Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Here Be Dragons

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Luna

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2006-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Here Be Dragons   Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:32 pm

Well, that is all we came seeking - the knowledge of how to make the seals...
but we hadn't thought that any of the other stuff was to be had.

If we had powerful allies such as yourselves to fight with us would be so super awesome!!!

And now that you mention it... treasure is always good if it can be got!
It's all very nice saving the world and stuff... but in the end... you still have to earn a living! And soon I'll have kids to support!

OOC: Is that dragon blood still helping us against aberations now?
I mean... does it actually affect any of our die rolls and stuff?

Wow - the quori huh?
So how did that dragon marked house come to be the makers?
Do you think the warforged would make a good sea-faring free nation?
'Cause I really do.

Oh... and how come Shifters can't have a nice dragon mark too and fly airships? Can anything be done about that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Here Be Dragons   Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:51 pm

OOC: When Bruntutalephion laughed what kind of breath weapon leaked out. How many sylables in Bruntutalephion, Brun-tu-tale-phion or Brun-tu-ta-le-phion?
Hee hee, a dragon with fighter levels is doing dragon style kung-fu.

Six thoughts: So the quori were instrumental in making the warforged, why, how. Speculation, if the quori gave the giants the warforged so the quroi could use the warforged against the giants. I need to find out what happen back then.

Aloud: All the thing you have mention are quite attractive. Our major consern is to find ways of dealing with the coming daelkyr lords' so anything in that requards is appriecated.
I am looking for the true history of my kind. A point of confusion is the major events involving dragons have blended together, someone who could straighten out the stories would be helpful. Are the titans you spoke of the giants or someone else?
Ulitmately I would like to see a sovergn nation, away from most peoples, were my kind can develop thier own sensiblities.
I also want to free myself of the spell Mordrain put on us. I could go on about my various goals but I don't want to bore you.
I am curious, why did you suspect we might lie or want to lie to you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Here Be Dragons   Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:57 pm

Luna wrote:
Well, that is all we came seeking - the knowledge of how to make the seals...
but we hadn't thought that any of the other stuff was to be had.

If we had powerful allies such as yourselves to fight with us would be so super awesome!!!

And now that you mention it... treasure is always good if it can be got!
It's all very nice saving the world and stuff... but in the end... you still have to earn a living! And soon I'll have kids to support!

Another seal breaks, that's three.

Luna wrote:

OOC: Is that dragon blood still helping us against aberations now?
I mean... does it actually affect any of our die rolls and stuff?

Wow - the quori huh?
So how did that dragon marked house come to be the makers?
Do you think the warforged would make a good sea-faring free nation?
'Cause I really do.

Oh... and how come Shifters can't have a nice dragon mark too and fly airships? Can anything be done about that?

poor dragon - probably only has a will save in the forties.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

Number of posts : 746

PostSubject: Re: Here Be Dragons   Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:58 pm

Luna wrote:

Does the dragon run away and flee in terror?

Admin wrote:
Wait - didn't everyone know I was already broken?

I meant the shivering in the corner holding yourself, "Please no more special places"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299

PostSubject: Re: Here Be Dragons   Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:37 am

Six of Six wrote:
OOC: When Bruntutalephion laughed what kind of breath weapon leaked out.

Electricity.

Quote :
How many sylables in Bruntutalephion, Brun-tu-tale-phion or Brun-tu-ta-le-phion?

Six. Brun-tu-ta-le-phi-on

Quote :
Hee hee, a dragon with fighter levels is doing dragon style kung-fu.

Wait till you meet the offspring of the lung wang and chiang lung dragons, also called the Wang Chung dragon.

And back to the game...

Bruntutalephion frowns down at Gareth. “You people are a strange combination of education and a lack of knowledge. A dragon and the blessing of paladinhood? Fool! Who do you think was the first paladin? Dragon paladins rode the skies and smote the rajahs thousands of millennia before your kind grasped at the concept. My grandfather never stepped on your shores! He lived and died on Argonnessen, holding back terrors that would swallow your world whole.”

The dragon’s apparent irritation is, however, swiftly replaced by another emotion as Luna asks her questions. Even though it lacks eyebrows, the dragon’s brows steeple and meet above the great eyes. After a silence of a few seconds, the huge jaws open, then close, and then open again. Finally, it says only one word – “What?!” Apparently not even an ancient dragon is immune to Luna’s mind-affecting powers.

Luckily for the dragon, Six has some questions too, and it turns to him with an almost palpable sense of relief. “Yes, the titans are the giants of Xen’drik. I cannot tell you of your other issues, but as for the honesty, I have little experience with your people from beyond Argonnessen, and since you are here to obtain something, you might try to lie to achieve it.”

Bruntutalephion continues, perhaps just a little quickly to ensure that Luna doesn’t get a chance to ask anything else, “And I was not offering you magic or allies or anything else. I told you I would give you information. I simply wished to know what you wish, so that I can tell you where you might go.” The dragon extends a claw, pointing in various directions as he continues to speak. “If you fly southeast from here for three days, passing Fang Crater - a large pit hundreds of miles across and extending deep into the earth - you will come to a long thin gulf where the ocean extends into Argonnessen. Cross it and you will enter the Tapestry, the home base of the Chamber. You may obtain aid there. Or you might not. These are older dragons, who have learned the wisdom of dwelling here in Argonnessen rather than gallivanting abroad, but they are all more interested in working – or interfering – with the course of the Prophecy. So perhaps they will care for your problem.”

He points in another direction. “If you fly directly south, all the way across the Vast, you will come to Io’lokar, the City of Knowledge. It is the only city in Argonnessen, where people of the lesser races dwell, and a font of great power and knowledge. I know little of the place, but I know that though they lack the knowledge and magic of dragonkind, the Io’lokari are great warriors and powerful spellcasters. They have fought off attacks by rogue dragons from the Vast many times. They are less likely to know of the type of magic you wish, but perhaps they will aid you since you are of their kind.”

Bruntutalephion looks around at the Angels and his voice drops slightly, at least by draconic standards. “And there are other options, depending on what you dare. Also within the Vast lies Khesavuthir, the Black Well. It is a location that is legendary even in Argonnessen, and even our people have forgotten why it was first created. Rumor says that it is a great source for lost lore and great magic – and madness. Tales say it was created by a cult of dragons who interpreted and sought to shape the Prophecy in ways later forbidden by the Chamber, who died out but left their lore behind. And one tale says that Vvaraak visited Khesavauthir and took knowledge from there with her to your world. I do not know if that story is true, but one thing that I do know of Vvaraak is where what remains of her original flight is found. A thousand years after she left, her descendant Varstaryinax fled after his sojourn as the guardian of Tiamat’s prison – after which he was supposed to be executed. Partly in shame and partly in solidarity, many members of his flight fled into exile as well, into an area of the Vast known as the Shadowland. There they built a tower, known as the Burning Tower, and what remains of them – as far as I know – still dwell there today. The children of Varstaryinax, I would think, are certain to be unfriendly, but they are also very likely to have the same lore that Vvaraak once knew. Of course, the Conclave of Argonnessen certainly has that knowledge, as do the loredrakes of the Light of Siberys, and some among those who dwell in the Tapestry. But whether any will share them with you is another matter.”

The dragon smiles with an evident combination of amusement and superiority. “As I have said before, whatever you choose, I think you will die. But I give you this information nevertheless, to do with as you will. Do you have any questions?” The large eyes flicker quickly to Luna and back again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Luna

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2006-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Here Be Dragons   Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:46 am

OOC: Ya know Luna HAD to ask!! :-D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here Be Dragons   Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:58 am

Luna wrote:
OOC: Ya know Luna HAD to ask!! :-D

Stop attacking my poor dragon's mind, damn you! He's too old for this shit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Here Be Dragons   Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:07 am

OOC: Vvaraak, is that the druid dragon or the daelkyr binding dragon?

Hmm, Io'lokar. Maybe we could buy a house. It's probably better that Sharn

Are there any special requirements to enter and live in the city? Once we leave here could we return without a major battle ensueing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here Be Dragons   Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:28 am

Six of Six wrote:
OOC: Vvaraak, is that the druid dragon or the daelkyr binding dragon?

The druid dragon is the daelkyr binding dragon. Vvaraak created the Gatekeepers and taught them the lore of druidism (yes, just like paladins the first druids were dragons too), and part of that was teaching them how to make dimensional seals and bind the daelkyr.

Quote :
Hmm, Io'lokar. Maybe we could buy a house. It's probably better that Sharn

Are there any special requirements to enter and live in the city?

"Not that I know of. I believe they welcome all races, though dragons do not dwell there permanently. All races except half-dragons." Bruntutalephion's tone when he says 'half-dragon' is that of someone using a particularly foul insult.

Quote :
Once we leave here could we return without a major battle ensueing.

"Here? You mean to my dominion? I cannot say. Some members of my flight are young and impetuous, and they may attack you as trespassers. And I have many other things to do. I may have time for you on another visit, or I may not. But even if you come here again, do not enter my tower without my permission. If you do so, you will die."
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Here Be Dragons   Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:41 am

Admin wrote:
Bruntutalephion frowns down at Gareth. “You people are a strange combination of education and a lack of knowledge. A dragon and the blessing of paladinhood? Fool! Who do you think was the first paladin? Dragon paladins rode the skies and smote the rajahs thousands of millennia before your kind grasped at the concept. My grandfather never stepped on your shores! He lived and died on Argonnessen, holding back terrors that would swallow your world whole.”

Listening to Bruntutalephion "We do not know of this, but the information makes sense - and it is amazing to know - a common connection. Are there still dragon paladins left?"

"Thank you for all of the information you have provided us - your protection while in your dominion. We will not forget your kindness, and if there is ever a chance that you need something of us please do not hesitate to ask" Pausing, "If it is not too much to ask would you give us one last piece of information? Which of the areas do you recommend that we start at? Meaning, which area is most likely to present us with the least resistance? While all of these places may be dangerous, obviously they can be categorized in their level of intensity."

OOC: Dragon says "Can I have one of your legendary action figures? Signed and numbered?"

Looking towards the group, "We should categorize the order in which we want to see these place - probably going from the least difficult and working our way up. If we find we cannot handle a certain area we stop at this point."

(Moderate difficult) SE 3 days - Fang Crater - to the Tapestry - home of the Chamber. Aid may be available. Older dragons who meddle in the Prophecy

(Least difficult) S - Across the Vast to Io'lokar, city of knowledge. May provide some aid. The knowledge may not be as good, but may be available

(Most difficult) Vast - to Khesavuthir (Black Well) - a legendary location - which has lost lore and great magic. The Shadowland is an area of interest in the Vast

OOC: Lets go to the vast imo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Here Be Dragons   Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:43 am

Admin wrote:

"Here? You mean to my dominion? I cannot say. Some members of my flight are young and impetuous, and they may attack you as trespassers. And I have many other things to do. I may have time for you on another visit, or I may not. But even if you come here again, do not enter my tower without my permission. If you do so, you will die."

I suspected as much. Do you have attendents or household staff? If not you might want to get some to handle the daily chores.

OOC and To the group: This comes after the dragons responce. The first two sentences are aloud, the remainer is ok my me but it does confirm and identify the teleporter in our group. But since Bhuntutalephion probably all ready knowns I'll leave it to the players and gm to decide that.
We need to go to the city to establish a base camp. Our probably answer lie in the other areas, but some of us need sleep. Just getting a good look at the place should be suficient, but a place would be better. Also we can find proper trees so Nameless isn't the only one who can teleport here. I figured we would be teleporting to most places.

Last edited by Six of Six on Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Here Be Dragons   Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:03 am

Six of Six wrote:
but some of us need sleep.

Gareth looks with shock at Six, turning to the dragon "Kill that impostor! Our Six would never advocate sleep. KILL THE QUORI!!!!"

OOC: Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Here Be Dragons   Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:49 pm

Six of Six wrote:
It is not advocacy just recognizing a shortcoming. Wink

You forgot to mention the shortcomings of eating and pooping too. Seriously, it's amazing that they can do anything!

Quote :
Do we know why the dragons attack the giants if not I'll ask.

This is something the histories do tell you. When the quori invaded Xen'drik, the giants eventually used magic taught them by the dragons to cut off the connection between Dal Quor and Eberron. The magic was so powerful that it devastated Xen'drik and shook the foundations of Eberron. Seizing on the weakened state of the giants, the elves (who were the slaves of the giants) rose up in rebellion. The desperate giants prepared to harness the same forces they used against Dal Quor. Presumably they thought this would win the war, but some historians say that it was a nihilistic act, intended to destroy the world.

Either way, the possibility awoke Argonnessen. For the first, and thus far last, time since the battles of the Age of Demons, a united army of all colors came forth from the dragon continent and utterly destroyed the nations of Xen'drik. Giant, elf and every other race on Xen'drik were brought low, and incredible curses woven to fling the giants back to a level of savagery from which they have not yet recovered and probably never will.

Quote :
Another question is has he ever met a god. Try not to bore the dragon too much, he seems more interested in tales of action than historical background.

Are you asking him if he has ever met a god?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here Be Dragons   Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:06 pm

Crap! I meant to quote Six's post and hit Edit instead. Sorry. The preceding post is my response to Six.
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Here Be Dragons   Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:12 pm

Shil: Gah! I did it again!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here Be Dragons   Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:51 pm

Quote :
Yes, ask him if he has met a god. Actually if Six senses that he might be receptive, ask why the dragons attacked the giants. Preface the question with what I know and the historians suspect. Six is trying to be sensitive not to ask something that will end the conversation.

OOC: Too late. He's kinda getting bored.

The dragon lifts its head a little further and looks at him for a moment, before saying, “You creatures ask the strangest of questions. The gods do not walk among us. The Progenitors make up the world beneath and the ring of Siberys that surrounds it, the Dragon Gods watch over us from the sky, and the Sovereigns … well, it is not something you will understand.” He lifts his head, gazing out of the window at the darkening sky beyond.

“Thank you,” says Six. “I was simply wondering, since your experience clearly far extends ours.” Then he adds carefully, not wanting to end the conversation before they have obtained as much information as they can, “We know something about dragons but not that much. For example, we have heard of the destruction of the giants of Xen’drik by your people. Our histories say that it was because they were going to use the same magic that they used against Dal Quor and it might have destroyed Eberron, but I was not sure if that’s accurate or not.”

Bruntutalephion remains silent for a few seconds and then says, his tone heavy, “That is correct. And there is something you should know. The Conclave called the event kurash Ourelonastrix – Aureon’s Folly* – and forbade any flight from sharing the secrets of Argonnessen with lesser beings. There is a reason that Vvaraak’s action is called Vvaraak’s Betrayal. So I give you this warning – think carefully what you ask of my people. And assume nothing.”

The dragon falls silent, the light in its huge eyes dimming for a few moments, and then emits a deep, rumbling breath. “I have told you enough. This has been amusing, but now you must leave. Is there anything else? Make it quick.”

Nameless, who has remained silent for the most part, says, “We are indebted to you for your patience and all this information, Bruntutalephion. So that we do not have to bother you again, could you please provide us with a description of the places you mentioned? Then we could simply teleport there.”

“Very well,” says the dragon. “I cannot describe either Khesavuthir or the Burning Tower, since I have seen neither, but I can describe locations close to them. Or show you. A description would take too long and be too imprecise. Do not resist.” He casts a spell and closes his eyes. Nameless’ promptly widen as he feels the dragon communicate with him telepathically, causing a number of images to flash through the alienist’s head. Then Bruntutalephion opens his eyes and speaks a couple of words, ending the contact.

“And now you know what you need,” he says, before looking around at the Angels. His expression says clearly that he is waiting for them to depart.

* Aureon is the god of knowledge and magic
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Here Be Dragons   Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:25 pm

Shil:

Admin wrote:
"Thank you for your help." Turning to Nameless, "Let's teleport -----"

OOC: The ---- are for whatever we decide to go to

And that, I think, is where we'll pick up tomorrow. But feel free to continue arguing reasons in the OOC thread.

Edit: Sigh! I think I need to remove the Edit button from this thread. Clearly I can't be trusted to read the difference between it and "Quote". Or maybe it's the piles of papers I'm grading right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here Be Dragons   

Back to top Go down

Here Be Dragons
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2