Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Xoriat Attacks

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Leonis

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:50 pm

Luna wrote:
The gatekeeper will definetly want to talk to me too!!!!
In fact... they might even feel slighted if I don't go!!
Six isn't even a druid!!

Pretty sure they will feel slighted after you go. "Oh great, the pseudo-aberration who thinks she is a druid and has a temper tantrum every five minutes---- RUN!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luna

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2006-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:03 pm

NUH-UH!!!

You don't know!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:32 pm

A little info and questions:

* There were no Gatekeepers at the meeting. The ambassador from the Shadow Marches to Thrane was present, and he'd likely be well disposed to the Gatekeepers, but he's certainly not a representative.

* You have not informed the Gatekeepers about what you've learned about the Seals yet. I believe you did actually tell Jaela about it during the last session. Does anyone else remember that?

* Nameless has a Greater Teleport, as he always does nowadays, so he can get the group to Argonessen (Io'lokar?) if you want. Is Gareth suggesting that you do so now? It's early evening, BTW. With the Runestaff of Transportation, Nameless can cast a number of teleports and get the group to the place in Karrnath, to Sharn, to the Shadow Marches, or other places as needed. Luna and Korm can also do so as well, via Master Earth and Transport Via Plants.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Six of Six

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:15 am

To the Gatekeepers. The highest ones we know. I believe that would be the reicarnated woman and senile dragon.

We told Jaela about the blood powered seals. I also mentioned there should be ways around slaughter to get the blood.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:09 pm

Since we have not spoken to the Gatekeepers we go to them. Then assuming nothing deters us from our path we go back to Argonesson.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:14 pm

Gareth wrote:
On the way out, "Nameless, I would like to give a sending to Lalia, could you help me out please?"

Nameless says, "Actually, I have just the one sending prepared and I'll need to use that to contact Saala."

Six of Six wrote:
To the Gatekeepers. The highest ones we know. I believe that would be the reicarnated woman and senile dragon.

Gareth wrote:
Since we have not spoken to the Gatekeepers we go to them. Then assuming nothing deters us from our path we go back to Argonesson.

Nameless casts his sending to contact Saala and learns of her location. While she is at an area that the Angels have not been to, she asks them to travel to a known location (the one where Gurr'khan first took them to the Shadow Marches) where a guide will be waiting for them.

When Nameless teleports the Angels to the Shadow Marches, they find the aforementioned guide, a young orcish warrior. With his information and their magical resources, they are soon at the location where the leader of the Gatekeepers is located.

This area is a lightly forested area on a hill rising above the swamps of the Marches. A number of tents have been raised here and dozens of people, mostly orc and half-orc, inhabit the area, most gathered into small groups and talking animatedly. Most bear signs of the Gatekeepers and there are a fair number of animals, presumably companions to them, in the area too. The discussions all stop at the advent of the Angels, whom the guide leads into the heart of the small encampment, and some people follow them, with curiosity writ large on their faces.

The Angels find Saala Torrn awaiting them before one of the larger tents, accompanied by half a dozen men and women, most of them of at least middle age. "Welcome," she says, getting quickly to the point, "What news do you bring?"
Back to top Go down
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:16 pm

Okay --- I still don't know what we are going back to argeneson for???
We came for into about the seals which six got.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:42 pm

We need to speak in a place sequestered from magical and non magical eavesdropping, with as few as possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:22 pm

Luna wrote:
Okay --- I still don't know what we are going back to argeneson for???
We came for into about the seals which six got.

Maybe Gareth wants more stuff?

Six of Six wrote:
We need to speak in a place sequestered from magical and non magical eavesdropping, with as few as possible.

Saala looks a little surprised and says, "These are all trusted members of the Gatekeepers, but I will speak with you privately, if you wish. As for sequestering from magical eavesdropping, unfortunately, that is more of an arcane skill than a druidic one. Nameless, can you do anything to help?"

Nameless says, "I have no dweomers prepared that are especially good for blocking magical scrutiny, but I can cast a rope trick, which will put us on a different plane altogether." At Saala's agreement, he does so, and the Angels proceed inside, followed by Saala and two of the oldest of those present.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:53 am

Admin wrote:
Nameless says, "I have no dweomers prepared that are especially good for blocking magical scrutiny, but I can cast a rope trick, which will put us on a different plane altogether." At Saala's agreement, he does so, and the Angels proceed inside, followed by Saala and two of the oldest of those present.

"Also, if we limit the speaking to those who are mind blanked and Saala limits his answers/questions to more vague ones, then we should be good from prying eyes and ears"

OOC: Julia - don't listen to Shil about Argonesson, he is trying to instigate you. The reason is to get more information and try and enlist some help from the people in the town and maybe a dragon or two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:51 am

As I remember it ... they were not particularly forthcoming and the big dragon in town said if we visit him uninvited he would eat us!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:26 am

Time to cough it up.

---
The great seals are powered by blood, lots of it. So much so that the gatekeepers waited until enough was spilled that the seals could work. This doesn't tell me how but it is a great secret that could stop this alliance before it starts. But I'm guessing you already know that. You already know how to make these seals but didn't want to touch upon how they are powered.

---
We got four months until the stars aline properly. That would be the best time to do the reenerizing of the seals. We may need another one, as the Mournland one is destroyed.

---
Old Xaggy let on that blood is the key to all powerful magic here. But since my icor was used and we have been apart of several blood cerimonites; it's not actual blood nor is it to the death of the donor. We need to find out how much blood is needed. If 10000 is needed, then 100000 giving one tenth should do. And what is the quieness of blood that is used. After all; creation forges make lifeblood from unknown sources, ebberron is supposedly the blood of Ebberron, the dragonmarked have greater concentration of power than others, somewhere there is a collector transformer that can make use of all this power lying about. So how much is needed?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:41 am

Luna wrote:
As I remember it ... they were not particularly forthcoming and the big dragon in town said if we visit him uninvited he would eat us!!

We were also told there are some dragons which are more interested in the prophecy and human affairs. We have not spoken to them.

And we still have the townsfolk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:32 pm

Gareth wrote:
Luna wrote:

We were also told there are some dragons which are more interested in the prophecy and human affairs. We have not spoken to them.

And we still have the townsfolk.

The most likely "ally" is a young dragon with the Shilsen template.

We are going to Argonessen to meet with the Chamber. From them will come acessiblity to the rest of Argonessen if it is to be had.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:51 pm

Hopefully this time the gatekeepers can manage to remember something as important as to how to work the seals!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:47 pm

Luna wrote:
Hopefully this time the gatekeepers can manage to remember something as important as to how to work the seals!!

Julia - you can hardly remember what day it is... and you expect the Gatekeepers to remember what happened 10,000 years ago?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:11 pm

The reason for gatekeepers.... the whole point of being a gatekeeper....
was /is to deal with these kind of things!!

You'd think they regard the seals as something important enough to do a lil refresher on every 100 years or so!

I just think it was very irresponsible of them!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:14 pm

Luna wrote:
The reason for gatekeepers.... the whole point of being a gatekeeper....
was /is to deal with these kind of things!!

You'd think they regard the seals as something important enough to do a lil refresher on every 100 years or so!

I just think it was very irresponsible of them!

Or because of the requirement (letting people die) they wanted to keep this knowledge very hush hush (to not instill more problems between the people) but through 10k years forgot.

I mean, think of the information lost in US history over the past 200 years - where we are just now uncovering it. Now imagine 10k years ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:17 pm

I still think as that is their main reason for being.... a person would think they would make an effort to remeber and pass down this info to other gatekeepers. They got lazy after we were severed from xoriat.

I'll have to give gurky a good talking to about it this time!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:02 pm

Six of Six wrote:
Time to cough it up.

---
The great seals are powered by blood, lots of it. So much so that the gatekeepers waited until enough was spilled that the seals could work. This doesn't tell me how but it is a great secret that could stop this alliance before it starts. But I'm guessing you already know that. You already know how to make these seals but didn't want to touch upon how they are powered.

---
We got four months until the stars aline properly. That would be the best time to do the reenerizing of the seals. We may need another one, as the Mournland one is destroyed.

---
Old Xaggy let on that blood is the key to all powerful magic here. But since my icor was used and we have been apart of several blood cerimonites; it's not actual blood nor is it to the death of the donor. We need to find out how much blood is needed. If 10000 is needed, then 100000 giving one tenth should do. And what is the quieness of blood that is used. After all; creation forges make lifeblood from unknown sources, ebberron is supposedly the blood of Ebberron, the dragonmarked have greater concentration of power than others, somewhere there is a collector transformer that can make use of all this power lying about. So how much is needed?

After Six does the first part of his explanation, Saala emits a surprised, "What?!" The other two Gatekeepers join in with questions too and it's quickly clear that they have absolutely no idea what Six is talking about. A number of questions follow, regarding every detail that Six can come up with, where he gained this information, and how certain he is of its accuracy.

OOC: Xagygyrag had explained that the power required was not so much through blood as through life energy, which would be released in/through death. So it's possible that only death will provide the 'fuel' needed.

Luna wrote:

Very Happy

Are you saying this to them in-character?

Quote :
I still think as that is their main reason for being.... a person would think they would make an effort to remeber and pass down this info to other gatekeepers. They got lazy after we were severed from xoriat.

I'll have to give gurky a good talking to about it this time!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:58 pm

Six will tell them the story. If death energy is needed then the Mournland has lots, and fresh too. It's like a humidor for souls.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:25 am

Six has such a poetic soul! drunken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:20 am

Six of Six wrote:
Six will tell them the story. If death energy is needed then the Mournland has lots, and fresh too. It's like a humidor for souls.
Thats an interesting idea, but I had the impression Shil meant - people dying now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:00 am

Six of Six wrote:

The Gatekeepers listen intently, asking a few questions. When Six finishes, after clarifying a couple of details, Saala says, her tone worried, "I will need to speak to some others about this, but I don't want this information - or theory - being shared with any others, please." She seems to be addressing the other two druids as much as the Angels, and the other Gatekeepers nod.

She continues, "I'll also see if we can verify the accuracy of this information. Perhaps by studying the seals. I'll need to speak to some of our people who have access to and are guarding them." She pauses and then smiles thinly. "Gurr'khan, for one, who will not be happy."

Then the smile disappears and Saala sighs heavily, rubbing her brow with one hand. "So tell me," she asks, addressing the Angels, "What do you plan to do next? Clearly there are many ways in which you could help with this conflict and I'm sure many across Khorvaire will make demands on your time. What do you intend?"

Luna wrote:
Six has such a poetic soul! drunken

Yes, he's quite a poet. A poet of DOOM!

Gareth wrote:
Thats an interesting idea, but I had the impression Shil meant - people dying now.

That's certainly what Xagygyrag was talking about, but maybe there are other ways of doing it. He did say that there's a release of energy at death which then disperses. The Mournland may still contain such energy. As may the Silver Flame Smile
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:12 am

Ah endless senseless killing.

Tap the Mournland or the dead souls plane for juice.
Start a warforged free state with fully operational creation forge.
Make dragonshard crystal traps that colect the death power. (Who you gonna call?)

But most likely is to wander around and fight what is in front of us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   

Back to top Go down

Xoriat Attacks
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next