Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Xoriat Attacks

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Leonis

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:32 am

[quote="Six of Six"

But most likely is to wander around and fight what is in front of us.[/quote]

Gareth responding to Saala, "While everyone is going to want us to fight their particular battle - this would be an utter waste of time. It would also mean our enemies get to learn our abilities. We will need to focus on the big picture - making plans of taking down the seals. If there is a major fight that we are absolutely needed for then we will be there, but for the most part the world needs to take care of their individual needs. It is impossible for us to fight every battle." Pausing, "We are going back to Argonesson. We need to enlist the help of the townsfolk there and meet with the dragon council."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:06 pm

Six of Six wrote:
But most likely is to wander around and fight what is in front of us.

Story of a PC's life, eh?

Gareth wrote:
Gareth responding to Saala, "While everyone is going to want us to fight their particular battle - this would be an utter waste of time. It would also mean our enemies get to learn our abilities. We will need to focus on the big picture - making plans of taking down the seals. If there is a major fight that we are absolutely needed for then we will be there, but for the most part the world needs to take care of their individual needs. It is impossible for us to fight every battle." Pausing, "We are going back to Argonesson. We need to enlist the help of the townsfolk there and meet with the dragon council."

"I see," says Saala. "I can't disagree about the potential usefulness of more information and aid from Argonessen. And I appreciate what you said about aiding in battles where you are absolutely needed. I will not call upon you unless the need is absolutely dire, of course. But you have enough power amongst the five of you to take on an army, and it would be a pity if that power wasn't brought to bear against Xoriat. And with your abilities to teleport and related abilities, you should be able to be almost anywhere in minutes, if not seconds."

She sighs and rubs her forehead again. "Thank you for the information. I wish you best of luck. Is there anything you need to know from us or any aid we can provide? Though, in this situation and with your current status, I'm not sure we can do anything for you beyond offering our gratitude."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Six of Six

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:23 pm

Admin wrote:
Six of Six wrote:
But most likely is to wander around and fight what is in front of us.

Story of a PC's life, eh?

just here mostly
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:46 am

Six of Six wrote:
just here mostly

Really? Maybe it's just me but I see that happen in most games I've been involved with, whichever side of the screen I may be.
Back to top Go down
Luna

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2006-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:37 pm

Is there anyone else that can go to argeneson to ask for aid?
Someone who they would be more likely to listen to?
Some dragon-tattoo cult people or something?

Seems like a waste to have us go to make negotiations when there are others who are more capible on the score -- and we are fighters!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:06 pm

Luna wrote:

Seems like a waste to have us go to make negotiations when there are others who are more capible on the score -- and we are fighters!

We are more then just fighters. This is not a hack-n-slash campaign - we roleplay.

And to be honest I doubt there are many people who are as qualified as us. We are extremely powerful, and we are a decent sized group. And the most important thing - we are the PCs so we are left to do everything "Bring me the ancient golden broach of ultimate power. Your reward, 5 gold"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:10 pm

well - you're the negotiator...

but nameless, korm, and luna are none of us politicans!
and the dragons don't seem to have an respect for us at all.
maybe an embesary from a sect they might have heard of.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:23 pm

Luna wrote:

Are you asking me or is Luna asking the Gatekeepers?

Thus far, from what you've seen, the dragons in Argonnessen have a lot of variance in their interest (or lack thereof) in Khorvaire, so it's unlikely that anyone else would make more of an impact. Unless you sent some dragonmarked people to Khesavuthir, since Xagygyrag seems to enjoy sacrificing & eating them.

Gareth wrote:
We are more then just fighters. This is not a hack-n-slash campaign - we roleplay.

Says the guy who refused to go back to Io'lokar since you might have to talk to people Razz

Quote :
And to be honest I doubt there are many people who are as qualified as us. We are extremely powerful, and we are a decent sized group. And the most important thing - we are the PCs so we are left to do everything "Bring me the ancient golden broach of ultimate power. Your reward, 5 gold"

"Oh, you died and lost your equipment? Here, have a 17,000+ suit of armor for free." tongue

And remember, the evil guys pick up the slack for rewarding you in this campaign. Like Mordain, the kindest, bestest, nicest f(r)iend you ever had...

Luna wrote:
well - you're the negotiator...

but nameless, korm, and luna are none of us politicans!
and the dragons don't seem to have an respect for us at all.
maybe an embesary from a sect they might have heard of.

The dragons mostly have no real interest in Khorvaire, so the Gatekeepers or dragonmarked houses probably wouldn't make much difference. The black dragon Vvaraak founded the Gatekeepers, but only after she left Argonnessen, apparently against the will of the dragon Conclave.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:29 pm

Admin wrote:

Says the guy who refused to go back to Io'lokar since you might have to talk to people Razz

Pfft coming from the guy who didnt want to spend an entire game session in town talking to people (we spent almost the entire session). We would have spent more if Dave had his way - probably be there for another two - three months RW time. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:12 pm

God i hate have negotiations with people / dragons and trying to get them to do stuff!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:53 pm

Gareth wrote:
Admin wrote:

Pfft coming from the guy who didnt want to spend an entire game session in town talking to people (we spent almost the entire session). We would have spent more if Dave had his way - probably be there for another two - three months RW time. Smile

It's laborous and tedious but like homework it has to be done. Otherwise you attack the encounters out of turn and lose your head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:21 am

Luna wrote:
God i hate having to do anything with people / dragons and trying to get them to do stuff that doesn't involve my house, jewelry, sex life, or my money!

fix't
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:08 am

Well yea!!! :-) Course!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:02 pm

Julia, you didn't answer my question - is Luna suggesting to the Gatekeepers that they send someone else to Argonnessen?
Back to top Go down
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:38 pm

Yes indeedy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:14 pm

Luna wrote:
Yes indeedy!

Saala looks a little surprised at the suggestion. After a couple of moments of thought, she says, "I'm not really sure what sort of help we could provide in this regard. From all that you've told us, Argonnessen is incredibly dangerous, so anyone we send with you would be at great risk. And we need the most skilled and powerful of our people here. Especially since I don't think the dragons would care any the more about any of us than they would about your opinions. But if you wish, I will try to find someone who is willing to make the journey with you." She looks around the group. "Are you certain that's what you want?"
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:23 pm

Admin wrote:
Saala looks a little surprised at the suggestion. After a couple of moments of thought, she says, "I'm not really sure what sort of help we could provide in this regard. From all that you've told us, Argonnessen is incredibly dangerous, so anyone we send with you would be at great risk. And we need the most skilled and powerful of our people here. Especially since I don't think the dragons would care any the more about any of us than they would about your opinions. But if you wish, I will try to find someone who is willing to make the journey with you." She looks around the group. "Are you certain that's what you want?"

Raising a hand to put Saala at ease, "Saala, I think you are correct in your assessment that anyone you send - especially alone - would be in terrible danger." Looking at Luna, "As we have seen the dragons tend to give at least pause due to the dragonmarks Nameless and I carry and as such this may buy us time when speaking with the dragons. There is nobody on this planet that I would want to do what we have to do - while extremely dangerous - we are as a group the most powerful in Eberron. Alone we stand no chance, but together we stand a decent chance." Turning back to Saala, "We will be going to Argonesson, and no we do not need any accompaniment. If you happen to have any scrolls, potions, or magic items that may help us in our travels then that would be more then sufficient - and if you do not, then that is no worries. I only ask because our last few battles in Argonesson have not returned any significant treasure to replenish our supplies. But, as always, we will go either way."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:56 pm

Gareth wrote:
Raising a hand to put Saala at ease, "Saala, I think you are correct in your assessment that anyone you send - especially alone - would be in terrible danger." Looking at Luna, "As we have seen the dragons tend to give at least pause due to the dragonmarks Nameless and I carry and as such this may buy us time when speaking with the dragons. There is nobody on this planet that I would want to do what we have to do - while extremely dangerous - we are as a group the most powerful in Eberron. Alone we stand no chance, but together we stand a decent chance." Turning back to Saala, "We will be going to Argonesson, and no we do not need any accompaniment. If you happen to have any scrolls, potions, or magic items that may help us in our travels then that would be more then sufficient - and if you do not, then that is no worries. I only ask because our last few battles in Argonesson have not returned any significant treasure to replenish our supplies. But, as always, we will go either way."

Saala bows and says, "Thank you. Unfortunately, we have no magical supplies to provide you, partly because our scattered nature means that we normally only have much as the individual Gatekeeper uses, and partly because our resources will all be needed for this conflict. But I will see if we can do something for you. Some of our most powerful members will be attempting a number of druidic rituals to prepare and aid us in the battles to come. They take at least a day and perhaps more to do, so they cannot aid you immediately. I will let you know when they commence and see if you have time and opportunity to be involved in them and gain their benefits."

"Is there anything else? And will you be staying here or leaving today?"
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:07 pm

Admin wrote:
"Is there anything else? And will you be staying here or leaving today?"

"That all depends on the spells we have left, as far as teleportation, and any other preparations we need" OOC: That means I am asking the group Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:13 pm

Gareth wrote:
"That all depends on the spells we have left, as far as teleportation, and any other preparations we need" OOC: That means I am asking the group Smile

Luna and Korm have their Master Earth spells, so they can get you anywhere you've been before, and Nameless has a Teleport and Greater Teleport left.

Where do you plan to go? Argonnessen right now, or save that for the next morning, when you've recovered all your spells (this is the same day as the fight at the meeting)? Sharn? Karrnath? Anywhere else?
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:20 pm

Admin wrote:
Where do you plan to go? Argonnessen right now, or save that for the next morning, when you've recovered all your spells (this is the same day as the fight at the meeting)? Sharn? Karrnath? Anywhere else?

Sharn to check up on stuff + to get supplies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:37 am

Gareth wrote:
Sharn to check up on stuff + to get supplies.

*backs away from the computer before Luna starts yelling*
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:44 am

Admin wrote:
*backs away from the computer before Luna starts yelling*

This will give Luna a chance to find out about us selling the orb. Thats good stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:49 pm

The Angels arrive in the Gray House, to find things much as usual. Fett greets them shortly after their arrival. "How is everything with you?" he asks. "Not very much to report here, but we're hearing rumors of some strange creatures attacking here and there." He looks curiously at the Angels. "Did you have something to do with that?"
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:07 pm

Admin wrote:
The Angels arrive in the Gray House, to find things much as usual. Fett greets them shortly after their arrival. "How is everything with you?" he asks. "Not very much to report here, but we're hearing rumors of some strange creatures attacking here and there." He looks curiously at the Angels. "Did you have something to do with that?"

Greeting Fett, "Does it matter if we are responsible? People will most assuredly blame us for all the bad and all the good that happens on this planet - all we can do is try to minimize the bad and maximize the good." Putting his things down, "How are things here? Is there anything new to report?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   

Back to top Go down

Xoriat Attacks
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next