Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Interview with a Black Dragon

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Leonis

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Interview with a Black Dragon   Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:56 pm

So Gareth wants to speak to the black dragon about Kizmet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Interview process   Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:03 pm

Well she thinks you are pretty. You know what you have to do. Close your eyes and think of Kismet and the Silver Flame. (Cue music.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Interview with a Black Dragon   Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:22 pm

Dave W wrote:
Well she thinks you are pretty. You know what you have to do. Close your eyes and think of Kismet and the Silver Flame. (Cue music.)

20 Charisma FTW.

I wonder, as my wedding gift, will she be willing to take Six and compress him to miniature size so I could place him on my mantle piece?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299

PostSubject: Re: Interview with a Black Dragon   Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:35 pm

You guys are wrong! Funny, but oh-so-wrong!

Now, back to IC stuff:

Saala spends the better part of an hour going over every detail that you can give her of the fight with the rakshasas. On the issue of the spellcasting versatility of the caster, she says, "I have never fought a rakshasa myself - well, not till today - but I have heard that some of them have the ability to cast spells that arcanists, which is what rakshasa spellcasters invairably are, normally cannot."

"It seems," she adds a little gloomily, "That this one can do that. In theory, that is because much of magic was discovered or invented by their predecessors and the dragons ages ago, so they can craft it as the more mortal races cannot." [OOC: The PC spellcasters would have noted that when the rakshasa cast Greater Command and Harm, they were arcane spells. Which they normally shouldn't be.]

It is clear to the more perceptive of you that Saala is significantly worried about what has happened and keeping a very tight hold on her emotions while deciding what should be done. After discussing the spellcasting, she asks you to excuse her while she speaks to Thlie and Gurr'khan (who seems more angry than upset).

After about half an hour, the three rejoin you and Saala says, "We have discussed the situation and I think you should go after them right now. The spellcaster clearly used a significant amount of magic in the battle, and if he had moe dangerous magic, I'm sure he'd have used them against you. All of you, especially in combination, have much more resources left. And they presumably don't know that you have some lingering directional link to the Key and can follow them with Gurr'khan's help. I don't want to take the risk of them placing the Key in some sort of extradimensional storage and losing the link, especially since I don't know how long it will last."

She looks at Gurr'khan, who nods, and continues, "Since Nameless has some idea of the general distance, Gurr'khan can transport you all as close to it as possible. And then, hopefully, you can track them down using the link."

Saala takes a deep breath and looks around at all of you one by one. "I know I'm asking for a lot from you, but consider what this can mean to and for Khorvaire. Will you do this? I will repay you as I can."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Nameless

Number of posts : 307

PostSubject: Re: Interview with a Black Dragon   Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:34 pm

I will do what I must to keep the Shard safe. If you can get us within striking distance of them, I will go after them even if it is on my own.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Interview with a Black Dragon   Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:03 pm

Nameless wrote:
I will do what I must to keep the Shard safe. If you can get us within striking distance of them, I will go after them even if it is on my own.

You all hear Gurr'khan mutter, just loud enough to be heard, "Crazy summoner of tentacled monstrosities 1 - paladin 0."

Saala's lips twitch at the comment, but then she looks at Nameless and says seriously, "Thank you. You have my gratitude." She looks at the rest of you. "Will you help too?"
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Interview with a Black Dragon   Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:22 am

OOC: Wait, Nameless running off on his own. Probably dying. Paladins around the world 10, Nameless -10 w00t!. Gareth stands there "go on, go big boy" Wink

IC:

Pulling out Kizmet, "If you know where the shard is, then let us go. Are you going to teleport us in directly next to them or will we have time to prep up after the casting"

OOC: IF we are going to teleport right into a fight then Gareth will prep some spells right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Interview with a Black Dragon   Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:43 pm

Gareth wrote:
OOC: Wait, Nameless running off on his own. Probably dying. Paladins around the world 10, Nameless -10 w00t!. Gareth stands there "go on, go big boy" Wink

Aha! Long-term thinking!

Quote :
IC:

Pulling out Kizmet, "If you know where the shard is, then let us go. Are you going to teleport us in directly next to them or will we have time to prep up after the casting"

OOC: IF we are going to teleport right into a fight then Gareth will prep some spells right now.

Saala looks at Gurr'khan, as if waiting for him to answer, and he shakes his head. "The best that we can do is show up in the general area. I'll transport us to a tree 700 miles away, and when we emerge, we can pick up the direction again ... I mean you people can ... and then try to find it."

"Also, I can't transport all of you right now. A little shrinking has to happen. Can you do that, Nameless?"

When Nameless says that he does not have such a spell ready [OOC: I presume Nameless hasn't prepped Reduce Person], Gurr'khan digs out the same carved stone he gave Luna to re-prepare a reincarnate and gives it to Nameless, saying, "You can use this to do so."

Nameless settles down to prepare the spell, using up some of his existing spell energy to do so [OOC: He can replace a prepared spell with a new one, using up another slot of the same level or higher]. Once he has two reduce person spells ready, he can use them on two of his allies to fit within Gurr'khan's capacity.

While Nameless is preparing, Saala says to Gurr'khan, "I hope this situation will end today, but if it takes longer, leave them to pursue and return to me tomorrow and let me know what has occurred. I will wait here for 24 hrs but will then head south to Zarash'ak to check on other resources.

Once Nameless is ready, she addresses the group. "Thank you again. Is there any other way I can help before you leave?"

Some character info and a little restructuring of what happened before:

The Key is approximately 700 miles away, not 900 as I'd originally said. It's the same general area on the Eberron map, but I checked and that's closer than I thought.

Also, Nameless would get a very general idea of the distance and it would take a long time. I was looking at the distance and thinking about how much distance he'd need to cover for triangulation purposes, and it would take much longer than I figured. To pick up even a 0.5 degree deviation at 700 miles, he'd need to fly east or west for an hour, and he'd need at least that to calculate the distance. The entire process would have taken 2 hrs after the fight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interview with a Black Dragon   

Back to top Go down

Interview with a Black Dragon
Page 1 of 1