Shil's Eberron Game

Private board for a 3.5e D&D Eberron game

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Re-equipping

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re-equipping   Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:26 pm

As usual, we'll be re-equipping your PCs. Each of you gets 150,000 gp to spend on equipment. That doesn't include the following items, which you get for free:

Quote :
Gareth - The Endless Blade, Dragonhide Full Plate, Dragonhide Heavy Shield

Korm - Meteoric Sword, Amulet of Centering

Luna - Beasthide Leather Armor of Moderate Fortification +1, Armbands of Maximized Healing w. Wilding Clasp, Goggles of Draconic Vision which work in Wildshape, Belt of Mage Armor, Ring of Fly 2/day, Ring of Dimension Door (1/day) & See Invisibility (2/day), Necklace from Mournland

Nameless - Necklace of the Phantom Library, Ring of Metamagics, Runestaff of Power, Ring of Greater Counterspells

Six - Aberration-Bane Spiked Chain, Undead-Bane Scorpion Chain, Ring of Mindshielding, Skirmisher Boots, Wand Sheath, Essence of the Scout, Amulet of Tears, Cli Lyre, Rod of Viscid Globs, MW spiked chain, MW silvered spiked chain, MW cold iron spiked chain, Hat of Disguise, Golembane Scarab, MW comp. longbow [+7 Str], Wand of Haste (50 charges), Wand of Repair Critical (50 charges), Word of Recall scroll

Group - Portable Hole, Truelight Lantern (carried by Six), unique Amulet of the Planes (carried by Nameless), Rod of Planar Summoning (carried by Nameless), Orb of Mental Renewal (carried by Luna), Rod of Bodily Restoration (carried by Luna), Horn of Plenty (carried by Luna), Staff of Survival (carried by Luna), Handy Haversack per PC

Also note that I'm no longer going to be tracking items which cost less than 1000 gp. That includes most scrolls up to 4th level and potions up to 3rd level. Now if you suddenly want to have 23 Freedom of Movement scrolls, I might say "No," but most of the time, if it costs 1000 gp or less and you want it, you have it available on you.

Drop me an email or post in this thread about what items you want to spend the 150,000 gp on. If you have items on your character currently which you want to keep (and which aren't listed among the free ones above), then they do have to come out of the 150k.

And let me know if you have any questions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eberrongame.goodbb.net
Nameless

Number of posts : 307

PostSubject: Re: Re-equipping   Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:53 pm

Shil, the Robe of the Archmagi gives a +5 Armor Bonus. If Nameless got that, would he get the benefit of the armor enhancements the others get?

I'm seriously tempted to blow most of mine on a Tome Of Clear Thought (+4 inherent bonus to int) 110k.

How much would a platform we could assemble out of that naturally floating wood be? Something large enough to hold Korm, Luna (Shifter) and Nameless? So about 10'x10'.

Last edited by Nameless on Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Re-equipping   Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:35 am

Nameless wrote:
Shil, the Robe of the Archmagi gives a +5 Armor Bonus. If Nameless got that, would he get the benefit of the armor enhancements the others get?

Sure, I'd allow it. But I wouldn't consider that sort of cost worth it, considering you're already getting the resistance bonuses to saves and the SR sometimes.

Quote :
How much would a platform we could assemble out of that naturally floating wood be? Something large enough to hold Korm, Luna (Shifter) and Nameless? So about 10'x10'.

Cost wouldn't be an issue. You'd have to get it made for you. The wood is buoyant but doesn't naturally float. It has to be magically crafted to be so, which is done by Houses Cannith and/or Orien in conjunction with the Zilargo gnomes. In view of the current situation and your contacts among the various nations, getting something like that would be easy enough for you, but would take a few days.
Back to top Go down
Rowan

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2006-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Re-equipping   Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:22 am

Admin wrote:
Sure, I'd allow it. But I wouldn't consider that sort of cost worth it, considering you're already getting the resistance bonuses to saves and the SR sometimes.
There are a couple magic items in the Compendium that would work better than the robe of the archmagi. Look at the Impervious Vestment and Robe of Arcane Might.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

Number of posts : 746

PostSubject: Re: Re-equipping   Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:02 am

So far I have these items. How much is the byeshk greatsword +1?

Item Cost 150,000
Remain= 21,000
Necklace of adaptation 9000
Byeshk Greatsword +1
Adamantinte Scimitar +1 5000
Deathstrike Bracers 25000
Counterspell Ring 4000
Ring of Evasion 25000
Boots of Big Stepping 5000
Stone of Goodluck 20000
Cloak of Displacement Minor 24,000
Heartseeking Amulet 3000
Retributive Amulet 9000

For the heartseeking & retributive amulet, can that be some other slot item? I have belt, & head slot open (not sure if there are other slots)
What should i spend the remaining 21k on?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nameless

PostSubject: Re: Re-equipping   Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:14 am

Upgrade that ring to Greater Counterspells it's 12k more. You'll get a free dispel attempt 1/day at the cost of an equal or greater level spell. Nameless's has saved us some significant pain on a number of occasions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Re-equipping   Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:26 am

That's what. I originally wanted but didn't see it in the dmg. How does the greater ring work?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Re-equipping   Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:12 am

Gareth wrote:
So far I have these items. How much is the byeshk greatsword +1?

Byeshk weapons cost an extra 1,500 gp. So consider a byeshk greatsword 4,000 gp.

Quote :
Deathstrike Bracers 25000

I'm not allowing this item, or any item (or spell) which allows sneak attacking or critting enemies immune to criticals.

Quote :
Cloak of Displacement Minor 24,000

No items which have a permanent miss chance.

You can, however, get the Greater Blurring property on your armor (which'll cost 8,000 gp, since it's a +2 enhancement and the armor counts as +1), which lets you benefit from a Blur effect (20% miss chance) which lasts 10 minutes. It's usable as a swift action any number of times/day.

Quote :
Heartseeking Amulet 3000

Not allowing this item, or anything which turns attacks into touch attacks.

Quote :
For the heartseeking & retributive amulet, can that be some other slot item?

No, but since the Heartseeking amulet is not available, that won't be an issue. Though I see you also have a Necklace of Adaptation (same slot). Basically you're going to have to choose which items to use at a given time/day. Also, I'm going to have some restriction on items needing to be worn for a while (say, 12 hrs) to be active, so you can't just have three Retributive amulets and toss them on/off one by one.

Quote :
I have belt, & head slot open (not sure if there are other slots)

Off the top of my head, I think you have your face, waist and torso slots open. Plus the shoulders and arms, without the cloak and bracers.

Quote :
What should i spend the remaining 21k on?

Nameless' suggestion about the Ring of Greater Counterspells is a very good one, I think. Plus check out some of the stuff in the MIC for the different slots I mentioned above. There are some nice shirts with good DR, which would be right up Gareth's alley.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Re-equipping   Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:16 am

Gareth wrote:
That's what. I originally wanted but didn't see it in the dmg. How does the greater ring work?

It's in the Magic Item Compendium. And it works just like the regular ring, but also lets you try to counterspell a spell by a caster you can see within 100 feet, as an immediate action. The item description says you can use a spell of any level, but I'll say you have to use a spell of the same level as the one being cast (i.e. no countering a Wish with a Detect Magic Razz).
Back to top Go down
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Re-equipping   Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:26 pm

Admin wrote:
Byeshk weapons cost an extra 1,500 gp. So consider a byeshk greatsword 4,000 gp.
Why does Gareth need a Byeshk greatsword or adamantine scimitar? Doesn't the endless blade automatically go through DR?

I'm also curious why you're spending 20,000 on a stone of good luck? Gareth doesn't need the help on saving throws, and we rarely make skill or ability checks. Is there a story reason for it that I don't know about?

Quote :
Not allowing this item, or anything which turns attacks into touch attacks.
I assume you're talking about magic items or spells here. Korm has one attack maneuver, Emerald Razor, which uses a touch attack.

Quote :
Nameless' suggestion about the Ring of Greater Counterspells is a very good one, I think. Plus check out some of the stuff in the MIC for the different slots I mentioned above. There are some nice shirts with good DR, which would be right up Gareth's alley.
Korm is buying one of these. It's a less-good suggestion for Gareth though, because the counterspell basically works like Greater Dispel Magic, requiring a caster-level check. Consider taking a strand of prayer beads with a bead of karma. +4 to caster level for 10 minutes once a day may be worth the 25,800.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six

Number of posts : 257

PostSubject: Re: Re-equipping   Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:42 pm

Looking for a flight item. I know of the statues, and flying carpet anything else?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Re-equipping   Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:23 pm

Six of Six wrote:
Looking for a flight item. I know of the statues, and flying carpet anything else?
There are wings of flying, winged boots, and a broom of flying in the DMG. In the MIC there a Cloak of the Phoenix (in the magic item sets section).

Plus, there's always scrolls and potions of fly and overland flight. Because Shil's not tracking items under 1000gp, scrolls of fly with a caster level of 13th level or lower would be effectively free, assuming that Shil says you can find them.

Edited to add a quick question: Can Limited Wish be used to duplicate the effects of artificer infusions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Re-equipping   Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:25 pm

Is Shadow an elemental force in Shil's Eberron?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Re-equipping   Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:41 pm

That's the first I've ever heard about that. Why?

Luna should consider getting a byeshk aberration-bane weapon with the Sizing quality. Sizing, for an additional +5000 gp, makes the weapon change its size category to any other size you desire. So Luna could turn into an earth elemental (which are able to wield weapons) and the weapon would change size along with her. She could also give the weapon to an Elemental Monolith, and it would turn into a Gargantuan weapon suited to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Re-equipping   Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:15 pm

Korm'akhan wrote:

I was thinking shadow from the shadow image spells from the illusion school. Six's harness is linked to an undefined shadow source, posibly it could do stuff. I've been flipping through some of my superhero stuff and force manipulation is everpresent. By the spells, shadow if the closest I've found in DnD to a force to manipulate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nameless

PostSubject: Re: Re-equipping   Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:05 pm

Korm'akhan wrote:

Luna should consider getting a byeshk aberration-bane weapon with the Sizing quality. Sizing, for an additional +5000 gp, makes the weapon change its size category to any other size you desire. So Luna could turn into an earth elemental (which are able to wield weapons) and the weapon would change size along with her. She could also give the weapon to an Elemental Monolith, and it would turn into a Gargantuan weapon suited to it.

Hell, we should buy 4 of them. Nameless will buy two for sure.

There's also a Summoners Totem which lets you cast a spell of up to 3rd level on a summoned creature when you summon it. It's only 3k and would let you toss a bulls strength on the Monolith or perhaps a Bear's Endurance (extra 68 hp).

Can Nameless gate in a Monolith with a Barbarian level?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Re-equipping   Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:54 pm

Necklace of adaptation 9000
Byeshk Greatsword +1 4000
Adamantinte Scimitar +1 5000
Greater Counterspell Ring 4000
Ring of Evasion 25000
Boots of Big Stepping 5000
Wings of flying
Greater Bluring armor 8000 giving +1 armor enhancement, 10min/use unlim use/day?
Retributive amulet

So why not on moving items to other slots, you let it before.

So far I have face, back, torso, shoulder, arms. I think the waist is for the wings, at least I had that historically

I will check out the dr stuff shirts when I get home after pitt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nameless

PostSubject: Re: Re-equipping   Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:04 pm

Gareth wrote:
Greater Counterspell Ring 4000

The ring is 16k not 4k, Avi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leonis

PostSubject: Re: Re-equipping   Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:05 pm

Vg
Korm'akhan wrote:
Admin wrote:
Why does Gareth need a Byeshk greatsword or adamantine scimitar? Doesn't the endless blade automatically go through DR

It does, but am field makes it go away so this is a backup.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Re-equipping   Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:13 pm

The totem functions "When you summon a single animal using a summon nature’s ally spell", so it wouldn't work on an elemental monolith. But we could still Quicken a good buff spell onto one.

Humanoid elementals are proficient in simple weapons, so the sizing weapon should be a spear or mace. Druids are proficient in spears, so that would be Luna's best choice if she decided to go for this.

Gareth wrote:
It does, but am field makes it go away so this is a backup.
Then why is your backup enchanted? Actually, even outside of an AM field, every weapon we wield is considered to be +4.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Re-equipping   Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:03 pm

I think I'm going to get a Necklace of Adaptation for Korm, so Nameless can drop Cloudkills on melee fights with impunity: Six and Luna are both immune to poison, and Gareth has a necklace of adaptation too.

Shil, would it be possible to magic a magic item that doesn't take up an item slot by paying double the price, according to the guidelines?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Re-equipping   Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:54 pm

Six's Gear

Ring of Telekinesis 75,000
Phoenix Cloak 50,000 MIC 210
Third Eye Sense 12,000 MIC 142

Spells for Six, two fall under the 1000 gp limit.
Essence of the Raptor druid 4 lvlSC
Construct Essence wizard RoE pg 183
lessser 2 lvl
base 5 lv 1,125
greater 9 lvl 3,825
Golem Immunity 8 lvl 3,000 RoE pg 186
Utility Scroll pack.

Left 5,050
Edit
The chains should be: +1 Aberration bane byeshk scorpion, +1 undead bane adamatine spike. The MW composite long bow +8 str.

Last edited by Six of Six on Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rowan

PostSubject: Re: Re-equipping   Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:05 pm

Six of Six wrote:

Phoenix Cloak 50,000
Whoa, those are some pricy items there. What do you have planned for the Ring of Telekinesis?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six of Six

PostSubject: Re: Re-equipping   Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:22 pm

Korm'akhan wrote:
Six of Six wrote:

Phoenix Cloak 50,000
Whoa, those are some pricy items there. What do you have planned for the Ring of Telekinesis?

Phoenix cloak and essence of the raptor should give a perfect man flight speed of 70ft. Essence gives you a speed of 60ft or you base if higher.
TK ring, reach out and touch things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Re-equipping   Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:31 pm

Six of Six wrote:
Six's Gear

Phoenix Cloak 50,000 MIC 210
Third Eye Sense 12,000 MIC 142

Okay for the Ring and the Cloak. The Third Eye Sense costs 24,000 (it's 12,000 to create), but I'm not allowing that one anyway.

Quote :
Spells for Six, two fall under the 1000 gp limit.
Essence of the Raptor druid 4 lvlSC
Construct Essence wizard RoE pg 183
lessser 2 lvl
base 5 lv 1,125
greater 9 lvl 3,825
Golem Immunity 8 lvl 3,000 RoE pg 186
Utility Scroll pack.

Fine by me, but you probably won't need the Construct Essence stuff with the special ability info I sent you.

Quote :
The chains should be: +1 Aberration bane byeshk scorpion, +1 undead bane adamatine spike. The MW composite long bow +8 str.

Noted. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Re-equipping   

Back to top Go down

Re-equipping
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shil's Eberron Game :: The Final Countdown-
Jump to: