?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:38 pm

Gareth wrote:
With a blanche look on his face Gareth walks to Lalia and putting both of his hands on her arms, "I didn't reali...Nothing happen..I was just guarding her. I swear to you." Gareth looks at Lalia with a worried look in his eyes.

Lalia takes Gareth's hand and gives it a squeeze. "Relax, Gareth. I trust you. Hells, you have a hard enough time making a move on me!"

Quote :
Pausing, "We don't know what happened. Emara the Red almost killed him, at least we thought. We placed him in the portable hole, and when we went to get him out the aura of the portal was gone. Nameless also said he was sure he died. Now Nameless is going to prepare some mystical spells to see if the portals were released. Those spells are dangerous, and of themselves might kill him."

Lalia looks first worried and then confused. "So he died and then got better? But that portal ... thingie is gone?" She stops and puts her head in her hands for a moment, before raising it again. "Sometimes - actually, often - I wonder how you guys get into all the trouble you do. Maybe I should have got House Deneith to lock you all up in a small room a long time ago!"

Quote :
Stopping for a moment to let Lalia absorb what has happened "We can't let everyone know what is going on, only certain people - you are one of them, and the head of the Deneith enclave. If the general populace knew what may happen it would cause mass hysteria. The Deneith enclave can help with weaker aberrations if any appear in the city, or other spots - but you need to know what may come out."

Lalia rubs her nose in thought. "Yeah, I can tell Lord Sadran about it, but I'm not guaranteeing that he'll buy it. He'll believe me if I say that you believe it, but that doesn't mean he'll think you're right. If you can give me more proof, now or later, that'll help."

Quote :
Speaking slowly, "And most importantly, I need to find a way to keep you safe."

The corners of Lalia's eyes crinkle as a smile spreads across her face. "You're sweet. Even if you won't put out." She chuckles, and though the laughter fades, there's a softness in her eyes. "Don't worry. I can look after myself, and House Deneith has more resources than you might think. And somehow it seems the danger you get yourself into is a lot worse than anything I ever have to deal with. Hells, the last time I almost got killed was when messing with Daask in the Cogs with you, remember?" She cocks her head. "You're going to end up neck deep in this situation, aren't you? What are you - and the others - planning?"
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:01 pm

[quote="Admin"]Lalia takes Gareth's hand and gives it a squeeze. "Relax, Gareth. I trust you. Hells, you have a hard enough time making a move on me!"

Gareth blinks a moment in confusion, and blushes, wishing he was wearing his helmet.

Admin wrote:
Lalia looks first worried and then confused. "So he died and then got better? But that portal ... thingie is gone?" She stops and puts her head in her hands for a moment, before raising it again. "Sometimes - actually, often - I wonder how you guys get into all the trouble you do. Maybe I should have got House Deneith to lock you all up in a small room a long time ago!"

Sighing, "We are not sure if he died, we are not sure right now. But I don't think it would have been good lock-up Nameless - that would have set the portal off in a two week period," Gareth pauses and then a thin smile appears on his face as he realizes Lalia was joking, "and Luna probably faster"

Admin wrote:
Lalia rubs her nose in thought. "Yeah, I can tell Lord Sadran about it, but I'm not guaranteeing that he'll buy it. He'll believe me if I say that you believe it, but that doesn't mean he'll think you're right. If you can give me more proof, now or later, that'll help."

"If Lord Sadran would like to speak with us I can make that happen, but I do not have any proof. The only evidence is available to people who were able to see the magical aura on Nameless before, and seeing that it is gone now. Any other proof would be a maddening horror appearing and causing havoc. He just needs to be prepared. I will jot a list of of basic things that is common to most types of aberrations - their common strengths and weaknesses."

Admin wrote:
Hells, the last time I almost got killed was when messing with Daask in the Cogs with you, remember?" She cocks her head. "You're going to end up neck deep in this situation, aren't you? What are you - and the others - planning?"

Blushing again, then Gareth's face turns to solid stone with no mirth or joy in his voice "The Cogs and Daask is an 8 year old thug compared to what we will encounter. You have never seen, and I pray to the Silver Flame you never will, the horrors that I have seen. Listen to me my love, these creatures are utter chaos. They cannot be reasoned with, bargained with; they feel no pity, no remorse, no fear - and they will absolutely not stop until all has been destroyed." Sighing, "I need to keep you safe, but I do not know how to do this when I must travel to unknown parts that are extremely dangerous. If you could only use some magic I would provide you with a scroll of recall." Running his hands through his hair, "Leave this place. Come stay at my parents home in Karnath - it is less populated and you will be safe there."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:46 am

Gareth wrote:
Gareth blinks a moment in confusion, and blushes, wishing he was wearing his helmet.

Lalia grins but adds no comment to Gareth's discomfiture.

Quote :
Sighing, "We are not sure if he died, we are not sure right now. But I don't think it would have been good lock-up Nameless - that would have set the portal off in a two week period," Gareth pauses and then a thin smile appears on his face as he realizes Lalia was joking, "and Luna probably faster"

Despite the severity of the situation, Lalia's smile widens. "Point taken."

Quote :
"If Lord Sadran would like to speak with us I can make that happen, but I do not have any proof. The only evidence is available to people who were able to see the magical aura on Nameless before, and seeing that it is gone now.

"True. Of course, seeing the aura would just prove that there was ... well, an aura. Not that it was actually a portal or something. Right?"

Quote :
Any other proof would be a maddening horror appearing and causing havoc. He just needs to be prepared. I will jot a list of of basic things that is common to most types of aberrations - their common strengths and weaknesses."

"That should help. The enclave here doesn't get to run into aberrations on a regular basis, naturally. Maybe a special job by the Blademark cleaning out an infestation in the Cogs, but it's very rare that we're called in for such a task. Tasra and I are probably the two who've seen the most in the pursuit of our duties, and even we've only seen or fought only a couple."

Quote :
Blushing again, then Gareth's face turns to solid stone with no mirth or joy in his voice "The Cogs and Daask is an 8 year old thug compared to what we will encounter. You have never seen, and I pray to the Silver Flame you never will, the horrors that I have seen. Listen to me my love, these creatures are utter chaos. They cannot be reasoned with, bargained with; they feel no pity, no remorse, no fear - and they will absolutely not stop until all has been destroyed." Sighing, "I need to keep you safe, but I do not know how to do this when I must travel to unknown parts that are extremely dangerous. If you could only use some magic I would provide you with a scroll of recall." Running his hands through his hair, "Leave this place. Come stay at my parents home in Karnath - it is less populated and you will be safe there."

Lalia listens with complete seriousness and then slowly smiles, albeit with little humor. "You really have a strange way of trying to get me to meet the folks, you know?" She quickly lifts a hand, to indicate she's joking, and continues, "But that's not an option. I can't just pick up and leave Sharn. This is my home, where I was born and raised, where my family and friends are. And I have responsibilities here. I've sworn oaths to serve House Deneith, to protect the people of Sharn, and beyond that to track down and bring criminals to justice wherever in Khorvaire they may go. You have your oaths to the Flame too. Would you turn your back on them just because a situation was dangerous and go off where it was safer? I think not. Neither can - or will - I."

She takes a deep breath and shrugs. "On the bright side, you're not really sure when, or even if, this is certain to happen, right? Maybe it won't be anything like what you fear. But even if it is, I've got to stay here. But I really, really appreciate the thought."

Lalia rises and says, her tone more casual and cheerful now, "But now I should leave, since I might be tempted to thank you for that sentiment, and," she grins, "That'll just lead to yelling and screaming. And you look like you could use some rest."

Once Gareth has said anything more he needs to, she gives him a strong hug and a long, passionate kiss. Eventually disengaging, she looks down and grins so broadly that the top of her head threatens to come off. "Oh, look - you can teach an old dog new tricks! I knew there was an advantage to you not wearing pants." Then she laughs, turns and heads out the door.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:54 am

Admin wrote:
"True. Of course, seeing the aura would just prove that there was ... well, an aura. Not that it was actually a portal or something. Right?"

Gareth nods his head in agreement, "Yes, you are quite right. To most it would just be a very very powerful aura, but that is all."

Admin wrote:
"That should help. The enclave here doesn't get to run into aberrations on a regular basis, naturally. Maybe a special job by the Blademark cleaning out an infestation in the Cogs, but it's very rare that we're called in for such a task. Tasra and I are probably the two who've seen the most in the pursuit of our duties, and even we've only seen or fought only a couple."

Gareth starts jotting down some information on a piece of parchment, "Here, there is not much too it. Be very careful of a creature called the chaos beast. Avoid coming into physical contact with any of these monsters, but especially that one."
Admin wrote:
You have your oaths to the Flame too. Would you turn your back on them just because a situation was dangerous and go off where it was safer? I think not. Neither can - or will - I."

When Lalia mentions oaths and promises, "I love you dearly Lalia - part of the reason is the level of commitment that you have, one that most paladins would be jealous of, but I think if there is anything that would ever cause me to break my oaths it would be you. Do not get hurt, make me that oath, because I don't know what I would do if you did get hurt."

Admin wrote:
She takes a deep breath and shrugs. "On the bright side, you're not really sure when, or even if, this is certain to happen, right? Maybe it won't be anything like what you fear. But even if it is, I've got to stay here. But I really, really appreciate the thought."

"We don't know what happened. We will know more in the morning and I will contact you as soon as we get this information."

Admin wrote:
Once Gareth has said anything more he needs to, she gives him a strong hug and a long, passionate kiss. Eventually disengaging, she looks down and grins so broadly that the top of her head threatens to come off. "Oh, look - you can teach an old dog new tricks! I knew there was an advantage to you not wearing pants." Then she laughs, turns and heads out the door.
Exclamation

Gareth's face immediately turns red, not knowing what to say before Lalia makes her exit. Gareth then proceeds to sleep, and wakes up the next morning preparing all the necessary spells for information gathering.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:41 am

Okay, moving on...

It's morning, everyone's up and apparently alive, and all the spellcasters have their spells. The warforged guards show up to inform you that they'll be heading down to the Cogs with their dead comrades.

Dave, is Six heading down there with them? And what's everyone doing, esp. Nameless, who I believe has some spellcasting planned?
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:04 pm

Six will go with them, disquised as a plain warforged. If a mind link spell is availible do that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:48 pm

Six of Six wrote:
Six will go with them, disquised as a plain warforged. If a mind link spell is availible do that.

Mind link between Six and the other PCs, right? That raises an interesting question - what happens if someone's telepathically linked with Nameless when he's making mental contact with a Great Old One?

I guess we'll find out Smile
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:53 pm

Admin wrote:
Six of Six wrote:

Mind link between Six and the other PCs, right? That raises an interesting question - what happens if someone's telepathically linked with Nameless when he's making mental contact with a Great Old One?

I guess we'll find out Smile

You know Shil is logging into the secret DM website and making a post "OK they are going to contact this being of pure madness, and are mind linked. /discuss"

Respond: Roofie, mind rape, any questions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:23 pm

Six will just go with the ring of mindshielding on, go with the warforged that is. Tell the early risers of the little junket.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nameless

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:31 pm

Admin wrote:
Okay, moving on...

It's morning, everyone's up and apparently alive, and all the spellcasters have their spells. The warforged guards show up to inform you that they'll be heading down to the Cogs with their dead comrades.

Dave, is Six heading down there with them? And what's everyone doing, esp. Nameless, who I believe has some spellcasting planned?

Limited wish to ensure success and then "Contact Other Plane" with the Eyeball.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:35 pm

Nameless wrote:

Gareth will hold the mop bucket to Nameless' ear for when his brain oozes out. Mind you the bucket is still dirty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nameless

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:58 pm

Gareth wrote:
Nameless wrote:

Gareth will hold the mop bucket to Nameless' ear for when his brain oozes out. Mind you the bucket is still dirty.

Oh, don't worry, the pressure from being in a confined space with Gareth's ego will prevent anything from leaking out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:05 pm

For Six...

Six departs with Block and 142, the two warforged. His company makes transportation of the two warforged corpses easier for them, since he puts them in the portable hole, so that they do not need to obtain aid and carry them openly. Six cannot disguise himself until he leaves Upper Tavick's Landing, since he has to pass through one of the checkpoints that House Deneith maintains at all entrances and exits to the ward. But once the three warforged have descended to Middle Tavick's, Six is able to disguise himself as he wishes.

The trio descend to the lower levels of Sharn and enter the Cogs, quickly blending in with the other warforged, whose numbers are highest here below the ground. Block leads the way to the Pool of Onatar's Tears, the magical pool of cool, crystal-blue water that sits untouched within a larger pool of blazing lava. Heading for the small building near the pool and the forge built next to it, Block knocks. The door is quickly opened by a warforged wearing a toolbelt and a leather apron, whom Six recognizes as Smith. "Ah, Block," says the priest of Onatar, "I have not seen you in a long time. Come in. How can I help you?"

...and the others:

While the others watch, Nameless casts his spell. Once he completes it, the alienist feels his consciousness expand, accompanied by the mildly narcotic pleasure that always accompanies his use of this spell. His vision darkens and then the chamber around him quickly fades, replaced by a dark gray expanse. In front of him hangs the glowing web pulsing with light, which represents the reservoir of cosmic knowledge that he is currently in contact with. The web is unusually bright this time, with literally every sections illuminated, since Nameless is attempting a supremely high degree of contact.

As always, there is a growing physical pressure inside his head, which disappears suddenly. And then comes the expected mental command - Ask.

Nameless waits for the irresistible force that transported him, the last time that he attempted this spell, into contact with Cyäegha. But nothing happens.

After a few seconds, the mental command repeats itself - Ask.

Realizing that the disappearance of the aura from his chest may mean that his link to Xoriat has changed, Nameless searches the area around him. And then he notices another thing that is different. A section of the dark gray space 'below' the gleaming web is shot through with tiny flickers of green and purple.

Nameless surmises that the aberrant area is a way to break through to Xoriat and Cyäegha by an exercise of will. But what the results of trying to do so now (without the aura in his chest) will be is something that he has no idea of.
Back to top Go down
Nameless

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:58 pm

Admin wrote:
Nameless surmises that the aberrant area is a way to break through to Xoriat and Cyäegha by an exercise of will. But what the results of trying to do so now (without the aura in his chest) will be is something that he has no idea of.

Exert his will to try and force the contact, try burning a SMVII as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:56 pm

Nameless wrote:

As he concentrates, Nameless' consciousness drifts forward and down, passing through the web of light and nearing the section of grayness that has drawn his attention. The purple and green flecks seem to increase in number and size, and then he runs into a solid obstruction. Or more precisely a glutinous one. It gives slightly at the impact but holds firm. Nameless concentrates and the barrier bends gradually, but it does not break. The alienist continues to focus, feeling a slow headache begin, and again the obstruction is stretched but still holds.

Finally, Nameless considers channeling prepared arcane energy in an attempt to break through. He casts his most powerful summoning spell. Instantly, he feels the invisible obstruction rupture and tear around him. The grayness dissolves into pure blackness and Nameless shoots forward into it. As the darkness surrounds him, giant tentacles appear, reaching out towards him. Everything goes black.

Then the darkness clears and Nameless finds himself back within the gigantic cavern, right in front of the giant eyeball of Cyäegha. The huge orb shifts slightly to focus on Nameless, though the alienist himself cannot see a physical form where he is. As before, the first sensation he feels is the wave of cosmic, but impersonal, evil. Then it passes and there is only the consciousness of Cyäegha bent to consider Nameless.

Behind the crushing weight of the Great Old One's gaze, Nameless detects a tinge of amusement and, overlying it, expectation. As before, a pounding sensation fills the alienist's head, which resolves into words. "You. Return. Hu-man. What. You. Desire. ?" Also, as before, Nameless feels his consciousness beginning to crumble. He doesn't have much time.

...far, far away, in the room where Gareth, Luna and Korm watch Nameless' form carefully, they see a drop of blood appear at each of his nostrils.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:10 pm

Admin wrote:
...far, far away, in the room where Gareth, Luna and Korm watch Nameless' form carefully, they see a drop of blood appear at each of his nostrils.

OOC: Gareth holds the bucket to Nameless' ear Very Happy

Looking around, Gareth whispers "Should I try healing him? I am not about to attempt any mental contact with him, though I am sure he would laugh if i attempted such a thing - probably dare me. He said this being he encountered was pure evil, maybe casting protection from evil may help Nameless. Especially if this thing tries to control his mind".

Unless the group says otherwise Gareth casts magic circle vs evil on himself, and steps close to Nameless gradually.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nameless

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:14 pm

Gareth wrote:
Admin wrote:

OOC: Gareth holds the bucket to Nameless' ear Very Happy

Looking around, Gareth whispers "Should I try healing him? I am not about to attempt any mental contact with him, though I am sure he would laugh if i attempted such a thing - probably dare me. He said this being he encountered was pure evil, maybe casting protection from evil may help Nameless. Especially if this thing tries to control his mind".

Unless the group says otherwise Gareth casts magic circle vs evil on himself, and steps close to Nameless gradually.

Nameless never called them pure evil, you did. They are beyond such petty concepts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nameless

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:17 am

Admin wrote:
Nameless wrote:

As he concentrates, Nameless' consciousness drifts forward and down, passing through the web of light and nearing the section of grayness that has drawn his attention. The purple and green flecks seem to increase in number and size, and then he runs into a solid obstruction. Or more precisely a glutinous one. It gives slightly at the impact but holds firm. Nameless concentrates and the barrier bends gradually, but it does not break. The alienist continues to focus, feeling a slow headache begin, and again the obstruction is stretched but still holds.

Finally, Nameless considers channeling prepared arcane energy in an attempt to break through. He casts his most powerful summoning spell. Instantly, he feels the invisible obstruction rupture and tear around him. The grayness dissolves into pure blackness and Nameless shoots forward into it. As the darkness surrounds him, giant tentacles appear, reaching out towards him. Everything goes black.

Then the darkness clears and Nameless finds himself back within the gigantic cavern, right in front of the giant eyeball of Cyäegha. The huge orb shifts slightly to focus on Nameless, though the alienist himself cannot see a physical form where he is. As before, the first sensation he feels is the wave of cosmic, but impersonal, evil. Then it passes and there is only the consciousness of Cyäegha bent to consider Nameless.

Behind the crushing weight of the Great Old One's gaze, Nameless detects a tinge of amusement and, overlying it, expectation. As before, a pounding sensation fills the alienist's head, which resolves into words. "You. Return. Hu-man. What. You. Desire. ?" Also, as before, Nameless feels his consciousness beginning to crumble. He doesn't have much time.

"I have a bargain to offer you. There are few with the will and the strength to be able to survive your presence long enough to make such an offer, fewer still who can reach out to Xoriat. I need information and power of which you have an unlimited amount. In exchange I offer you, what you don't have and can't possess on your own.

Limitations.

You are "All-Seeing", but that is the same in many respects as seeing nothing, as you found earlier when you were unaware of my presence. It takes limitations to give vision meaning. When my natural life span has passed, you will subsume me and my limitations will then give your vision meaning."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:50 am

Nameless wrote:
Nameless never called them pure evil, you did. They are beyond such petty concepts.

Well maybe Nameless never called them as such, but they are not beyond such petty concepts. Remember, Shil said "As before, the first sensation he feels is the wave of cosmic, but impersonal, evil." Just because these are pseudonatural, and they are extremely powerful does not mean they are beyond alignment - which I think is kind of impossible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:54 am

Nameless wrote:
"I have a bargain to offer you. There are few with the will and the strength to be able to survive your presence long enough to make such an offer, fewer still who can reach out to Xoriat. I need information and power of which you have an unlimited amount. In exchange I offer you, what you don't have and can't possess on your own.

Limitations.

You are "All-Seeing", but that is the same in many respects as seeing nothing, as you found earlier when you were unaware of my presence. It takes limitations to give vision meaning. When my natural life span has passed, you will subsume me and my limitations will then give your vision meaning."

Cyäegha doesn't respond for a few seconds, and Nameless has the inordinate pleasure of realizing that he has just managed to momentarily stump a Great Old One. Being in Cyäegha's presence makes it easy to pick up its - for lack of a better word - emotions due to the sheer force it exerts, and right now it is clearly attempting to understand a concept that is significantly alien to it.

Finally, it again focuses on Nameless, and he again finds his consciousness beginning to bend under the weight. "Why. Limitations.? Need. No. Limitations. Need. Nothing." There is another surge of amusement tinged with cruelty. "You. Here. Now. Can. Absorb. Now." A giant tentacle rises languidly from the forest of them that stretch below the gigantic orb and reaches up towards Nameless.

The tentacle momentarily fills the alienist's vision as it passes through him, and there is an intensely draining feeling. But then the tentacle and the feeling are gone, though the weakness remains. And Cyäegha's gaze. Which is touched for a moment by curiosity and then amusement, similar to that felt by a child seeing an ant perform an unexpected trick. "Not. Fully. Here. Now. Rare. Interesting." There is a pause, and Nameless gets the sense that Cyäegha is attempting something that it very rarely - or never - does. "Listen. Will. I. What. Want. You?"

Gareth wrote:

Gareth moves closer until Nameless is within the magical circle of protection, but there is no visible effect. Other than that more drops of blood are beginning to appear from the alienist's nostrils.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:55 am

Admin wrote:
Gareth moves closer until Nameless is within the magical circle of protection, but there is no visible effect. Other than that more drops of blood are beginning to appear from the alienist's nostrils.

Gareth lays hands on Nameless healing him in small increments. OOC: 5 points each time blood starts to trickle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   

Back to top Go down

Dude! Where's my portal?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next