Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Characters

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Characters   Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:58 pm

This is for any character-related stuff, whether discussing what class(es) you might want to play, post the possible character concepts you have, raise any questions you have, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Rowan

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2006-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:38 pm

If it's okay with Shil and the rest of the group, I'd like to play a gnome fey warlock. I love Eberron's gnomes, and the idea of a gnomish journalist traipsing through the jungle to get a good story sounds like too much fun to pass up. Plus, fey warlocks have tons of nasty deceits and tricks up their sleeves, which is a natural fit for gnome's (well-deserved) reputation as charming and conniving little sh*ts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luna

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2006-09-21

PostSubject: Do Clerics attack as well?   Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:44 pm

If so... then I'll proably play a cleric.
Unless it's too much like a warlord... and other people want to play those.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:50 pm

Korm'akhan wrote:
If it's okay with Shil and the rest of the group, I'd like to play a gnome fey warlock.

Fine by me.

Quote :
I love Eberron's gnomes, and the idea of a gnomish journalist traipsing through the jungle to get a good story sounds like too much fun to pass up. Plus, fey warlocks have tons of nasty deceits and tricks up their sleeves, which is a natural fit for gnome's (well-deserved) reputation as charming and conniving little sh*ts.

Hah! I really like it!

Luna wrote:
If so... then I'll proably play a cleric.
Unless it's too much like a warlord... and other people want to play those.

There's enough variation between clerics and warlords that you could have both in a party and add very different things.

BTW, they made the 4e cleric for your approach to healing, Julia. You can hit things and heal your allies at the same time!
Back to top Go down
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:04 pm

Here's my character. I haven't decided on a name yet, and I'll write more background later, after I've thought through the details more.

I've used the gnome racial abilities from PHII, which were recently revealed in D&DXP character sheets. If you'd prefer that I used the MM version, let me know.

Mr. Cassius (Gaius Aurelius "Spartacus" Cassius)
Gnome Warlock (Fey Pact) 2
Str 13, Con 11, Dex 12, Int 16, Wis 8, Cha 19.
Speed 5. Initiative +2 (+4 with Scipio)
HP 28 (Bloodied 14), Healing surges 6 (7 hp)
AC 17, Fort 12, Ref 15, Will 16.

Feats: Improved Misty Step, Soldier of the Faith
Skills: Arcana +11, Bluff +10, Diplomacy +10, Stealth +9, Streetwise +10
Languages: Common, Elven Perception: Low-light vision
Equipment: Adventurer’s kit, notebooks, pens & waterproof ink, 60 gp.

Class and Racial Features
• Reactive Stealth: You can make a Stealth check with any cover or concealment.
• Master Trickster: Use Ghost Sound as a minor action encounter power.
• Trickster’s Cunning: +5 bonus to save against illusions.
• Fey Origin: You are considered fey for effects related to origin.

• Warlock’s Curse: Minor action. Once per turn you can curse the nearest enemy you can see. If you damage a cursed enemy, deal +1d6 damage, once per round.
• Misty Step (Pact Boon): When a cursed enemy is reduced to 0 hp, you can teleport 5 squares as a free action.
• Prime Shot: +1 to ranged attack rolls if no allies are nearer the target than you.
• Shadow Walk: On your turn, if you move at least 3 squares away from where you started, gain concealment until the end of your next turn.

At-Will Powers
• Eldritch Blast: Ranged 10 (basic attack). +7 vs. Reflex. 1d10+5 damage.
• Eyebite: Ranged 10. +6 vs. Will. 1d6+5 psychic damage, & you are invisible to the target until the start of your next turn.

Encounter powers:
• Witchfire: Ranged 10. +6 vs. Reflex. 2d6+5 fire damage, & target takes a -5 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.
• Divine Challenge: Minor action. Mark one creature in close burst 5. If it makes an attack that doesn’t include you as a target, it has a -2 penalty to attack, & takes 7 radiant damage. The mark ends if you don’t attack the target or end your turn adjacent to it.

• Ethereal Stride: Move. Teleport 3 squares, & +2 to all defenses until end of next turn.
• Fade Away: Immediate reaction (you take damage). You are invisible until you attack or until the end of your next turn.
• Ghost Sound: Minor action. Ranged 10. Effect is the same as the wizard cantrip.

Daily powers:
• Crown of Stars: Ranged 10. +6 vs. Reflex. 2d12+5 radiant damage, & if target is bloodied, it is blinded until the end of your next turn.
Sustain Minor: Ranged 10. +6 vs. Will. 4 radiant damage.

Magic Items:
• Rod of Corruption +1 (lvl 3): Whenever your pact boon is triggered, instead of taking its normal benefit you can Curse each enemy within 5 squares of the original target.
• Eagle Eye Goggles (lvl 2): Gain a +1 item bonus to ranged basic attacks.
• Leather Armor +1 (lvl 1)

Last edited by Korm'akhan on Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:05 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:20 pm

Korm'akhan wrote:
Here's my character. I haven't decided on a name yet, and I'll write more background later, after I've thought through the details more.

Okay.

Quote :
I've used the gnome racial abilities from PHII, which were recently revealed in D&DXP character sheets. If you'd prefer that I used the MM version, let me know.

Looks fine to me. The reactive stealth, misty step, shadow walk and fade away abilities have great synergy. He's going to be a sneaky little bugger, aka, perfectly gnome-y.

Interesting choice on the Soldier of the Faith feat. How are you planning to describe it? I see you listed it as his worshipping the Traveler, but if you want to do it without a religious component to it, that's fine by me.
Back to top Go down
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:48 pm

The Solider of the Faith feat has a religious component for him, but the religion of the Traveler is a secret one, so it's not going to have any overt religious aspect in use. I picture it more as a supernaturally-reinforced taunt or challenge.

Mechanically, it fits in well with the character's role in the party. Fey warlocks are fairly lousy at dealing damage compared to rogues or rangers, but they're great at imposing conditions and penalties on their target. Divine challenge is also really fun when combined with eyebite (and by "fun" I mean "sneakily infuriating to the target," like all good gnomish tactics should be): "My magic will hurt you if you don't attack me!" (hits the opponent with eyebite and vanishes).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

Number of posts : 746

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:35 am

Not sure if this was done right:

Male Eladrin Wizard
Level 1
Good
Representing Avi

Strength 8 (-1)
Constitution 12 (+1)
Dexterity 15 (+2)
Intelligence 19 (+4)
Wisdom 14 (+2)
Charisma 11 (+0)

Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 160 lb
Skin: Light
Eyes: Silver
Hair: Gold; Straight; Beardless

Maximum Hit Points: 22

Bloodied: 11
Surge Value: 5
Surges / Day: 7 [includes constitution modifier]

Size: Medium
Speed: 6 squares
Vision: Low-light

Initiative: 1d20 +2 = + 2 [dexterity]
Base Strength Attack: 1d20 -1 = -1 [strength]
Base Dexterity Attack: 1d20 +2 = + 2 [dexterity]
Base Constitution Attack: 1d20 +1 = + 1 [constitution]
Base Intelligence Attack: 1d20 +4 = + 4 [intelligence]
Base Wisdom Attack: 1d20 +2 = + 2 [wisdom]
Base Charisma Attack: 1d20 +0 = + 0 [charisma]

Armor Class: 14 = 10 + 4 [intelligence]
Fortitude Defense: 11 = 10 + 1 [constitution]
Reflex Defense: 14 = 10 + 4 [intelligence]
Will Defense: 15 = 10 + 1 [Eladrin] + 2 [wizard] + 2 [wisdom]

Armor: None (street clothes)

Shield: None

Attacks:

Unarmed Melee: -1 [base strength attack] vs AC; damage 1[W]=1d4-1 [strength]
Quarterstaff: +1 vs AC [-1 strength] [+2 proficiency]; damage 1[W]=1d8-1 [strength] 4 lb (Staff)
Ray of Frost +4i [base intelligence attack] vs fortitude
Thunderwave +4i [base intelligence attack] vs fortitude
Ray of Enfeeblement +4i [base intelligence attack] vs fortitude
Acid Arrow +4i [base intelligence attack] vs reflex
Freezing Cloud +4i [base intelligence attack] vs fortitude
Sleep +4i [base intelligence attack] vs will
i Implement-usable power. Apply a bonus as appropriate.

Base Saving Throw: d20 vs 10

Encumberance 4e

Normal Load:
Heavy Load:
Maximum Drag Load
80 lb.
160 lb.
400 lb.
Encumberance 3.5

Light load:
Medium load:
Heavy load:
Lift over head:
Lift off ground:
Push or drag:
26 lb. or less
27-53 lb.
54-80 lb.
80 lb.
160 lb.
400 lb.

Languages: Common; Elven;

Rituals Known:

Comprehend Language [Level 1]
Silence [Level 1]
Tenser's Floating Disk [Level 1]

Skills:

Acrobatics: +2 = 2 [dexterity]
Arcana: +11 = 4 [intelligence] + 2 [Eladrin] + 5 [class training]
Athletics: -1 = -1 [strength]
Bluff: +0 = 0 [charisma]
Diplomacy: +0 = 0 [charisma]
Dungeoneering: +7 = 2 [wisdom] + 5 [eladrin education]
Endurance: +1 = 1 [constitution]
Heal: +2 = 2 [wisdom]
History: +11 = 4 [intelligence] + 2 [Eladrin] + 5 [class training]
Insight: +7 = 2 [wisdom] + 5 [class training]
Intimidate: +0 = 0 [charisma]
Nature: +2 = 2 [wisdom]
Perception: +2 = 2 [wisdom]
Religion: +9 = 4 [intelligence] + 5 [class training]
Stealth: +2 = 2 [dexterity]
Streetwise: +0 = 0 [charisma]
Thievery: +2 = 2 [dexterity]

Feats:

Expanded Spellbook

At-Will:

Basic Melee Attack: By weapon, damage 1[W]-1 [strength]
Basic Ranged Attack: By weapon, damage 1[W]+2 [dexterity]
Bull Rush: -1 [base strength attack] vs fortitude
Grab: -1 [base strength attack] vs reflex
Move grabbed target: -1 [base strength attack] vs fortitude
Escape: +2 [acrobatics] vs reflex / -1 [athletics] vs fortitude
Ghost Sound [Wizard]
Light [Wizard][minor action]
Mage Hand [Wizard][minor action]
Prestidigitation [Wizard]
Ray of Frost [Level 1]
Thunderwave [Level 1]

Other Standard Actions: Administer a potion; Aid another; Charge [+1 to basic melee attack or bull rush]; Coup de grace; Equip / stow shield; Ready an action; Total defense; Sustain standard action; Some skills during combat (i.e., Acrobatics -- fast escape; Bluff, Heal -- first aid, Intimidate, Perception -- active, Thievery depending on circumstances)

Other Move Actions: Crawl; Run [speed 8]; Stand up; Shift; Squeeze; Walk; may include some skills during combat (i.e., Acrobatics, Athletics)

Other Minor Actions: Draw / sheathe weapon; Drink a potion; Drop prone; Load a crossbow; Open / close a door; Pick up an item; Retrieve / stow an item; Sustain minor action; Some skills during combat (i.e., Insight)

Other Immediate Action: Readied action

Other Opportunity Action: Opportunity attack

Other Free Actions: Drop held items; End a grab; Talk

Other Non-Actions: Delay; Endurance checks; Insight to counter Bluff; Knowledge checks; Perception -- passive

Short rest: Healing surges as available

Five minutes: Normal escape from restraints (Acrobatics)

One hour: Forage; Streetwise check

Encounter Powers:

Second Wind
Spend an Action Point [free action, not in surprise round]
Fey Step [Eladrin][move action]
Use Implement [free action]
Ray of Enfeeblement [Level 1]

Daily Powers:

Acid Arrow [Level 1]
Freezing Cloud [Level 1]
Sleep [Level 1]

Reminder to Level 1 Wizards: Each day (i.e., after extended rest), you prepare one daily non-utility power and one utility power from your spellbook.

Eladrin

* +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence (already included)
* +2 Arcana, +2 History
* Eladrin Education (already included)
* Eladrin Will (+1 on will defense, +5 vs charms)
* Fey Origin
* Trance
* Fey Step

Wizard

* This wizard prefers using an orb.
* Cantrips
* Ritual Casting [bonus feat, not listed above]
* Spellbook

Bainar's Equipment:

4 lb
2 lb
5 lb
2 lb

3 lb
1 lb
10 lb
10 lb
2 lb
4 lb
2 lb
3 lb
3 lb
_____
51 lb Weapons / Armor / Shield (from above)
Backpack
Bedroll
Caltrops
Flint and steel
Lantern (bullseye)
Pouch (belt) x1
Rations (1 day) x10
Rope (50', hempen) x1
Sunrods x2
Waterskins x1
Orb
Ritual book x1
Spellbook x1

Total

Resistances:

Action Point Tally:

Daily Item Powers Per Day: Heroic Tier Milestones: / / /

Death Saving Throw Failures:

More about Bainar:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:35 am

Mike - what utility did you use for your character?

I may not stay with the wizard and may do a kobold rogue Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:19 am

Gareth wrote:
Mike - what utility did you use for your character?
Word. I just typed it out, with some simple formatting. When I create a new 4e character, I just erase the old information and use the same basic template.

If you want some advice on the character design... improved spellbook isn't a very good feat for 1st level. It's also generally useful for your at-will powers to target different defenses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:21 am

Weird double post.

Last edited by Korm'akhan on Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:43 am

Gareth wrote:
I may not stay with the wizard and may do a kobold rogue Smile

You guys will need a controller, but if you think you'll have more fun with that, go ahead.

Korm'akhan wrote:
Word. I just typed it out, with some simple formatting. When I create a new 4e character, I just erase the old information and use the same basic template.

Best way to do it, IMO. The character creator is handy, but if you know the rules, 4e is easy enough that something like that is much faster.

Quote :
If you want some advice on the character design... improved spellbook isn't a very good feat for 1st level. It's also generally useful for your at-will powers to target different defenses.

What he said. BTW, don't worry about being stuck with a bad choice, since I have no problems with people changing feats, skills, powers, etc as and when they find something isn't working as well for them as they'd like.
Back to top Go down
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:17 pm

So what is a good feat choice?
What are the other guys playing? Maybe someone else is a controller?
What is the character generator recommended?

I will change up my spell list but if you guys have suggestions. I did try to get variety, but you know this is all new.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:40 pm

gareth wrote:
So what is a good feat choice?

I particularly like Improved Initiative and Toughness (one of the best feats now). I also like Jack of All Trades, which requires a 13 Int and basically gives a +2 to every untrained skill. Some of the multiclass feats are decent too, esp. the cleric (Initiate of the Faith) and warlord (Student of Battle) ones, since the extra skill and ability to heal yourself is damn handy.

Mike, any suggestions?

Quote :
What are the other guys playing? Maybe someone else is a controller?

Thus far we have Julia with a cleric and Mike with a warlock. I'm guessing John wants to go the barbarian route. Nothing from Dave yet.

Quote :
I will change up my spell list but if you guys have suggestions. I did try to get variety, but you know this is all new.

I think your spell list is functional, but for a little more variety, I'd probably do Scorching Burst (vs. Ref, good range, fire) and Thunderwave (vs. Fort, close, thunder) for at-wills. For the encounter power, rather than one which targets only one enemy (which the other PCs can do anyway), I might go for Force Orb (damn good range and hits multiple enemies without hitting allies, which is very nice). Acid Arrow, Freezing Cloud and Sleep are all good daily powers, with the last two being better, I think.
Back to top Go down
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:33 pm

Admin wrote:
Best way to do it, IMO. The character creator is handy, but if you know the rules, 4e is easy enough that something like that is much faster.
Especially for low-level characters. The calculations are simple at all levels, so what takes the most time is writing out abbreviated descriptions of the powers.

Admin wrote:
I particularly like Improved Initiative and Toughness (one of the best feats now). I also like Jack of All Trades, which requires a 13 Int and basically gives a +2 to every untrained skill. Some of the multiclass feats are decent too, esp. the cleric (Initiate of the Faith) and warlord (Student of Battle) ones, since the extra skill and ability to heal yourself is damn handy.

Mike, any suggestions?
Those are all good. Armor Proficiency (leather) is very good for wizards, giving them +2 AC for one feat.

Quote :
Thus far we have Julia with a cleric and Mike with a warlock. I'm guessing John wants to go the barbarian route. Nothing from Dave yet.
That sounds right.

Quote :
I think your spell list is functional, but for a little more variety, I'd probably do Scorching Burst (vs. Ref, good range, fire) and Thunderwave (vs. Fort, close, thunder) for at-wills. For the encounter power, rather than one which targets only one enemy (which the other PCs can do anyway), I might go for Force Orb (damn good range and hits multiple enemies without hitting allies, which is very nice). Acid Arrow, Freezing Cloud and Sleep are all good daily powers, with the last two being better, I think.
My favorite wizard level 1 daily is flaming sphere. It does great damage and decent battlefield control, and can potentially last a whole combat. Force Orb is a good encounter power, for the reasons Shil said.

For at-wills, both thunderwave and scorching burst are good powers, but you might want to have one single-target power instead of two area-effects. That would depend on the party composition and tactics though. (Getting an additional at-will power is the main reason why Human is my favorite race for wizards).

Last edited by Korm'akhan on Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:45 pm

Korm'akhan wrote:
Those are all good. Armor Proficiency (leather) is very good for wizards, giving them +2 AC for one feat.

True. I always forget that cloth armor has no bonus to AC.

Quote :
wills, both thunderwave and scorching burst are good powers, but you might want to have one single-target power instead of two area-effects.

But ... but ... with all area effects you always have an excuse to blow up party members!

Quote :
(Getting an additional at-will power is the main reason why Human is my favorite race for wizards).

Good point. I also like human since then you have the option to pick up Action Surge. A +3 to hit when using an action point is good for any class, but for a wizard, who can be using the +3 on a bunch of attack rolls, it's brilliant!
Back to top Go down
Six of Six

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:36 pm

Where is the Soldier of the Faith feat, PHB II?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:41 pm

Six of Six wrote:
PHB I. The multiclass feats are at the end of the feats chapter.

Do you have an idea of what you'd like to play?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:39 pm

Korm'akhan wrote:
Six of Six wrote:
PHB I. The multiclass feats are at the end of the feats chapter.

Do you have an idea of what you'd like to play?

If the group has one of each type then a warlord. If not then something that fits. Missing a class or two, shouldn't be much of a problem at low levels. Just when it might, we will be breaking for the summer and looking to redo our peeps. I want to play a warforged and get into the setting of Eberron. I'll wait until the summer 'respec' to play a warforged, but it looks like they sleep now. WTF!?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:00 pm

Six of Six wrote:
If the group has one of each type then a warlord. If not then something that fits. Missing a class or two, shouldn't be much of a problem at low levels. Just when it might, we will be breaking for the summer and looking to redo our peeps.

True. Why don't you just go for a warlord then? Julia's cleric is going to be decently tough in melee, and if we have a warlord (a class which can handle melee well enough) too, between them they can make up for the lack of a real defender. Assuming John goes for a barbarian and Avi plays a wizard or rogue.

Quote :
I want to play a warforged and get into the setting of Eberron. I'll wait until the summer 'respec' to play a warforged

Warforged again? And I just talked Julia out of playing a shifter (well, kinda). Ah well, maybe this time we can really found the warforged pirate nation.

Quote :
, but it looks like they sleep now. WTF!?!

Do they? I think they just need to rest (i.e. no strenuous activity) whatever class they are, for 4 hrs. Remember, in 3e the spellcaster warforged had to rest for 8 hrs.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:20 pm

Here's Julia's cleric. She had originally thought of a longtooth shifter and I didn't want her ending up with the same flavor as Luna, so we decided to make her a valenar elf while using the stats for a longtooth shifter. Her longtooth shifting power will be Sofia basically imbuing herself with the power of the legendary ancestor whom she's named after and venerates. Anyway, here she is:

Sofia – Elven Cleric 1 (using Longtooth Shifter stats):
Str 18, Con 12, Dex 8, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 12; Speed 5; Initiative +0; HP 24 (Bloodied 12); Healing surges 8 (6 hp); AC 17, Fort 14, Ref 12, Will 15; Double Sword +7 (1d8+4)

Feats: Ritual Caster, Weapon Proficiency (Double Sword)
Skills: Diplomacy +6, Heal +8, Insight +8, Religion +7
Languages: Common, Elven Perception: Low-light vision
Equipment: Double sword, chainmail, holy symbol, ritual book (Animal Messenger, Gentle Repose), adventurer’s kit

Cleric Abilities:
• Channel Divinity: Once per encounter, use the Channel Divinity power
• Healer’s Lore: When granting healing with a power with the healing keyword, add +3 to the hit pts regained

At-Will Powers
• Righteous Brand: Melee. +7 vs. AC. 1d8 + 4 damage and one ally within 5 gains a +4 power bonus to melee attacks vs. the target until the end of your next turn
• Sacred Flame: Ranged 5. +3 vs. Ref. 1d6 + 3 radiant damage and one ally you can see either gains 1 temporary hp or can make a saving throw

Encounter powers
• Channel Divinity (Divine Fortune): Free action. Gain +1 to your next attack or saving throw before end of your turn
• Channel Divinity (Turn Undead): All undead in close burst 2. +3 vs. Will. 1d10 + 3 radiant damage and push the target 4 squares and target is immobilized until the end of your next turn. Miss: Half damage and targets are not pushed or immobilized.
• Healing Strike: Melee. +7 vs. AC. 2d8 + 4 radiant damage and the target is marked till the end of your next turn, and you or an ally within 5 can spend a healing surge and recover an additional 3 hp
• Healing Word: 2/encounter but only 1/rd. Minor action. Close burst 5. You or one ally can spend a healing surge and recover an additional 1d6 + 3 hp
• Longtooth Shifting: Minor. Only if bloodied. Gain +2 dmg until end of encounter & Regeneration 2 while bloodied.

Daily powers
• Beacon of Hope: Target each enemy in close burst 3. +3 vs. Will. Enemy is weakened until the end of its next turn. Effect: You and all allies in the burst regain 8 hp and your healing powers restore +5 hp till the end of the encounter.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:08 pm

Cool. I've always loved the Valenar elves (& the Aerenal elves too). Shouldn't she be able to speak Elven though?

Since she's a Valenar Elf, why not give her proficiency in the double sword? It fits the flavor perfectly, it gives the same AC bonus as a light shield, and it's a better weapon than a mace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:36 pm

Admin wrote:
Six of Six wrote:
I want to play a warforged and get into the setting of Eberron. I'll wait until the summer 'respec' to play a warforged

Warforged again? And I just talked Julia out of playing a shifter (well, kinda). Ah well, maybe this time we can really found the warforged pirate nation.

A warlord warforged, Lord Forge, to take up where the Lord of Blades left off. This depends on the 4e Eberron release.

Admin wrote:
Six of Six wrote:
, but it looks like they sleep now. WTF!?!

Do they? I think they just need to rest (i.e. no strenuous activity) whatever class they are, for 4 hrs. Remember, in 3e the spellcaster warforged had to rest for 8 hrs.

From the limited racial traits in the MM, not sleeping wasn't mentioned just fast resting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:59 am

Six of Six wrote:
A warlord warforged, Lord Forge, to take up where the Lord of Blades left off. This depends on the 4e Eberron release.
Those are some pretty grandiose plans for a 1st level character. Smile

Quote :
From the limited racial traits in the MM, not sleeping wasn't mentioned just fast resting.
There was a full racial writeup in Dragon #364, which should still be available for free on the Wizards website.

Here's the relevant paragraph:
Rather than sleep, warforged spend 4 hours refraining from any strenuous activity. You need to spend 4 hours in this state to gain the same benefits other races gain from taking a 6-hour extended rest. While resting in this low-exertion state, you are fully aware of your surroundings and notice approaching enemies and other events as normal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Characters   Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:38 am

Korm'akhan wrote:
Cool. I've always loved the Valenar elves (& the Aerenal elves too). Shouldn't she be able to speak Elven though?

Good point.

Quote :
Since she's a Valenar Elf, why not give her proficiency in the double sword? It fits the flavor perfectly, it gives the same AC bonus as a light shield, and it's a better weapon than a mace.

Nice suggestion. I checked the item via the Compendium and it fits well. I'll edit the character accordingly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Characters   

Back to top Go down

Characters
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next