Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Xoriat Attacks

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:55 pm

Gareth wrote:
Greeting Fett, "Does it matter if we are responsible? People will most assuredly blame us for all the bad and all the good that happens on this planet - all we can do is try to minimize the bad and maximize the good." Putting his things down, "How are things here? Is there anything new to report?"

Fett chuckles. "I know, but it does seem that you are all involved whenever something newsworthy happens recently. But no, nothing of particular interest going on in Sharn right now. Long Shadows is starting tomorrow, as you know, but that's about it, and it rarely causes any trouble in Sharn."

OOC: Long Shadows is the 3-day long festival of the Shadow (CE deity of dark magic and the corruption of nature) from 26-28 Vult, during which minions of darkness attempt to create some extra mayhem in worship of their god.

Besides disposing of the crystal ball, is there anything else you want to take care of in Sharn?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Leonis

Number of posts : 746

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:58 pm

Admin wrote:
Fett chuckles. "I know, but it does seem that you are all involved whenever something newsworthy happens recently. But no, nothing of particular interest going on in Sharn right now. Long Shadows is starting tomorrow, as you know, but that's about it, and it rarely causes any trouble in Sharn."

Grinning, "You are probably right. This holiday is wrong, but it should not be a concern - at least not for us."

Gareth will visit Lalia. Let me know how much money he has after the crystal ball. Gareth needs to do a little shopping - not much, but maybe he can get something (e.g necklace of adaptation)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:22 pm

Go get the aberation chain. Go see the warforged group in Sharn. See if how investments are doing and start replacing the scrolls.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:18 pm

Gareth wrote:
Gareth will visit Lalia.

Lalia is in town and mildly surprised (and quite happy) to see Gareth. She asks him what he's been up to.

Quote :
Let me know how much money he has after the crystal ball. Gareth needs to do a little shopping - not much, but maybe he can get something (e.g necklace of adaptation)

After having disposed of the crystal ball, which the Esoteric Order of Aureon purchases, and taking into account the other cash you have, you currently have 10,000 gp each. A necklace of adaptation is 9k, so you can get one.

Six wrote:
Go get the aberation chain. Go see the warforged group in Sharn. See if how investments are doing and start replacing the scrolls.

Six gets the aberration chain. As I think I'd mentioned earlier, I'm treating his investments (of which there really isn't scope for that much) as being the reason he gets it essentially for free.

Is there anything particular he wishes to discuss with the warforged?
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:26 pm

Admin wrote:
Lalia is in town and mildly surprised (and quite happy) to see Gareth. She asks him what he's been up to.

Gareth spends some time with Lalia discussing his adventures - though not stating everything - but including information about his death [ooc: gotta get that girlie sympathy]. He informs Lalia of his future trip back to Argonesson to continue with his fact finding mission.

Gareth also asks Lalia if she has reconsidered the marriage proposal.

Gareth purchases a necklace of adaptation. Bring on the cloudkills and force cages Very Happy

Nameless to monster "There is some bad news and some good news for you; which do you want first"
Monster replies "The bad news"
Nameless" The bad news is your in a forcecage with Luna, Gareth and Korm."
The monster says "And what is the good news"
Nameless smiles "I'm casting a cloudkill on you, they are immune, you are not. I lied about the good news"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:23 pm

You need to specify which monster.

Tall to Smith(?) about the harnesses and what is happening with them. Has there been any news? Tell him about the enclave in the Mournlands.

If he asks I'll speak about the creation forge.

There seems to be priests of the Lord of Blades, but I don't believe they can use the forge. They are completely distrustfull of non warforged and warforged that work with Cannith. This assumes he asks about the forge.

A war with the abberations of Xoriat is here. This will present mercenaries great opportunities. Spread the word no one should trade their services cheap.

If he has an idea of what was going on in the Mournland Six will fill him in. If not Six won't bring it up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:28 pm

Six of Six wrote:
A war with the abberations of Xoriat is here. This will present mercenaries great opportunities. Spread the word no one should trade their services cheap.

Hold on there. Can we recap what the group agreed with with respect to telling the masses about an attack for Xoriat? So lets hold off on this bit just for a little - mass hysteria. I am shocked Six would go from secrets to lets tell everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:12 pm

Gareth wrote:
Six of Six wrote:

Hold on there. Can we recap what the group agreed with with respect to telling the masses about an attack for Xoriat? So lets hold off on this bit just for a little - mass hysteria. I am shocked Six would go from secrets to lets tell everyone.

Review the aftermath of the attack on the delagates, that is read what SHIL wrote. All of Khorvaire knows already.
The Secret that needs to be kept is "blood" poweres the seals. If known; the goblinoids might want a word with the gatekeepers and many would rather live with a tentacle than die to prevent someone else from getting one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:57 pm

Six of Six wrote:

Review the aftermath of the attack on the delagates, that is read what SHIL wrote. All of Khorvaire knows already.
The Secret that needs to be kept is "blood" poweres the seals. If known; the goblinoids might want a word with the gatekeepers and many would rather live with a tentacle than die to prevent someone else from getting one.

No need for me to review. As long as you are sure that we said we are going to tell the world of Xoriat then I am OK with the telling. I swore the people at the conference were all sworn to secrecy. Shil would you confirm please?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:32 am

Gareth wrote:
No need for me to review. As long as you are sure that we said we are going to tell the world of Xoriat then I am OK with the telling. I swore the people at the conference were all sworn to secrecy. Shil would you confirm please?

To be precise, the monarchs (esp. Boranel) said that they need to inform the people of their countries - and all Khorvaire - about the threat so that they can be prepared to deal with it.

However, from what Fett has said, they have not announced anything yet, which is understandable since it's only been a few hours since the conference.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:54 am

Admin wrote:
However, from what Fett has said, they have not announced anything yet, which is understandable since it's only been a few hours since the conference.

Then given that, I say we let the leaders announce the problem.
1) They are better at diplomacy then we are (we will most likely start mass hysteria and rioting when we say the end of the world is coming and luna is behind us howling at the moon)
2) If we say it people will associate us with it and blame us. Six - you are always advocating anonymity - this is one of those times where we really don't want to be associated with the bad news (cause someone will want to kill the messenger).

Let the leaders of their countries do the talking on this case. Agreed?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:26 pm

Out, In and to the side of Character

Six is going to speak with Smith about what is happening. He will let you know where he's going but not real big on the details, warforged issuses. This isn't talking to everyone, but to the most prominent about issuses directly affecting them. I won't be holding a press conference, but you should tell Fett.

Aside from our close assoiciates, there is little reason for anyone to believe anything we say. It has been less than a year of game time. We have not done a great deal in the public eye. Most of the bizzare stuff we do deals with forgotten lore. We could all wear placards saying "Xoriat is Coming!" and we might get a few glalifars in a cup. But this is moot as Xoriat is here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:32 pm

Six of Six wrote:
Aside from our close assoiciates, there is little reason for anyone to believe anything we say. It has been less than a year of game time. We have not done a great deal in the public eye. Most of the bizzare stuff we do deals with forgotten lore. We could all wear placards saying "Xoriat is Coming!" and we might get a few glalifars in a cup. But this is moot as Xoriat is here.

It may be less then a year in game time, but we are very well known - people know of our power either because they witnessed it or have read about it. It doesn't take much to start mass hysteria.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:00 pm

Gareth wrote:
It may be less then a year in game time, but we are very well known - people know of our power either because they witnessed it or have read about it. It doesn't take much to start mass hysteria.

Dave/Six's correct here. You guys are like famous celebrities who happen to have lots of weapons and magic. You guys may be well known and powerful, but that doesn't mean people are necessarily going to trust your judgement, especially if you make kooky claims about some plane of madness (which, remember, the vast majority of people have never even heard of) coming to Khorvaire. The standard response from people who don't know you well would be, "Crazy adventurers!"
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:03 pm

Admin wrote:
Dave/Six's correct here. You guys are like famous celebrities who happen to have lots of weapons and magic. You guys may be well known and powerful, but that doesn't mean people are necessarily going to trust your judgement, especially if you make kooky claims about some plane of madness (which, remember, the vast majority of people have never even heard of) coming to Khorvaire. The standard response from people who don't know you well would be, "Crazy adventurers!"

Except they all know about us (at least anyone who reads the paper). And I am not worried about EVERYONE getting stupid - I am worried about a small group of people doing so. It doesn't take many bad apples...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:09 pm

Gareth wrote:
Except they all know about us (at least anyone who reads the paper). And I am not worried about EVERYONE getting stupid - I am worried about a small group of people doing so. It doesn't take many bad apples...

I said "people who don't know you well". And people who've just read about you in the newspaper don't know you well, as individuals. They know you like you (Avi) know Paris Hilton. Even less, in fact, since the coverage of your PCs' lives is much less detailed than a standard Hollywood celebrity's, and they've never seen you the way we see people on TV.
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:18 pm

Admin wrote:
Gareth wrote:

I said "people who don't know you well". And people who've just read about you in the newspaper don't know you well, as individuals. They know you like you (Avi) know Paris Hilton. Even less, in fact, since the coverage of your PCs' lives is much less detailed than a standard Hollywood celebrity's, and they've never seen you the way we see people on TV.

Besides Tales of the Guardian Angels is in the quirkies section, followed by the lottery. Section D headlines: Blind drunk skycab driver causes havoc, Guardian Angels defeat Raja, Big Number is 3-8-23-53.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Thu May 01, 2008 6:00 pm

Gareth wrote:
Gareth spends some time with Lalia discussing his adventures - though not stating everything - but including information about his death [ooc: gotta get that girlie sympathy]. He informs Lalia of his future trip back to Argonesson to continue with his fact finding mission.

Gareth also asks Lalia if she has reconsidered the marriage proposal.

Lalia, unsurprisingly, is just a little horrified at Gareth having managed to get himself killed while he was away and he gets to enjoy the combination of lots of hugging and kissing, followed by being smacked quite solidly over the head and yelled at for not taking care of himself, followed by more hugging and kissing, followed by more smacking.

When he mentions the return to Argonnessen, she asks, "Are you sure that's a good idea? You've already got into enough trouble while there, and maybe your skills are better used here."

When he mentions the proposal, Lalia looks surprised and then says slowly, "I have ... considered it again more than once, but given the current ... situation, do you think that's something you really want to offer me? Shouldn't you be focusing on more, well, important things?" She looks at him curiously. Gareth gets the impression that there's a specific answer she's looking for, but he can't be certain what it is.

Quote :
Gareth purchases a necklace of adaptation. Bring on the cloudkills and force cages Very Happy

Nameless to monster "There is some bad news and some good news for you; which do you want first"
Monster replies "The bad news"
Nameless" The bad news is your in a forcecage with Luna, Gareth and Korm."
The monster says "And what is the good news"
Nameless smiles "I'm casting a cloudkill on you, they are immune, you are not. I lied about the good news"

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Six of Six wrote:
You need to specify which monster.

Tall to Smith(?) about the harnesses and what is happening with them. Has there been any news? Tell him about the enclave in the Mournlands.

If he asks I'll speak about the creation forge.

There seems to be priests of the Lord of Blades, but I don't believe they can use the forge. They are completely distrustfull of non warforged and warforged that work with Cannith. This assumes he asks about the forge.

Smith has no news about the harnesses, other than the fact that House Cannith has ceased offering them to warforged. There has been no news of them succeeding at removing the harnesses from existing warforged.

Smith is very interested in the Mournland warforged and has many questions, including about the forge, and especially about Six's opinion about them.

But the interest is quickly replaced by curiosity about the war with Xoriat, which he has even more questions about once Six mentions it. When it comes to the issue of mercenaries, he says a trifle dourly, "So you think the nations will want to make substantial use of the warforged as troops again? Do you think it is a good idea for our people to be involved? Or will they even have a choice?"

Quote :
If he has an idea of what was going on in the Mournland Six will fill him in. If not Six won't bring it up.

Do you mean with the warforged, or with the portal from Xoriat?
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Thu May 01, 2008 6:39 pm

Admin wrote:

Quote :

Do you mean with the warforged, or with the portal from Xoriat?

You answered this in the above post. I had forgotten how much Smith knew about the Mournland warforged, as did he suspect they had a forge. I believe he was the one who told me about the enclave, but I didn't remember the details.

As far as warforged joining in the war.

We will be pressed into service again. This will be a desperate struggle, but within it lies opportunities for concrete gains, lands, autonomity. One of my commades goes on about a pirate warforged nation, (laugh) but seafaring might be a good set of skills to have communaly. Well just musings. Just note, the harnesses give great power at great cost. Aside from the enhancement boost, the quroi are very powerfull. Some might think to bargain with the quroi in the tough times ahead. Some who do so won't be warforged.
BTW if you come up with another name than warforged let me know. It gives people the wrong impression.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Thu May 01, 2008 11:20 pm

Admin wrote:
When he mentions the return to Argonnessen, she asks, "Are you sure that's a good idea? You've already got into enough trouble while there, and maybe your skills are better used here."

Being a bit embarassed by all of the kissing, "No I am not sure, but we need extra help and the people and creatures that live in Argonessen are far more powerful then we have here. They would be an invaluable asset. Gaining allies, for the long run, would be much better then just proceeding into battle after battle. Small victories will not scare Xoriat into retreat - but a decisive victory in a major battle will make them think twice.

Admin wrote:
When he mentions the proposal, Lalia looks surprised and then says slowly, "I have ... considered it again more than once, but given the current ... situation, do you think that's something you really want to offer me? Shouldn't you be focusing on more, well, important things?" She looks at him curiously. Gareth gets the impression that there's a specific answer she's looking for, but he can't be certain what it is.

"I have thought about it for a long time, and it is something I want to offer you with all of my heart. Marriage does not mean I will be placed into confinement and not allowed to proceed with my work. Just like you will still be a Sentinel Marshall of House Deneith, I will still be a Guardian Angel. Once this war is over, we will be able to resume a more normal life - and who knows - now that I have a Sibrys Mark of the Sentinel I may become eligible to be a full blown member of the house." Pausing, "So to answer your question - due to our lives there may never be a suitable time, by normal standards. However, you are the person I wish to be with."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   Fri May 02, 2008 8:37 pm

We'll handle the responses from Lalia and Smith at the game.

See you guys tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xoriat Attacks   

Back to top Go down

Xoriat Attacks
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4