Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Dragon - 2, Angels - 0

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Leonis

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:22 pm

Luna wrote:
And if it isn't going to cost that much... then you needn't be concerned!

We don't know how much. Yea if its 1k I don't care. If you want to spend all of your personal funds on building a lavish house, instead of equipment to help you fight monsters, then I don't care (well I do, since your effectiveness helps us, but such is life). Just remember - you can either make it more likely that you will kill people and not die - so you can get more treasure - or you can spend it on a house that really provides no in game value. And you know - chances are- if you build it, they will come...and evict you. lol! lol! lol!

Luna wrote:
You guys didn't even want the scry ball!!

Not true at all. I wanted the ball, and all the other treasure. What we did ask was not to take the ball before killing the dragon to avoid pre-warning. A lot of dragons have spells cast on their treasure.

[quote=Luna]Perhaps Gareth and or nameless could have asked to have his remains sent to the silver flame or other church of the undead in the case of nameless before they died... in assurance that they would pay richly for said return!! After all -- they have nothing to lose!! [/quote]

The church of the undead would have a great time descirating Gareth. But yes when Six meets up with you guys the likely course is to go to the Keeper of the Flame. I don't understand - do you want Nameless/Gareth to suffer for dieing?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:26 pm

Gareth wrote:
Hold off on paying 50k gold to anyone - a house doesn't cost that much, and we will need some of those funds to replenish some items (coughgarethcough) - unless you want a naked paladin.

Man, your PC might be dead and you're still being greedy Very Happy!

Quote :
Go to the Keeper of the Flame. WHy would you even want to consider goign to mordain - or do you want him to cast nasty spells on us again?

Chances are she will do the spell - especially since we have information, and she needs us alive. Plus if we are REALLY lucky she may have some paladin type equipment lying around Very Happy

You do realize that her casting the spell likely wouldn't be based off whether you have information or if she needs you alive, right? Jaela's a teensy bit less greedy than Gareth.

Luna wrote:
I NEED A HOUSE!!!
And I need it immediately!!

Some things never change!

Sometimes I wonder if Gareth and Luna would make a good couple, since they're both greedy, but then I figure that they'd just each try to kill the other for their stuff.

Gareth wrote:
As for the house - it will provide us with zero intrinsic value to the game. Not too sure what building a house would cost, but anything more then 1k gold is insane considering how much gold is valued at. In game, there are peasants who will never see a gold piece in their lives at any one time.

If you want a peasant's house, 1k would be a lot. But just using the DMG, a 1-3 room house made of wood and with a thatched roof clocks in at 1k. A 4-10 room house made of wood and with a thatched roof is 5k. The sort of place you guys (and certainly Luna) would want and are used to costs a lot more. Luckily this place already has the foundations and such in place, and you can take care of a lot with your magic.

Anyway, for basic living purposes, you can consider the underground structure on your land in Karrnath perfectly functional.

Quote :
Shil anything on dying that is going to happen or do we not know if Gareth/nameless died.

At this point, you don't know if Gareth or Nameless are alive. We'll handle finding that out and what the other PCs do at the game on Saturday.

Luna wrote:
Shil -- can we look in it and see the boys?

You can try after you prepare the spell, so you'll have to wait till the next day.

Quote :
Perhaps Gareth and or nameless could have asked to have his remains sent to the silver flame or other church of the undead in the case of nameless before they died... in assurance that they would pay richly for said return!! After all -- they have nothing to lose!!

Asked whom? The dragon? He's living in a near-mythic location on a different continent 4000 miles away. I doubt he's making deliveries.

Quote :
This assuming that the dragon wouldn't actually have to eat them for the special ceremony!! :-D

Twisted Evil

Quote :
Perhaps they will be kept alive to make more blood - and then "milked" on and ongoing basis!! That seems creepy enough for this game!! affraid

You know, now that you mention it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:32 pm

Luna wrote:
Shil... how much would the house cost... more or less???

If it's like those floor plans you sent me, it'll easily be upwards of 10,000 gp.

Quote :
Yes... we will go to the dumb old silver flame.... even though I really think we should just try to reincarate Gareth from his stump!! Razz

Very Happy

Quote :
Though... I find it very dubious that they will bring want to bring Nameless back!! I'm sure we can find someone who will however!

Place an ad in the paper?

Quote :
Shil... didn't we "suspect" clones?

After we saw the glimpse of one a Moridains? And then the group that looked just like us with the attack of the airship? I think I even mentioned this "theory" to the journalist!![/quote]

You guys had the idea that he might have made something which could use or mimic your powers, but that's fairly different from a clone (which only activates when the original dies). But you're pretty sure he did something (or many things) freaky, so you could always visit him on that basis. Your call.

Gareth wrote:
I don't understand - do you want Nameless/Gareth to suffer for dieing?

I think she wants you two to suffer for getting her into a fight which she told you guys about a hundred times not to do. After going to a place which she said you shouldn't go to, and not leaving when she said you should.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:40 pm

Admin wrote:
Man, your PC might be dead and you're still being greedy Very Happy!

My PC is not greedy, unfortunately for him I am. Trust me, if this was Omar I would have binded that dragon and the rest of the group into servitude. The devil himself would be proud of me.

[quote=Admin]You do realize that her casting the spell likely wouldn't be based off whether you have information or if she needs you alive, right? Jaela's a teensy bit less greedy than Gareth.[/quote]

Oh yes I do know that. It also helps that you can do it for free (Miracle is no xp/material cost). But it helps when we are not joe schmoe, but people who are helping the world and one of us is a paladin Smile

[quote=Admin]Sometimes I wonder if Gareth and Luna would make a good couple, since they're both greedy, but then I figure that they'd just each try to kill the other for their stuff.[/quote]

Gareth Vs Luna - Ohhh, man, lets see how that goes heh.

[quote=Admin]Anyway, for basic living purposes, you can consider the underground structure on your land in Karrnath perfectly functional.[/quote]

So whats a rough estimate given the foundation, and the magic we have? Assume a 5 bedrooms for us, 1 for a manservant, and 2 for guests = 8. Stone house. Not saying I am spending my money on it now - it seems like i may be needing to borrow roughly 50-80k from the group to reequip myself.

[quote=Admin]At this point, you don't know if Gareth or Nameless are alive. We'll handle finding that out and what the other PCs do at the game on Saturday.[/quote]

Gareth alive, but missing an arm --- ouch. That's just MEAN!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:42 pm

Admin wrote:

I think she wants you two to suffer for getting her into a fight which she told you guys about a hundred times not to do. After going to a place which she said you shouldn't go to, and not leaving when she said you should.

Ahhh. She does realize that Gareth/Nameless operating at less then peak efficiency increases the chances that she will also die?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luna

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2006-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:00 pm

I know you don't want to be reincarnated -- so though i may very much want to.... I am taking you to the stupid flame woman... I don't know why you are getting so worked up!!

We are certainly going to do whatever is needed to get you raised or whatever -- reseserected...

I never said or eluded to doing anything else!

We will certainly ask the woman to bring back nameless as well... but if she doesn't want to... which I think maybe a distinct possibility... we will do whatever it takes to get nameless back as well.

But... I am not just handing over the scry ball. I might keep it for the foyer... or I may sell to finance the new abode. Since we have cash... there are some even more fab designs!! AND... I was promised that
something would be done about housing -- and it's very clear that unless I do something --- nothing will!!

Don't we have a lot of spare magic back at your old house?

And Luna is NOT greedy. I was all for keeping the old magic around for the servants. I was always willing to lend my money to anyone who needed it. There are just have certain things that Luna ... wants... needs. Just because you don't value them doesnt make them not valuable!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:08 pm

Luna wrote:
But... I am not just handing over the scry ball. I might keep it for the foyer... or I may sell to finance the new abode.

Party treasure. There are many times that I wanted something all to myself but even my greed doesn't extend to witholding party treasure from the party.

Luna wrote:

Nothing we have in storage would be of much use for our level. It is really low level gear intended for our servants (e.g. +1 ring of deflection).

The kind of gear we use costs in the tens of thousands. Look at the prices on your gear and you will see what I mean. Some examples of items gareth had: Ability to fly 5 minutes a day (I think like 10g). Cloak of displacement (20g), Full Plate +1 of med fortification (around 30-40g). Then there are boots, helmets, ring of counterspells, amulet of adaptation (to let Nameless cast cloudkill on Gareth), etc.

Our stuff is expensive unfortunately.

Or, I could make myself an aesthetic monk. Would you like Gareth to be resurrected as a monk?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:11 pm

Luna wrote:
I know you don't want to be reincarnated -- so though i may very much want to.... I am taking you to the stupid flame woman... I don't know why you are getting so worked up!!

We are certainly going to do whatever is needed to get you raised or whatever -- reseserected...

I never said or eluded to doing anything else!

We will certainly ask the woman to bring back nameless as well... but if she doesn't want to... which I think maybe a distinct possibility... we will do whatever it takes to get nameless back as well.

But... I am not just handing over the scry ball. I might keep it for the foyer... or I may sell to finance the new abode. Since we have cash... there are some even more fab designs!! AND... I was promised that
something would be done about housing -- and it's very clear that unless I do something --- nothing will!!

And Luna is NOT greedy. I was all for keeping the old magic around for the servants. I was always willing to lend my money to anyone who needed it. There are just have certain things that Luna ... wants... needs. Just because you don't value them doesnt make them not valuable!

You know...
Luna could use the crystal ball to finance the warfored pirate nation. They could raid and bring back treasure. just saying (instigating that is)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:14 pm

Six of Six wrote:
You know...
Luna could use the crystal ball to finance the warfored pirate nation. They could raid and bring back treasure. just saying (instigating that is)

Pirate warforged nation. They would all have to be warforged monks though. And all the treasure they raid they donate to Sharn.

I like it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:37 pm

[quote="Gareth"]
Six of Six wrote:
You know...

cheers BRILLIANT!!!!
However... there are no monks... only rougues!!

Six... set it up!!
Just save 20k or so for especially nice housing!!

THIS IS A GREAT LONG TERM INVESTMENT!

Last edited by Luna on Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:38 pm

Luna wrote:
cheers BRILLIANT!!!!
However... there are no monks... only rougues!!

Monks or no deal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:59 pm

You don't want my scry ball for the party - you want it for Gareth -- SPECIFICALLY!!!!

And everyone is welcome to stay in the new house!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:15 pm

Luna wrote:
You don't want my scry ball for the party - you want it for Gareth -- SPECIFICALLY!!!!

And everyone is welcome to stay in the new house!

No Gareth doesn't want the scry ball. But hey. How about this. We sell the scry ball, and split the money. Then you can do with your portion all that you want.

As for "welcome to stay in the new house" - not sure if you realize this but we all equally own the property. It was a gift to the group, not to Luna.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:19 pm

Yes, of course, but I am improving it significantly.
And we can discuss it if there is any scry ball afer you are raised!

Until such time... I will make a considered judgement about the very best use for the money under the current set of circumstances.

You have no idea what may happen.
We may have to trade it to have nameless raised.

In any case.. you are dead.... as far as we know.. or at the very least, drained of blood and armless.... and so will have to leave all the big decisions to Six and Korm and I.

And I know they will want Luna to feel very very comfortable with whatever decision she makes!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:42 pm

Luna wrote:
In any case.. you are dead.... as far as we know.. or at the very least, drained of blood and armless.... and so will have to leave all the big decisions to Six and Korm and I.

Damn! That argument's tough to beat Laughing
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:22 pm

Luna wrote:
Yes, of course, but I am improving it significantly.
And we can discuss it if there is any scry ball afer you are raised!

Until such time... I will make a considered judgement about the very best use for the money under the current set of circumstances.

You have no idea what may happen.
We may have to trade it to have nameless raised.

And I know they will want Luna to feel very very comfortable with whatever decision she makes!

If you steal from group members that is your choice, so are the repercussions - do you really want to turn this campaign into that? How would you like if one day Luna gets killed or knocked unconscious - and thats the day she wakes up naked "Oh we don't know what happened to your stuff, it walked off"

I know you like to be ridiculous at times but the moment you try and pull that and hamper group members by stealing from them is the moment i get pissed off. Its not where this campaign will go. It's what kids in high school, who I played with did, and if that starts to happen at my table its when I quit this group.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:42 pm

AH.... Just because I'm making a decision... and just because you don't agree with the decision.... does not make me a theif

Are we trying to hock your arm at the pawn shop????

As I see it... we have always gone WAY out of our way to make sure Gareth has all the magic and treasure he seems to feel he needs.

So I see no call whatsoever for trying to make out like I'm a thief!!

So... I'm not even gonna go there!

And ah.... I see a lot of value to having a stronghold.
But... I'm done talking about it till we see what's going on.

We may decide it;s too useful to sell.
We may need it to raise Namless.
(If we do have to pay... you can try and make him pay you back!)
AND then you can pay me for all that time we spent running around after Gareth's sword - if that's how you want to play it!

And we may use it for something else if we deem fit!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:23 am

Luna wrote:
AH.... Just because I'm making a decision... and just because you don't agree with the decision.... does not make me a theif

Selling the scrying ball and saying "we dont know what happend to it" is stealing.

Luna wrote:
Are we trying to hock your arm at the pawn shop????
That would also be stealing - and i didn't accuse you of doing that

Luna wrote:
As I see it... we have always gone WAY out of our way to make sure Gareth has all the magic and treasure he seems to feel he needs.
Kizmet was the only time Gareth asked the group to help. But nobody complains when gareth does 150+ dmg in one round

Luna wrote:
And ah.... I see a lot of value to having a stronghold.
But... I'm done talking about it till we see what's going on.

Whats the value? Explain?

We may decide it;s too useful to sell.
We may need it to raise Namless.
(If we do have to pay... you can try and make him pay you back!)
[/quote]

Nameless died to sve the group, and even if he just died on his own accord not saving the group - I would never ask him to pay back. I would use my money to get him the best method we can afford. Thanks to Nameless Korm/Luna/Six are alive and well.

Quote :
AND then you can pay me for all that time we spent running around after Gareth's sword - if that's how you want to play it!
As long as you pay me for each and everytime I smited a creature. It's a group, we roll together. None of my characteres, in all my gaming history, have ever tried to take an item from the group - and I have played evil characters. I am always up front with the group because the people sitting at the table are not imaginary, they are my friends - you are my friends - I will avoid doing anything to upset you - and I expect the same in return. Stealing from group members upsets them - it's childish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:38 pm

Oh... just because we use it when your dead and don't get to make an executive decision doesn't mean we wouldnt tell you what we did with it... and I never said otherwise. And IS NOT THIEVERY!

You're just making stuff up now!

"That would also be stealing - and i didn't accuse you of doing that"
Read your own post - YES you did!

And... running around on errands just to benefit YOU is different than "every time you smite a creature". The point being is this:

No one has ever stolen anything from you... quite the contrary!

Your way is NOT the only way.
Your way in not alway right.

And if we all just spend money buying more armor and weapons -- then we'll run into bigger monsters.... that require it.

And I'm done talking about it. Make your groundless aqusations as you will.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:48 pm

You darn kids quit it!

Avi, quit getting your knickers in a bunch. And Julia, don't respond to him. You know it only encourages him!
Back to top Go down
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:13 pm

Okay Daddy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:27 pm

Luna wrote:

No one has ever stolen anything from you... quite the contrary!

Silly me I thought it was a link. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:28 pm

Admin wrote:
You darn kids quit it!

Avi, quit getting your knickers in a bunch. And Julia, don't respond to him. You know it only encourages him!

Well DUH! Smile

Easy solution - for items that don't go to a single person (e.g if we find a staff of the magi it goes to Nameless) we split the value of it. Then you can do with your money whatever you want. Does that sound fair?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:41 pm

You know Luna, we still have the 333 continual light sticky gems, too. That's another +30-50k. Just saying
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:46 pm

Six of Six wrote:
You know Luna, we still have the 333 continual light sticky gems, too. That's another +30-50k. Just saying

I am really surprised at you Dave. Your attempts at instigation should be a lot more subtle then that!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon - 2, Angels - 0   

Back to top Go down

Dragon - 2, Angels - 0
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next