Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Dude! Where's my portal?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Leonis

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:17 am

Admin wrote:
Flim's eyes get big at the news and he starts scribbling furiously, before stopping at the question. "Umm, sure - but you can't expect me to not mention that he was killed. I'm sorry about it, but that's big news. But can you guys try to bring him back? And what's the off-the-record thing?"

Looking Flim squarely, "Before I go on, off the record means off the record. If there is information you think you are not able to not print then I will not go further, and our relationship will have to end."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:47 am

Gareth wrote:
Looking Flim squarely, "Before I go on, off the record means off the record. If there is information you think you are not able to not print then I will not go further, and our relationship will have to end."

Flim grins. "Relationship will have to end? What are you getting so serious about? Remember, you guys also get some serious cachet out of how much coverage the Chronicle gives you. And it's a newspaper. An attack in the middle of the night in Upper Tavick's will get covered, whether it's you guys or anyone else, and if I don't cover it someone else will. And he'll get a good deal of info even if you don't talk to him. So you're much better off talking to me and having me keep as much as I can out of the paper. Remember, I've done that before for you. In short, the attack will be covered, whether you want it to be or not. But some of the details I can leave out. Is that fair enough?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:12 am

Admin wrote:
Flim grins. "Relationship will have to end? What are you getting so serious about? Remember, you guys also get some serious cachet out of how much coverage the Chronicle gives you. And it's a newspaper. An attack in the middle of the night in Upper Tavick's will get covered, whether it's you guys or anyone else, and if I don't cover it someone else will. And he'll get a good deal of info even if you don't talk to him. So you're much better off talking to me and having me keep as much as I can out of the paper. Remember, I've done that before for you. In short, the attack will be covered, whether you want it to be or not. But some of the details I can leave out. Is that fair enough?"

"The topic at hand is extremely serious, and I was not saying the first part of the conversation should remain off-the-record. If I wanted that off-the-record I would not have mentioned anything. It is the next part - after Nameless died that needs to remain totally off-the-record. Let me know if you can agree to that before I tell you more."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:34 am

Gareth wrote:
"The topic at hand is extremely serious, and I was not saying the first part of the conversation should remain off-the-record. If I wanted that off-the-record I would not have mentioned anything. It is the next part - after Nameless died that needs to remain totally off-the-record. Let me know if you can agree to that before I tell you more."

"Sure. That should be possible."
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:40 am

Admin wrote:
"Sure. That should be possible."

Thinking for a moment, "I hate to be a lawyer about this. But I need a definitive answer. Will you keep what I am about to say off the record, or will you not?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:48 am

Gareth wrote:
Thinking for a moment, "I hate to be a lawyer about this. But I need a definitive answer. Will you keep what I am about to say off the record, or will you not?"

Flim rolls his eyes. "Hating it sure isn't stopping you. And yes, I'll keep what you tell me now off the record. Sheesh!"
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:56 am

Admin wrote:

Flim rolls his eyes. "Hating it sure isn't stopping you. And yes, I'll keep what you tell me now off the record. Sheesh!"

Ignoring Flim's eye rolling, "Nameless is not dead. As far as the world is concerned, he needs to remain dead. I am telling you this because I want to keep an honest relationship with you. Emara wanted revenge against Nameless, and we need to kill her. She will try again if she thinks Nameless is alive - so the world has to think he is dead."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:58 am

Gareth wrote:
Ignoring Flim's eye rolling, "Nameless is not dead. As far as the world is concerned, he needs to remain dead. I am telling you this because I want to keep an honest relationship with you. Emara wanted revenge against Nameless, and we need to kill her. She will try again if she thinks Nameless is alive - so the world has to think he is dead."

"Huh? So you just lied to me about him having died?"
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:59 am

Admin wrote:
"Huh? So you just lied to me about him having died?"

Raising an eyebrow to Flim, "No. Nameless did die. He is not dead now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:36 pm

Gareth wrote:
Raising an eyebrow to Flim, "No. Nameless did die. He is not dead now."

"Oh, okay. So you raised him? Or reincarnated, I guess, with Korm and Luna around?" Flim scratches his nose in thought. "Yeah, I could leave that out and say you informed me that Nameless was slain in the attack. When he shows up again eventually, you can always say you raised him then, or whatever you want."

"So was that what you didn't want mentioned? Or is there something else?"
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:29 pm

Admin wrote:

"Oh, okay. So you raised him? Or reincarnated, I guess, with Korm and Luna around?" Flim scratches his nose in thought. "Yeah, I could leave that out and say you informed me that Nameless was slain in the attack. When he shows up again eventually, you can always say you raised him then, or whatever you want."

"So was that what you didn't want mentioned? Or is there something else?"

"Yea do not mention he is alive. After that we are here."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:59 pm

Gareth wrote:
"Yea do not mention he is alive. After that we are here."

"Okay, I won't mention it. So what are you guys planning to do next? Go after this Emrena?"
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:01 pm

Admin wrote:
"Okay, I won't mention it. So what are you guys planning to do next? Go after this Emrena?"

"Off-the-record, she's dead meat. On-the-record, we have a job to do for a group that wishes to remain anonymous",
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:23 pm

Gareth wrote:
"Off-the-record, she's dead meat. On-the-record, we have a job to do for a group that wishes to remain anonymous",

"All right." Flim makes a note and then says, "If that's all, I'll be off then. Best of luck."
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:25 pm

Admin wrote:

"All right." Flim makes a note and then says, "If that's all, I'll be off then. Best of luck."

Before Flim leaves, "Ah, actually, one more thing. I need to make a call to all good clerics and paladins for service. Would you be able to do that for me?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:32 pm

Gareth wrote:
Before Flim leaves, "Ah, actually, one more thing. I need to make a call to all good clerics and paladins for service. Would you be able to do that for me?"

"Umm ... what? You want to hire a bunch of people? Sure, we can handle that. Normally we'd charge for advertising, but for you guys, it's free."
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:34 pm

Admin wrote:
"Umm ... what? You want to hire a bunch of people? Sure, we can handle that. Normally we'd charge for advertising, but for you guys, it's free."

"Hm, not quite hiring them no. More like giving them an opportunity to grow. We have many tasks on our plate, things that we do not have time to handle due to larger issues. We are trying to recruit groups and provide them with these jobs. I am looking to ensure these groups have the best possible influence, hence a call to all good clerics and paladins. We will be sending these younger groups on missions we do not have the time to handle, but are still important."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:44 pm

Gareth wrote:
"Hm, not quite hiring them no. More like giving them an opportunity to grow. We have many tasks on our plate, things that we do not have time to handle due to larger issues. We are trying to recruit groups and provide them with these jobs. I am looking to ensure these groups have the best possible influence, hence a call to all good clerics and paladins. We will be sending these younger groups on missions we do not have the time to handle, but are still important."

Flim chuckles. "If you're talking adventurers, you'd better tell them you're hiring. But at least you've got a decent rep. That should help. You might want to check at the Clifftop Adventuring Guild too. After all, you're technically members there still, last I checked."

"Anyway, what do you want to put in the advertisement?"
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:48 pm

Admin wrote:
Flim chuckles. "If you're talking adventurers, you'd better tell them you're hiring. But at least you've got a decent rep. That should help. You might want to check at the Clifftop Adventuring Guild too. After all, you're technically members there still, last I checked."

"Anyway, what do you want to put in the advertisement?"

"'Calling qualified adventurers of good moral character to perform tasks for the Guardian Angels.' The difference between us and the adventurers guild is that we are not charging fees, expecting cuts, etc. We may require the adventurer to turn over a certain item if it has some special significance to a greater quest - but no we are not asking adventurers to give us their treasure. We just need qualified people to do things we do not have time to."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:54 pm

Gareth wrote:
"'Calling qualified adventurers of good moral character to perform tasks for the Guardian Angels.' The difference between us and the adventurers guild is that we are not charging fees, expecting cuts, etc. We may require the adventurer to turn over a certain item if it has some special significance to a greater quest - but no we are not asking adventurers to give us their treasure. We just need qualified people to do things we do not have time to."

"No," Flim clarifies, "What I meant was talking to the Adventurers Guild to see if people there were interested in doing some of this work that you want. At least the Clifftop folk are pretty reliable, unlike the Deathsgate Guild."

"As for the advertisement, you should add something about where they should contact you. You can't use this house, since most adventurer-types won't be allowed into this area. The Deneith guards will stop them well before they get anywhere close."
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:06 pm

Admin wrote:
"No," Flim clarifies, "What I meant was talking to the Adventurers Guild to see if people there were interested in doing some of this work that you want. At least the Clifftop folk are pretty reliable, unlike the Deathsgate Guild."

"As for the advertisement, you should add something about where they should contact you. You can't use this house, since most adventurer-types won't be allowed into this area. The Deneith guards will stop them well before they get anywhere close."

"Ahh. That's a good point. Well, as a first test, they will have to figure out how to get us word they are interested. If an adventurer can't manage to get a message to us then I really don't want them working for us."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:17 pm

Gareth wrote:
"Ahh. That's a good point. Well, as a first test, they will have to figure out how to get us word they are interested. If an adventurer can't manage to get a message to us then I really don't want them working for us."

"Okay. I'll just mention Sharn then and leave it at that. We should be able to get it in the next edition. Is there anything else?" If not, Flim takes his leave.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:24 pm

Admin wrote:
"Okay. I'll just mention Sharn then and leave it at that. We should be able to get it in the next edition. Is there anything else?" If not, Flim takes his leave.

"No, thank you. Have a good day." After Flim leaves Gareth heads downstairs, "Ok Nameless, the easy part was done - the world thinks you're dead. Now it's up to you to stay that way."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:40 pm

Gareth wrote:
"No, thank you. Have a good day." After Flim leaves Gareth heads downstairs, "Ok Nameless, the easy part was done - the world thinks you're dead. Now it's up to you to stay that way."

The greatest trick the alienist ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist?

So, what's next on the agenda? Who are you guys planning to speak to first and/or travel to? The only real thing you definitely had on the table before the attack was that you were supposed to speak to Gurr'khan, contact Saala Torrn in the Shadow Marches and then meet her. Of course, at that time Nameless hadn't dropped his portal somewhere. But the Gatekeepers will definitely be interested. And talking to the Archierophant will be a joy like no other.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:54 pm

Admin wrote:
So, what's next on the agenda? Who are you guys planning to speak to first and/or travel to?

Gareth is going to speak with Lalia to let her know whats up. Then he is going to speak with Cedric to try and recruit him. Then he is going to put a sending out to his parents to warn them. And then he is going to the arc heirophant to let her know he will be speaking with the Speaker of the Flame - and yea inform her why. We can RP that last one cause I know the shittith will hittith the fannith - and while Gareth may not find that amusing, it makes me laugh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dude! Where's my portal?   

Back to top Go down

Dude! Where's my portal?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next