Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

After hunting Kallionaxis

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: After hunting Kallionaxis   Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:38 pm

Here's what you found on Kallionaxis after killing her (I'm not including things taken by Honar or Prine. They'd mostly end up with the stuff useless to you, like stat boosters):

Dusty Rose Prism Ioun Stone (5k)
Ring of Counterspells (6k)
Ring of Evasion (25k)
Greater Iron Ward Diamond (8k)
Greater Crystal of Life Drinking (6k)

I included the price in brackets, in case anyone was interested. The first three items are from the DMG. The last two are from the Magic Item Compendium.

In case you don't have that, the Greater Iron Ward diamond needs to be attached to a suit of heavy armor and provides DR 5/- to the wearer. It can absorb a max of 50 pts per day. The Greater Crystal of Life Drinking has to be affixed to a weapon and heals 5 hp damage to the user whenever it hits a living creature, to a max of 50 hp per day. I'm using a house rule that a weapon or armor crystal needs 24 hrs of attunement to a particular weapon or armor (during which time it must stay attached) for it to work, and becomes unattuned when removed, so you can only use one weapon crystal with a given weapon and one armor crystal with a given suit of armor a day.

Let me know who's taking what. I'll post some info about the things found in the dragon's lair later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Six of Six

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: After hunting Kallionaxis   Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:49 pm

Let's go attack the other dragon. We let it be known Kallionaxis is dead. Then when Aarazthousrus comes to claim prizes we attack his divided forces. Grrr!*

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nameless

Number of posts : 307

PostSubject: Re: After hunting Kallionaxis   Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:17 am

Gareth the two rings.

Korm the crystal of life drinking.

Nameless the Ioun Stone.

Six the Iron ward.

Six of Six wrote:
Let's go attack the other dragon. We let it be known Kallionaxis is dead. Then when Aarazthousrus comes to claim prizes we attack his divided forces. Grrr!*[/spoiler]

I though we agreed. No more Shil special dragons. Anyone brings up some sort of caster dragon and we all run in the other direction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: After hunting Kallionaxis   Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:08 am

Nameless wrote:
Gareth the two rings.

Korm the crystal of life drinking.

Nameless the Ioun Stone.

Six the Iron ward.

Six of Six wrote:
Let's go attack the other dragon. We let it be known Kallionaxis is dead. Then when Aarazthousrus comes to claim prizes we attack his divided forces. Grrr!*[/spoiler]

I though we agreed. No more Shil special dragons. Anyone brings up some sort of caster dragon and we all run in the other direction.

The Iron Ward requires heavy armor. Gareth is the only one among us that uses that. I'm saving for a ring of telekinesis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

Number of posts : 746

PostSubject: Re: After hunting Kallionaxis   Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:14 pm

Ring of Counterspells (6k)
Ring of Evasion (25k)
Greater Iron Ward Diamond (8k)

I will add these to my inventory.

As far as the other dragon - i am down for it - i think this last dragon we beat was the caster dragon.

Shil - what about dragon armor - Smile What can I do with this skin, and who can i give it to in illokar? How long to make it? If it could be +1 of medium protection (like my current armor) + calling that owuld be great.
I believe i can also muster a shield from it? +1 shield?
Avi
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nameless

PostSubject: Re: After hunting Kallionaxis   Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:37 pm

Gareth wrote:
As far as the other dragon - i am down for it - i think this last dragon we beat was the caster dragon.

Shil took mercy on us with that last dragon. I suspect mostly because it was supposed to be an excuse to give us some interesting magic items.

The best we could have hoped for given how things were going was a draw. We might have been able to do better round 2, but the dragon would also have been more ready for us as well. Things didn't exactly improve for us with round 2 against Xaggy and this dragon was a better caster than he was.

The other dragon shouldn't be as bad as this one was, but I think you're all kidding yourselves if you think he's going to be a pushover.

Gareth wrote:
Shil - what about dragon armor - Smile What can I do with this skin, and who can i give it to in illokar? How long to make it? If it could be +1 of medium protection (like my current armor) + calling that owuld be great.
I believe i can also muster a shield from it? +1 shield?
Avi

Sure you'll be able to get that done in 6 months game time. Or about another 2+ years IRL.

Shil, I'm thinking the time has come for Nameless to permanency a "See Invis" on himself.

Last edited by Nameless on Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: After hunting Kallionaxis   Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:01 pm

Yea hopefully it won't take that long, but we will see.

Shil - can i shift the crafter of the armor to a plane that speeds time up Smile That way 6 months there is 1 hour here? Smile

John - Can you perm see invis on other people?

Avi
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nameless

PostSubject: Re: After hunting Kallionaxis   Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:12 pm

Gareth wrote:
John - Can you perm see invis on other people?

Avi

Nope. Here's the list and the cost to NAMELESS.

http://srd.plush.org/spellsPtoR.html#permanency

Spell Minimum Caster Level XP Cost
Enlarge person 9th 500 XP
Magic fang 9th 500 XP
Magic fang, greater 11th 1,500 XP
Reduce person 9th 500 XP
Resistance 9th 500 XP
Telepathic bond 13th 2,500 XP
*Per person bonded
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: After hunting Kallionaxis   Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:44 pm

I want to get three permanency scrolls to put comprehend languages, tongues, and see invisible on Six.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: After hunting Kallionaxis   Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:48 pm

How much would those three be? If not too bad I would like to get those also.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nameless

PostSubject: Re: After hunting Kallionaxis   Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:57 pm

Six of Six wrote:
I want to get three permanency scrolls to put comprehend languages, tongues, and see invisible on Six.

Well that depends on what Shil rules about the XP expenditure. If it's just me writing the scrolls and you burning the XP for the permanancy. Then fine.

Gareth wrote:
How much would those three be? If not too bad I would like to get those also.

Not unless you can somehow use arcane scrolls or do UMD. Six can, you can't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: After hunting Kallionaxis   Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:59 am

Nameless wrote:

Well that depends on what Shil rules about the XP expenditure. If it's just me writing the scrolls and you burning the XP for the permanancy. Then fine.

Unless there is some benefit from a high level caster, I would rather get the scrolls from the outside. If Nameless is going to scribe scrolls, it should be those spells where caster level matters deeply.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nameless

PostSubject: Re: After hunting Kallionaxis   Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:40 pm

Six of Six wrote:
Nameless wrote:

Unless there is some benefit from a high level caster, I would rather get the scrolls from the outside. If Nameless is going to scribe scrolls, it should be those spells where caster level matters deeply.

Scribing the scrolls is a trivial expenditure of XP and he can do them at minimum caster level, it doesn't have to be done at his full level. Shil has let us do those in the evenings. So it doesn't "cut into" our adventuring time.

The caster level of the Permanency though can be relevant. Stricktly speaking under the rules, a Permanency can be dispelled like any other spell. So caster level is relevant to resisting that. Shil has changed this so it would only be supressed or need to be recast (without burning the XP a second time).

It's only Nameless who's had anything and it's just the Arcane sight, so it's never really come up so far, but if we start having a lot of them, then he'll probably pay more attention to it.

Trillia is high enough to cast permanency, so you could get scrolls from her though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: After hunting Kallionaxis   Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:37 pm

I think shil was making our permanency non-dispellable on a perm basis. So if it does get dispelled it is only for the duration of the spell. Otherwise perm is kind of worthless as dispels get hurled around 24/7.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After hunting Kallionaxis   

Back to top Go down

After hunting Kallionaxis
Page 1 of 1