Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Dragon - 2, Angels - 0

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:15 am

Gareth wrote:
You know - given the dragon didn't keep his end of the bargain (he didn't release Korm) Nameless is not obligated to live up to his part. You should all flee.

Didn't release Korm?

Quote :
Why Nameless is voluntarily letting himself die when it is not needed is beyond me. It's almost as if Nameless likes to die.....

Some people like to keep their word.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Leonis

Number of posts : 746

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:40 am

Admin wrote:
Didn't release Korm?

Yea didn't John make the agreement so the dragon would release Korm? We could have had all but Korm/Gareth easily escape. In the dragons eyes getting two dragonmarked sacrifices is better then getting one dragonmarked and one non-dragonmarked.

Admin wrote:
Some people like to keep their word.
Gareth didn't take that as a requirement - Gareth was taught that when fighting evil you sometimes have to lie to win (e.g. what cops are permitted to do when asked "are you a cop").
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:43 am

Gareth wrote:
Yea didn't John make the agreement so the dragon would release Korm? We could have had all but Korm/Gareth easily escape. In the dragons eyes getting two dragonmarked sacrifices is better then getting one dragonmarked and one non-dragonmarked.

The agreement was that if Gareth and Nameless sacrificed themselves, the dragon would let the others go. He did. The others just haven't chosen to leave yet Twisted Evil

Quote :
Gareth didn't take that as a requirement - Gareth was taught that when fighting evil you sometimes have to lie to win (e.g. what cops are permitted to do when asked "are you a cop").

Call it cynicism, but I don't think this has much to do with Gareth, and has everything to do with Avi Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:59 am

Admin wrote:
The agreement was that if Gareth and Nameless sacrificed themselves, the dragon would let the others go. He did. The others just haven't chosen to leave yet Twisted Evil

Thats what I'm saying - the dragon didn't let the others go. Korm dug his own way out. We had an escape plan (that would have worked for all but korm/gareth). Hey I'm just using the profession lawyer abilities here Very Happy

Julia - Nameless is naked, bonk him on the head.

Admin wrote:
Call it cynicism, but I don't think this has much to do with Gareth, and has everything to do with Avi Very Happy

Along the same lines that Gareth isn't greedy, Avi is greedy - it just spills over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:16 am

Gareth wrote:
Thats what I'm saying - the dragon didn't let the others go. Korm dug his own way out. We had an escape plan (that would have worked for all but korm/gareth). Hey I'm just using the profession lawyer abilities here Very Happy

I know Smile Nice try, but no dice. Anyway, what are you guys gonna do - sue him?

Quote :

You know, that sentence would work even if you removed "on the head."
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:49 am

Admin wrote:
I know Smile Nice try, but no dice. Anyway, what are you guys gonna do - sue him?

Nothing is scarier then a jewish lawyer - especially an MPAA/RIAA lawyer knocking on your door. "Mr Gygax, we noticed your music collection is larger then what is expected. Come with us". Gygax response "WTF? I'ma breath on you". MPAA/RIAA response "We have divine rank 666 granted to us from the government - now come with us salamander"

Admin wrote:

Which head do you think i was talking about? cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:54 am

Admin wrote:

Quote :

Only in Australia, but we are down under.

To speed things along here are the qeustions Six is asking Xagygyrag.

What will you tell me about the dimesional seals, making them, how they work etc.

Here is the sign that appeared above the Mournland when the seed to Xoriat sprouted. Does it mean anything to you?

For the sacrifice, are you going to kill them? If so I would like to recover the bodies. And what's the sacrifice for?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:02 am

Six of Six wrote:
If so I would like to recover the bodies. And what's the sacrifice for?

I appreciate that - but get the magic items. True resurrection = bodies. Magic items are a different story Very Happy

But thank you none-the-less Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:03 am

Gareth wrote:
Six of Six wrote:
If so I would like to recover the bodies. And what's the sacrifice for?

I appreciate that - but get the magic items. True resurrection = bodies. Magic items are a different story Very Happy

But thank you none-the-less Very Happy

I have multiple purposes for this one of which is to save magic items, your bodies. Remember the enhancement bonuses to stats is the one non dubious major magic boost we have gotten in this gods forsaken campaign. Besides if you want major magic without strings, you will have to make it yourself. If we lost all of our dubious magic items today, we would get greater and more problematic ones tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:28 am

Six of Six wrote:
I have multiple purposes for this one of which is to save magic items, your bodies. Remember the enhancement bonuses to stats is the one non dubious major magic boost we have gotten in this gods forsaken campaign. Besides if you want major magic without strings, you will have to make it yourself. If we lost all of our dubious magic items today, we would get greater and more problematic ones tomorrow.

Yea Shil is all about screwing with the players long term - since the seed is gone he needs something else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luna

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2006-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:57 pm

I don't know why John wouldn't let Luna club nameless.
It's definitely within her character and then he doesn't go back on his word - as he has no choice... he could even fight and see if he could beat me... but he didn't want it to go down that way.

Shil... If these guys said they were staying... I would have flown out the way I came in!

ITS RETARDED TO STAY!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:00 pm

Luna wrote:
It's definitely within her character and then he doesn't go back on his word - as he has no choice... he could even fight and see if he could beat me... but he didn't want it to go down that way.

Shil... If these guys said they were staying... I would have flown out the way I came in!

ITS RETARDED TO STAY!!

Since when does Luna ask for permission? Club him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:09 pm

Shil said I had to ask John.
Luna would most certainly not ask nameless!!! :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:17 pm

Luna wrote:

ITS RETARDED TO STAY!!

Six figures he has over a 50% of walking out with some kind of responce from Xaggy and a outside chance of getting out with Nameless and Gareth. In any event, Korm and Luna should bug out as soon as possible, just in case.
As a secondary consideration, if Six dies here resurrection might get rid of the harness and Mordrain's 'improvements'.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:00 pm

In the words of the the great Gordon Lightfoot... Fellas... it's been good to know ya!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iquCHSkmUek

And to those about to die... we salute you!

Luna departs a lot at this time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:16 pm

Six of Six wrote:
I have multiple purposes for this one of which is to save magic items, your bodies. Remember the enhancement bonuses to stats is the one non dubious major magic boost we have gotten in this gods forsaken campaign.

Very Happy

Quote :
Besides if you want major magic without strings, you will have to make it yourself. If we lost all of our dubious magic items today, we would get greater and more problematic ones tomorrow.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Gareth wrote:
Yea Shil is all about screwing with the players long term - since the seed is gone he needs something else.

You sure about that?

Anyway, I'll make this easy and say Korm leaves with Luna.

As the dragon strides forward, at Luna's urging Korm picks up the portable hole with her inside, along with much of Nameless' stuff and the purloined crystal ball, and casts master earth. The Gatekeeper sinks into the ground instantly and disappears.

Six steps forward and asks his question. Xagygyrag stops and considers him for a moment, and then his giant bulk begins to shake. Luckily, it is with amusement, and a few seconds later, once the booming laughter has ended, he says, "You amuse me, little construct, who not only dare remain but question me so. Yes, I know of the seals. This is Khesavuthir, the fount of knowledge. And where oaths are sworn and forever bound in blood. What do you offer me for this knowledge? Yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:47 pm

Admin wrote:
Six of Six wrote:
I have multiple purposes for this one of which is to save magic items, your bodies. Remember the enhancement bonuses to stats is the one non dubious major magic boost we have gotten in this gods forsaken campaign.

Very Happy

Quote :
Besides if you want major magic without strings, you will have to make it yourself. If we lost all of our dubious magic items today, we would get greater and more problematic ones tomorrow.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Gareth wrote:

You sure about that?

Anyway, I'll make this easy and say Korm leaves with Luna.

As the dragon strides forward, at Luna's urging Korm picks up the portable hole with her inside, along with much of Nameless' stuff and the purloined crystal ball, and casts master earth. The Gatekeeper sinks into the ground instantly and disappears.

Six steps forward and asks his question. Xagygyrag stops and considers him for a moment, and then his giant bulk begins to shake. Luckily, it is with amusement, and a few seconds later, once the booming laughter has ended, he says, "You amuse me, little construct, who not only dare remain but question me so. Yes, I know of the seals. This is Khesavuthir, the fount of knowledge. And where oaths are sworn and forever bound in blood. What do you offer me for this knowledge? Yourself?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:58 pm

Admin wrote:

Hmm bargaining, it's neutral or a gnome. Gah!

Well, was hoping something I have discovered would be of interest to you. (Show the sign.) As for oaths I would like to know what I am getting into, present situtation notwithstanding. Also I don't have actual blood if that makes a difference.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:15 pm

Six of Six wrote:
Hmm bargaining, it's neutral or a gnome. Gah!

Very Happy

Quote :
Well, was hoping something I have discovered would be of interest to you. (Show the sign.) As for oaths I would like to know what I am getting into, present situtation notwithstanding. Also I don't have actual blood if that makes a difference.

Xagygyrag flashes another fanged smile. "Lacking actual blood is not a problem. As we recently established," a huge claw indicates the spot where Six had lain unconscious barely over a minute ago, where a large patch of alchemical fluid still lies, "I can find ways to extract what I need. As for that sign," he snorts, causing a small spray of acid, "I know of it already. The eyes of Khesavuthir are in many places - including your land. You will need to offer me more for the information you want. I presume you have no wish to die here, since you must want to hold back Xoriat with the knowledge of the seals. But perhaps you can offer me something else. And if we come to an agreement we will swear binding oaths that neither of us shall renege on our bargain. Do you have anything to offer? And even if you do, how do you plan to leave here?"
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:51 pm

Admin wrote:

Xagygyrag flashes another fanged smile. "Lacking actual blood is not a problem. As we recently established," a huge claw indicates the spot where Six had lain unconscious barely over a minute ago, where a large patch of alchemical fluid still lies, "I can find ways to extract what I need. As for that sign," he snorts, causing a small spray of acid, "I know of it already. The eyes of Khesavuthir are in many places - including your land. You will need to offer me more for the information you want. I presume you have no wish to die here, since you must want to hold back Xoriat with the knowledge of the seals. But perhaps you can offer me something else. And if we come to an agreement we will swear binding oaths that neither of us shall renege on our bargain. Do you have anything to offer? And even if you do, how do you plan to leave here?"

Well I can do some term of service. I have a harness made by the quroi and reworked by Mordrain that won't come off. Pehaps you want something outside this area I could go get. As for leaving, back the way I came in looks good. I would go back to where we teleported in to this area and teleport out.

Whatever you decide to do with your sacrificies I becarful in the handling. We have been worked over by various entities and changed in sutble ways. All of us have been given changes that don't go away in an antimagic field, and one of ones that is a programmed amnesia that has puzzling quality. Our personality traits were heighten so we would be more reactive in ways we are already. When I have mentioned this to other powerful people, they were generally dismissive. This might just be the programmed amnesia talking, but I find it odd these fights were so one sided when they fought so hard for these fights to occur.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:05 pm

OOC: Weird - I didn't get a note from the forum saying you updated.

IC: Xagygyrag listens to Six silently and then smiles again. He begins to speak and while doing so, walks forward towards Nameless. "Thank you for the warning. There will be no problem for me. Modifications or no, your friends bear within them the blood of the dragonmarked, and there is rare power in that. I shall harvest and make fine use of it. Know this, little metal man, all forces in this world eventually, always, come down to blood."

Reaching Nameless, the dragon looks down and addresses him in turn. "This will not hurt." He touches the rod to the alienist's chest and Nameless keels over. Xagygyrag scoops him up and turns his attention back to Six. "I shall tell you what to do with the seals. I would not have the dragonmarked pass from this world. They are too valuable. And I will spare you to carry the knowledge back to your people. Still, a bargain must be made and you offer me little in return."

He gestures at the large room behind Six. "Go wait in there and decide what valuables you are willing to offer me. I have seen much magic on you and your allies." He glances down at Nameless and grimaces slightly. "Though I see this one has disposed of much of what he had. Well, no matter - the bargain was for him. But go now into that chamber, remove what you will leave, and wait. I shall return with the knowledge you desire." Xagygyrag adds, the tone of warning evident in his voice, "Wait there and do not go elsewhere."
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:34 pm

Admin wrote:
OOC: Weird - I didn't get a note from the forum saying you updated.

IC: Xagygyrag listens to Six silently and then smiles again. He begins to speak and while doing so, walks forward towards Nameless. "Thank you for the warning. There will be no problem for me. Modifications or no, your friends bear within them the blood of the dragonmarked, and there is rare power in that. I shall harvest and make fine use of it. Know this, little metal man, all forces in this world eventually, always, come down to blood."

Six: Hmm I seem to remember a popular fictional vampire saying the same thing.

Admin wrote:
Reaching Nameless, the dragon looks down and addresses him in turn. "This will not hurt." He touches the rod to the alienist's chest and Nameless keels over. Xagygyrag scoops him up and turns his attention back to Six. "I shall tell you what to do with the seals. I would not have the dragonmarked pass from this world. They are too valuable. And I will spare you to carry the knowledge back to your people. Still, a bargain must be made and you offer me little in return."

He gestures at the large room behind Six. "Go wait in there and decide what valuables you are willing to offer me. I have seen much magic on you and your allies." He glances down at Nameless and grimaces slightly. "Though I see this one has disposed of much of what he had. Well, no matter - the bargain was for him. But go now into that chamber, remove what you will leave, and wait. I shall return with the knowledge you desire." Xagygyrag adds, the tone of warning evident in his voice, "Wait there and do not go elsewhere."

Six: Hmm I wonder if he will discover the missing crystal ball before I get out of here. Maybe I can get him a box of dragonshards. I'm doing a lot of wondering in here. Dark too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:40 pm

Six of Six wrote:

Very Happy

Who, Dracula? Or someone else?

Quote :
Six: Hmm I wonder if he will discover the missing crystal ball before I get out of here. Maybe I can get him a box of dragonshards. I'm doing a lot of wondering in here. Dark too.

So what's Six doing? Going in the large room and waiting? And are you attempting to trade any of your existing magic for the information?
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:47 pm

Admin wrote:
Six of Six wrote:

Very Happy

Who, Dracula? Or someone else?

Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, TV show.

Admin wrote:
Quote :

So what's Six doing? Going in the large room and waiting? And are you attempting to trade any of your existing magic for the information?

Go to the room and examine it. Offer the fist and if he wants some dragonshards retreived. Wait for the dragon roar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:47 pm

I do not have a good feeling about this.

We can get this information from other places.
You do not have to stay. You do not have to do this!

Just reminding you.
You can use good judgement at ANY time .... before it's too late!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   

Back to top Go down

Dragon - 2, Angels - 0
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next